Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roster Move

Claim him just to cut him. Oh ok.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah what was the point of the Huff waiver claim?

He's probably headed to the practice squad.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 04:39 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:Is Jonas Grey healthy?

Since he was waived from IR with a settlement, Gray can't sign with us again this year.

Quote:Yeah what was the point of the Huff waiver claim?

To move us to the bottom of the waiver list.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Claim him just to cut him. Oh ok.

You must be new. This happens every week during the regular season. Quit your whining. Harambe doesn't appreciate whining.
No commercial messages in sigs

Gotta be adding another RB, or should be making room for Greg Hardy. Why is Ronnie Hillman not signed with anyone? He could take the place of both Shoelaces and Grant.

Quote:Gotta be adding another RB, or should be making room for Greg Hardy. Why is Ronnie Hillman not signed with anyone? He could take the place of both Shoelaces and Grant.

While so suspension Huff did not take an active spot on the 53.

Quote:Since he was waived from IR with a settlement, Gray can't sign with us again this year.

That used to be the rule but it apparently changed relatively recently.   The description of LB Josh Bynes being in what I believe is a similar situation is as follows:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/li.../90187742/

NFL teams are required to pay players an injury settlement when they're released after failing a physical, and players must wait at least three weeks beyond the length of the settlement before re-signing with their former team. The length of Bynes' settlement wasn't immediately clear.

Quote:Methinks Thompson and Benn made Huff's perceived ST value pale a bit on Sunday.

Brad Nortman deserves a ton of credit for his punts, but Thompson and Benn were excellent as gunners. Blew past blockers. #Jaguars 

From Mike Kaye

Quote:How do you know?

Because they said his status for the Chargers game is "in question." They would not say that if the plan was to put him on the NFI list.

Jets waived TE Braedon Bowman.

An UDFA, Bowman made noise during shorts and t-shirts season in Jacksonville, but couldn't cut it in the preseason. The 22-year-old prospect will hunt for practice squad work.

Maybe we can bring Bowman back to the PS now?

Braedon Bowman was just released by the Jets as well.

Quote:Jets waived TE Braedon Bowman.

<div>An UDFA, Bowman made noise during shorts and t-shirts season in Jacksonville, but couldn't cut it in the preseason. The 22-year-old prospect will hunt for practice squad work.

Maybe we can bring Bowman back to the PS now?
</div>

There is a reason we did not add him to the PS already.

I'd love to see Bowman on the PS. I still feel that one day he'll be a darn good starting TE in this league.

'02

Quote:There is a reason we did not add him to the PS already.
Because the Jets claimed him on waivers and had to keep him on the active roster. You can only sign a player to the PS if they pass through waivers.

The Jets cut him because Sheldon Richardson is coming back.

Quote:There is a reason we did not add him to the PS already.

Because we couldn't?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Because we couldn't?
She's been a member of this board from before I even knew what a linebacker was yet doesn't understand half the rules. It's so bizarre...

I wouldn't mind seeing Bowman on PS....

I wonder if Bronson Hill gets moved to the 53 from the PS if Ivory is a no-go. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 06:44 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I wonder if Bronson Hill gets moved to the 53 from the PS if Ivory is a no-go.

I don't know much about him. I think I would rather us go and bring Baynard back if anything.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."