Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Absolutely Ridiculous Article

(12-09-2021, 08:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 07:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Kellen Moore, Brian Daboll and Doug Pederson.

I think any one of those three would fix Lawrence and the offense within one training camp and a decent draft and free agency to add some help on the outside.

Defensively I really would like to see Joe Cullen and his whole staff retained if at all possible.

I think he could do so much more scheme wise if the offense could muster actual time on the field and score points.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kellen Moore has seriously impressed me this year with what hes done with the Dallas O but the one criticism i have is he seems to call pass plays when he doesn't need to. Hes an aggressive OC which is good but when you just want to run the ball and eat clock he throws in a pass when he doesnt need to. Hes going to be great in the future as a HC but he may be a bit young but then look at someone like McVay and he hit the ground running with the Rams

Ive been so broken by our HC's that McDaniels doesn't sound too bad right now. I think the GM hire is the biggest one we need to hit on and i look at someone like Lynch with the Niners and the job hes done building that roster and i just hope we can find a true NFL brain for that job.

McDaniels is a traitor. Don't need a guy like that around. He already failed once as a HC and is scared to death to take a leap of faith and living on the false promise he will eventually take over for Bill, but Bill isn't going anywhere for a very long time. McDaniels is an idiot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2021, 05:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 05:43 PM)High Octane Wrote: I'd be fine with Byron Leftwich. Not really the others.

& i'm still on board with giving Eric Bienemi a shot.

You would be in a small minority.  People hated BL when he was here before. 

People would still hate him if he returned.  In fact, it would be doubtful if he wanted to return for that very reason.  I think he would make a good coach though.

Some people hated him as a player because of a perceived lack of work ethic. I think his relative success as a coordinator would get people over that hump though. He'll be a good head coach one day.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-09-2021, 05:43 PM)High Octane Wrote: I'd be fine with Byron Leftwich. Not really the others.

I would absolutely HATE a Jeff Fisher hire.  His passing offenses have been overwhelmingly bad, but for a couple of years in Tennessee with Steve McNair.

In addition to what you mentioned,  many, if not most of the Jaguars fans from the version of this Forum / Message Board from 10 + years ago would have been pushed over the edge by the franchise if Jeff Fisher became HC.  Fisher's comments after the 1999 season AFC Championship game that were along the lines that Alltel Stadium ( or whatever it was called back then ) was Tennessee's 2nd home, made him football public enemy # 1 by many Jaguars fans.

People would still hate him if he returned.  In fact, it would be doubtful if he wanted to return for that very reason.  I think he would make a good coach though.

I would absolutely HATE a Jeff Fisher hire.  His passing offenses have been overwhelmingly bad, but for a couple of years in Tennessee with Steve McNair.

Now that he finally beat Ohio State an won a Big 10 title, Harbaugh isn't going anywhere.  Besides, as log as Baalke is here, Harbaugh likely won't come near here.  Baalke is why Harbaugh left Sn Francisco in the first place.

Doug Pederson and Kellen Moore are the only two of that list I would consider, as they have the best track record of actually developing QBs, which should be the top priority in selecting a coach now that we have Trevor Lawrence.  In fact, it SHOULD have been the main criteria before UM was hired.

Personally, I liked Byron Leftwich and preferred him to David Garrard as our QB. I loathe Garrard. Leftwich has been doing a good job in Tampa Bay. He would be on my list of candidates. Both Pederson and Moore would be better than what we have now. 

I want no part of Harbaugh and if we signed Jeff Fisher, I would jump off the highest building I could find. Just to have this man on the list is an insult to everyone's intelligence!

OCs who are overly successful with stacked offensive talent scare me as potential hires. This is why I wasn't big on Bienemy. My mom could coordinate that offense.

Jeff Fisher?  Laughing

So sad. Some People here slobbering about hiring a new coach when their isn't any job opening for probably the next 3 years.

Actually, I'd bet the majority of this board, and most of the city and fanbase, would embrace him.  I didn't hate him, I just didn't think he was a good QB.  Which was pretty much the same opinion I had of the man that will not be mentioned that is also a polarizing Jags figure.  Now that he won't be QB, what the heck, bring him in.

Also, if the man who will not be mentioned had some offensive coordinator time on a Super Bowl winning team, I might not even mind HIM as head coach.

I would never go for Fisher, though.  He really wasn't even that good.  JDR might have even have a better record by now (too lazy to look it up).  And no, don't want JDR back either.

(12-09-2021, 08:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 08:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Kellen Moore has seriously impressed me this year with what hes done with the Dallas O but the one criticism i have is he seems to call pass plays when he doesn't need to. Hes an aggressive OC which is good but when you just want to run the ball and eat clock he throws in a pass when he doesnt need to. Hes going to be great in the future as a HC but he may be a bit young but then look at someone like McVay and he hit the ground running with the Rams

Ive been so broken by our HC's that McDaniels doesn't sound too bad right now. I think the GM hire is the biggest one we need to hit on and i look at someone like Lynch with the Niners and the job hes done building that roster and i just hope we can find a true NFL brain for that job.

McDaniels is a traitor. Don't need a guy like that around. He already failed once as a HC and is scared to death to take a leap of faith and living on the false promise he will eventually take over for Bill, but Bill isn't going anywhere for a very long time. McDaniels is an idiot.

Oh i get you. Like i say im broken and he ticks some boxes on paper but i dont know how it would actually work out. I agree hes the chosen replacement for Belichick and has any of the Belichick staff gone on to be successful? 

