Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans Cut LB Zach Cunningham

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/tex...key-player

Under normal circumstances, I would advocate going after him without much hesitation, especially considering the need at ILB.

But considering he has been released for discipline issues and the Jaguars locker room doesn't appear to be.....let's say stable...I'm not so sure it's a good idea.

On the other hand, at this stage, what could it possibly hurt?  Talent wise, he'd provide a huge upgrade over Wilson, to the point if he's kept around another year or so, that's potentially one less position we'll have to draft next April for little to no cost.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2021, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/tex...key-player

Under normal circumstances, I would advocate going after him without much hesitation, especially considering the need at ILB.

But considering he has been released for discipline issues and the Jaguars locker room doesn't appear to be.....let's say stable...I'm not so sure it's a good idea.

On the other hand, at this stage, what could it possibly hurt?  Talent wise, he'd provide a huge upgrade over Wilson, to the point if he's kept around another year or so, that's potentially one less position we'll have to draft next April for little to no cost.

I doubt he would even report here. Rumor is he didn't like the way things were going in Houston and he became very vocal about it, leading to his being disciplined and exit. If he didn't like the way things were headed in Houston, he'd hate it here.

(12-08-2021, 06:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/tex...key-player

I doubt he would even report here. Rumor is he didn't like the way things were going in Houston and he became very vocal about it, leading to his being disciplined and exit. If he didn't like the way things were headed in Houston, he'd hate it here.

Well you are probably right.

OTOH, there is a different dynamic at play here than it is there, though both are spectacularly dysfunctional.  Dating back a couple of years, the Texans ownership alienated the players with comments related to the protests.  After that, they alienated the players with stupid trades.  Deshaun Watson vowed to never play for the Texans again and demanded a trade, on top of the off field issues he had.  Even JJ Watt wanted out.

Our dysfunction is more run of the mill incompetence stuff, focused primarily around the coaching.

Maybe he won't want anything to do with this franchise.  But we lose nothing by going after him. We desperately need a WR.  Two experienced ones hit the market in OBJ and the guy who went to the Raiders, and to my knowledge, we didn't make a play for wither guy.

At least TRY to make things better.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-08-2021, 07:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 06:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I doubt he would even report here. Rumor is he didn't like the way things were going in Houston and he became very vocal about it, leading to his being disciplined and exit. If he didn't like the way things were headed in Houston, he'd hate it here.

Well you are probably right.

OTOH, there is a different dynamic at play here than it is there, though both are spectacularly dysfunctional.  Dating back a couple of years, the Texans ownership alienated the players with comments related to the protests.  After that, they alienated the players with stupid trades.  Deshaun Watson vowed to never play for the Texans again and demanded a trade, on top of the off field issues he had.  Even JJ Watt wanted out.

Our dysfunction is more run of the mill incompetence stuff, focused primarily around the coaching.

Maybe he won't want anything to do with this franchise.  But we lose nothing by going after him. We desperately need a WR.  Two experienced ones hit the market in OBJ and the guy who went to the Raiders, and to my knowledge, we didn't make a play for wither guy.

At least TRY to make things better.

Agreed. There is never any harm in trying to go after him. 

As far as our situation, we had run of the mill incompetence stuff before. Many times. This is much different. The level of incompetence we have now is a level not often seen in professional sports. It's a complete lack of understanding of the basic rules and workings of the NFL. That's what is so frustrating.

again jags miss out on a player.  He was already signed off waviers by tittians.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-10-2021, 09:52 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: again jags miss out on a player.  He was already signed off waviers by tittians.

take the blinders off, snowy. Look at why the dude was let go. Look at our team. Think about whether you want to bring that mess into our locker room.

This isn't madden.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 12:04 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-10-2021, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 09:52 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: again jags miss out on a player.  He was already signed off waviers by tittians.

take the blinders off, snowy. Look at why the dude was let go. Look at our team. Think about whether you want to bring that mess into our locker room.

This isn't madden.

the team is already a mess,so why not take chances with good players. we all know jags will be paid off to fail again in the draft,at least until team  announces they are offcially moveing to london.

By then we will be able to get Tom bradys son,and bill belichick will become jags head coach.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-10-2021, 10:31 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: take the blinders off, snowy. Look at why the dude was let go. Look at our team. Think about whether you want to bring that mess into our locker room.

This isn't madden.

the team is already a mess,so why not take chances with good players. we all know jags will be paid off to fail again in the draft,at least until team  announces they are offcially moveing to london.

By then we will be able to get Tom bradys son,and bill belichick will become jags head coach.

the tin foil budget in your household has to be astronomical.

The Jags have other issues to worry about.