Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your GM Candidates

(12-16-2021, 12:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Failing to get a new offensive lineman last year is unforgivable. Trent's got to go.

They tried a Little.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2021, 12:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Failing to get a new offensive lineman last year is unforgivable. Trent's got to go.

They literally got one with the 45th overall pick last year. What are you talking about?

He got Walker Little, but Warhop only plays his favorites. Warhop's got to go too.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-16-2021, 02:55 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

He got Walker Little, but Warhop only plays his favorites. Warhop's got to go too.

Bevell, Warhop, WRs coach, RB coach etc etc.

I'd like to keep Cullen but if the new HC wants someone else so be it.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 04:01 PM by mikesez.)

(12-16-2021, 01:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

They literally got one with the 45th overall pick last year. What are you talking about?

After blowing off free agency and spending two higher picks on lower priorities. They got one who isn't better than the scrubs we already have, apparently. Doesn't count in my book. Get the big guys early.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Colts Assistant GM Ed Dobbs and former Texans GM Rick Smith are well worth interviewing. Dobbs came to Indianapolis from the highly successful Seattle Seahawks organization. Smith built a strong roster in Houston.

Same guys as last year

Dodds
Hortiz
Borgonzi
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 05:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-16-2021, 04:40 PM)D6 Wrote: Colts Assistant GM Ed Dobbs and former Texans GM Rick Smith are well worth interviewing. Dobbs came to Indianapolis from the highly successful Seattle Seahawks organization.  Smith built a strong roster in Houston.

I really like Dodds a lot. He would be very high on my list.

I'd consider looking at guys that are heads of college scouting in NFL front offices who have a track record of drafting great WRs, TEs and OL.

Give the best one his first shot at GM after interviewing a number of them.

Whoever is here in 2022 has to build something around Trevor.

(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:40 PM)D6 Wrote: Colts Assistant GM Ed Dobbs and former Texans GM Rick Smith are well worth interviewing. Dobbs came to Indianapolis from the highly successful Seattle Seahawks organization.  Smith built a strong roster in Houston.

I really like Dodds a lot. He would be very high on my list.

One reason why Ed Dodds is a highly intriguing NFL GM option is Bobby Wagner and Darius Leonard, two of the best MLBs in the NFL in the last 10 years,  were both 2nd Round picks when Dodds was part of the draft process.

(12-16-2021, 07:25 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really like Dodds a lot. He would be very high on my list.

One reason why Ed Dodds is a highly intriguing NFL GM option is Bobby Wagner and Darius Leonard, two of the best MLBs in the NFL in the last 10 years,  were both 2nd Round picks when Dodds was part of the draft process.

Love those guys. I was especially high on Leonard. His only knock was that he played at a tiny school (South Carolina State.)

The reality that most Jaguar fans fail to understand is that the GM pool is greatly limited with the restriction that candidates must be cool with Tony's input.

I feel like this is one of the main reasons we have failed from a GM perspective in Khans tenure as owner.

(12-16-2021, 07:25 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really like Dodds a lot. He would be very high on my list.

It doesn't state the reasons he withdrew, but he seems selective. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-m-search/

(12-16-2021, 07:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thoughts?

Well, now that this circus is leaving town a good question. First it is not a time to think out of the box or take a flier on anyone that has not been a HC.  We do not need to have someone that is adjusting to being in this position or the rookie mistakes he will make.  The candidate should have had some modicum of success in this job. They need to be able to motivate men without being a butthole or have them constantly genuflect. That eliminates more than a few.  Lastly once we have these candidates, the hard part. How big a part of their success was because of them being HC. It is very hard in organizations to figure out who is the train engine and who is the caboose. We do not need another circus here, we need calm and steady progress. Yea,Yea,Yea I would like the franchise to take off like a rocket ship but we saw that in 2017. It crashed just as fast.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-17-2021, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The reality that most Jaguar fans fail to understand is that the GM pool is greatly limited with the restriction that candidates must be cool with Tony's input.

I feel like this is one of the main reasons we have failed from a GM perspective in Khans tenure as owner.

Making up [BLEEP] must be fun. 

Every owner has input. They own the [BLEEP] team. 
The amount of input varies from franchise to franchise and decision to decision, but just blindly assuming that Tony freaking Khan is making it tough to land a GM in Jax is right on par with your other moronic posts. 

Personally, I'm thankful to Tony for beating the drum for James Robinson.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 08:58 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-17-2021, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The reality that most Jaguar fans fail to understand is that the GM pool is greatly limited with the restriction that candidates must be cool with Tony's input.

Making up [BLEEP] must be fun. 

The amount of input varies from franchise to franchise and decision to decision, but just blindly assuming that Tony freaking Khan is making it tough to land a GM in Jax is right on par with your other moronic posts. 

I wasn't aware Tony Khan owned the team. He is too busy feuding with Fox News on social media right now over AEW ratings.

You know I'm right.  It shows in your little triggered post. I wish I was wrong about Tony.

(12-17-2021, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Making up [BLEEP] must be fun. 

I wasn't aware Tony Khan owned the team. He is too busy feuding with Fox News on social media right now over AEW ratings.

You know I'm right.  It shows in your little triggered post. I wish I was wrong about Tony.

You really are this stupid, LOL

He is a well publicized co-owner of the team and the "chief football strategy officer" for the jaguars. 

It's not about whether you're right or wrong about Tony. 
It's about the fact you clearly have zero clue what you're talking about - but you spew a bunch of ignorant, assumptive bull [BLEEP] anyway.
Enjoy the blissful ignorance.

Or feel free to clue us all in to exactly which GM candidates the Jags have missed out on because they didn't want to deal with Tony's input.
I'm curious.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 09:13 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-17-2021, 09:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I wasn't aware Tony Khan owned the team. He is too busy feuding with Fox News on social media right now over AEW ratings.

You really are thus stupid, LOL

He is a well publicized co-owner of the team and the "chief football strategy officer" for the jaguars. 

It's about the fact you clearly have zero clue what you're talking about - but you spew a bunch of ignorant, assumptive bull [BLEEP] anyway.

He has zero qualifications to be a part of anything football related which is a major part of the problem the past 10 years of ownership under Khan.

Speaking of, your number one priority is to re-sign the most replaceable position in an offense when we have one on a rookie contract. You may be as clueless as Tony. In fact, Tony, is that you?

No serious candidate has come here because Shad treats this team like its a Christmas gift to Tony.

We can bicker all night, but the evidence and history is in my corner.

(12-17-2021, 09:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 09:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You really are thus stupid, LOL

He has zero qualifications to be a part of anything football related which is a major part of the problem the past 10 years of ownership under Khan.

Speaking of, your number one priority is to re-sign the most replaceable position in an offense when we have one on a rookie contract. You may be as clueless as Tony. In fact, Tony, is that you?

Holy hell...  what moronic crap are you on about now?  
Please tell us my list of priorities for the Jaguars? Since you apparently think you know which I rank first. 
How the [BLEEP] do you think you know that?

i am not convinced that Shad will even can Baalke... we all know he 'SHOULD' but...