Theres not many unemployed coaches that youd jump for and dont think too many good HC's become available Black Monday. Id kill for a Shanahan or a Tomlin.

(12-09-2021, 06:33 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: If I had to guess, the next coach target would probably be Josh McDaniels.

McDaniels or Peterson for me. Leftwich if he didn’t have the history here. Jax is a bad memory for him I’m sure.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 10:48 PM by Jag88. Edited 5 times in total.)

Just relax. Grass is not always greener

Come on home Byron we promise to be nice this time! Unless you don’t win then well you know what we do…..
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-09-2021, 10:39 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Just relax. Grass is not always greener

Exactly, we had a much nicer lawn when Marrone was the groundskeeper. This Meyer guy has the brown thumb. Of course that's mostly because he vacations in Nebraska, but whatevs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 09:21 AM by Mikey.)

(12-09-2021, 05:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just about every Jaguars fan at this point wants Urban Meyer gone, and can come up with a litany of reasons why.

However, fans have been so preoccupied with all of UMs faults, there hasn't been too much discussion-comparatively speaking-about who fans want to replace him.

One writer has, however, and his list makes me wonder if there should be mandatory drug testing for internet posters.

See for yourself.

https://blackandteal.com/2021/12/09/jack...3-4MRVdH0w

#1 is a fireable offense
#2 is a pipe dream, I wouldn't wish our fanbase on him a second time
#3 is fine, whatever
#4 ain't gonna happen.
#5 eh? I dunno if he's HC material yet. One of the biggest problems for a young coaching prospect is having the contacts and clout to bring in a full staff in whom you trust and work well with.

I didn't realize they were clickbaitey format, either. I hate that "this article spreads 20 paragraphs across 6 pages so we get more adviews" model.

(12-09-2021, 05:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 05:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just about every Jaguars fan at this point wants Urban Meyer gone, and can come up with a litany of reasons why.

However, fans have been so preoccupied with all of UMs faults, there hasn't been too much discussion-comparatively speaking-about who fans want to replace him.

One writer has, however, and his list makes me wonder if there should be mandatory drug testing for internet posters.

See for yourself.

https://blackandteal.com/2021/12/09/jack...3-4MRVdH0w

Only one I have a huge issue with is Fischer.

if the author was smart, that would be #5, so that you have to click through all the pages of tripe before reaching the one that causes you to impulsively close tab.

(12-09-2021, 06:33 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: If I had to guess, the next coach target would probably be Josh McDaniels.

I've heard his name tied to the Burrs, so he has his choice of dysfunction if we jump in the pool.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 09:34 AM by Mikey.)

(12-09-2021, 08:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 07:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Ask them if they want Meyer and Bevell...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The article was about potential replacements for Meyer here in Jacksonville, not whether or not the Bills want Meyer as their coach, unless of course you interpreted the article as some sort of a coach for coach trade

I will admit to only scanning through the article's content, but I don't recall the article raising the issue of Daboll or the Bills board. That was you, wasn't it?

It's a fair response. For all the bellyaching Bills fans are doing about their OC, do you think they would be more, less, or equally vocal about the braintrust we have in place? Daboll has shown a whole heckuva lot more in QB development up in Buffalo than any of our offensive staff have this year. They have a vacuum at RB partly due to injury and partly due to the way the draft fell. We can't fall back on that excuse.

I don't know whether he'd do well as a HC, OC, or a paperweight. But I do know that the bar to surpass set by our coaches is not one that requires much more than a pulse.

(12-09-2021, 09:18 PM)Jag88 Wrote: So sad. Some People here slobbering about hiring a new coach when their isn't any job opening for probably the next 3 years.

thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

Our coach is trying to use Brawndo to get the turf to sprout. His coordinators told him it's got electrolytes, and that's what plants crave. He didn't question it, he's not a micromanager.

Bienimey or McDaniels would be cool
No Fun

(12-10-2021, 12:45 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Bienimey or McDaniels would be cool

Either of those would mesh well with Lawrence.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 03:24 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2021, 08:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 05:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: You would be in a small minority.  People hated BL when he was here before. 

Now that he finally beat Ohio State an won a Big 10 title, Harbaugh isn't going anywhere.  Besides, as log as Baalke is here, Harbaugh likely won't come near here.  Baalke is why Harbaugh left Sn Francisco in the first place.

Doug Pederson and Kellen Moore are the only two of that list I would consider, as they have the best track record of actually developing QBs, which should be the top priority in selecting a coach now that we have Trevor Lawrence.  In fact, it SHOULD have been the main criteria before UM was hired.

Personally, I liked Byron Leftwich and preferred him to David Garrard as our QB. I loathe Garrard. Leftwich has been doing a good job in Tampa Bay. He would be on my list of candidates. Both Pederson and Moore would be better than what we have now. 

I want no part of Harbaugh and if we signed Jeff Fisher, I would jump off the highest building I could find. Just to have this man on the list is an insult to everyone's intelligence!

Same here.

Garrad had only 1 season where he was truly better than Leftwich imo.
I hated seeing his stupid smile after a loss or an int.

I like Leftwich but I think he still needs time.
I don't trust McDaniels as a HC.
Fischer is a joke.
Pederson meh.

I still want Bieniemy or Daboll.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-10-2021, 09:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Our coach is trying to use Brawndo to get the turf to sprout. His coordinators told him it's got electrolytes, and that's what plants crave. He didn't question it, he's not a micromanager.

+100 for the Idiocracy reference
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption