Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Boselli says 2020 jags are better than the 2021 team.

Hard to argue. Starts around 38mins.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’d have to agree
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Agree as well

100% on point.

the team letting go of Minshew only to replace him with a less accomplished but more expensive backup sort of summarizes this past offseason for me. Just because we spent more does not mean that overall we spent it wisely. We missed on almost every offensive free agent signing. We brought no explosive playmakers in except for Agnew, despite preaching its importance all off-season. Heck, we did not even sign desean Jackson when we had the chance. Overall, I would feel more comfortable with a new, nfl experienced regime, going forward. This is a results based business and scoring 7 points in a game this deep into the year does not give me a lot of confidence going into 2022.

(12-07-2021, 01:05 AM)Newton Wrote: the team letting go of Minshew only to replace him with a less accomplished but more expensive backup sort of summarizes this past offseason for me. Just because we spent more does not mean that  overall we spent it wisely. We missed on almost every offensive free agent signing. We brought no explosive playmakers in except for Agnew, despite preaching its importance all off-season. Heck, we did not even sign desean Jackson when we had the chance. Overall, I would feel more comfortable with a new, nfl experienced regime, going forward. This is a results based business and scoring 7 points in a game this deep into the year does not give me a lot of confidence going into 2022.

Yes, incompetence rules in north Florida. They can't come out and say it on Happy Hour because they are employed and like the checks they get to cash, but if you listen to what they're saying each week, they  know full well this staff is a inferior one by a mile.

The Hyde signing/playing time. The ETN pick with Robinson on the roster, trading a sure thing as a backup and a competent starter at QB, trading db talent away like we still have prime Ramsey/Bouye. It's all been a haze, and most competent and talented players want nothing to do with this franchise. The owner sucks, the GM has sucked, the coach really sucks, and the players suck too. Nothing this team did in 2020 helped Minshew when he was named QB and this regime has done next to nothing for Lawrence either.

(12-07-2021, 06:47 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 01:05 AM)Newton Wrote: the team letting go of Minshew only to replace him with a less accomplished but more expensive backup sort of summarizes this past offseason for me. Just because we spent more does not mean that  overall we spent it wisely. We missed on almost every offensive free agent signing. We brought no explosive playmakers in except for Agnew, despite preaching its importance all off-season. Heck, we did not even sign desean Jackson when we had the chance. Overall, I would feel more comfortable with a new, nfl experienced regime, going forward. This is a results based business and scoring 7 points in a game this deep into the year does not give me a lot of confidence going into 2022.

Yes, incompetence rules in north Florida. They can't come out and say it on Happy Hour because they are employed and like the checks they get to cash, but if you listen to what they're saying each week, they  know full well this staff is a inferior one by a mile.

The Hyde signing/playing time. The ETN pick with Robinson on the roster, trading a sure thing as a backup and a competent starter at QB, trading db talent away like we still have prime Ramsey/Bouye. It's all been a haze, and most competent and talented players want nothing to do with this franchise. The owner sucks, the GM has sucked, the coach really sucks, and the players suck too. Nothing this team did in 2020 helped Minshew when he was named QB and this regime has done next to nothing for Lawrence either.
Unfortunately, this is exactly the case. Honestly, there is nothing going on right now to inspire confidence. Such a shame for the fans, since the deck was stacked for a turn around this year. I was a wait and see on Urban Meyer (not a hater), but he clearly is not up to the task. Going into next season, I have much less hope than this one.

Breaking news water is wet.

I guess we are all so blind that we need to be told the obvious. This franchise has screwed themselves. Where have we built goodwill with the players? The level of dumping on Robinson sets all sorts of new low level nonsense.

Lol indeed. The record, in a league with a salary cap, speaks for itself

(12-07-2021, 01:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Breaking news water is wet.

I guess we are all so blind that we need to be told the obvious. This franchise has screwed themselves. Where have we built goodwill with the players? The level of dumping on Robinson sets all sorts of new low level nonsense.

Yeah, the narrative of "Marrone/Caldwell >> Baalke/Meyer" has been posted on this board since the 4th quarter of week 3 and every week since.

But I'm glad Boselli has the sand to say it on the radio now, at least. 

We are witnessing complete incompetence from the F.O. and staff of this team.

I need to sponsor laviska shenault jr on a milk cart. Man they have ruined him as well.

Yeah when you begin to compare our coaching to the patriots with a rookie QB, you realize they cannot be compared.

Hard to disagree with him. This team is maybe marginally better on the defensive line but last years team was better offensively. I think if they played 10 times, the 2020 team wins 7.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-07-2021, 04:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Hard to disagree with him. This team is maybe marginally better on the defensive line but last years team was better offensively. I think if they played 10 times, the 2020 team wins 7.

the other three end in scoreless ties?

Wink

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 10:15 AM by Section105Fan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Despite selecting players near the top of the draft for the last decade the Jaguars have been unable to field a competitive team. Some of those players have gone on to prolific careers with other teams, but most are out of football, or warm the benches for other teams. There are only two conclusions I can come up with…….poor talent evaluation and/or poor coaching. I’m always amazed when our second round wide receiver can’t get separation from an undrafted defensive back from Alcorn State, or the defensive end, drafted in the 6th round bull rushes our 1st round tackle and sacks our QB.

I think our ‘95 expansion team was better than this team, primarily because it was comprised of players selected by other teams, and we had a disciplinarian for a coach.

Yep. They at least had the brains to utilize a running back who was gaining 4/5 yards every play on average

Tony would know!
Just hope Khan will listen to the Big Man
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-07-2021, 03:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I need to sponsor laviska shenault jr on a milk cart. Man they have ruined him as well.

Yeah nah his stone hands this season have ruined him.