Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson

Jags have 3 games left and James Robinson needs 243 yards for his 2nd 1000 yard season. Think he gets it?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 11:33 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-21-2021, 09:40 PM)NCJag Wrote: Jags have 3 games left and James Robinson needs 243 yards for his 2nd 1000 yard season. Think he gets it?

He's not going to avg 81 yds in the last 3 games.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I think he does, he's going for 175 this weekend.

(12-21-2021, 09:40 PM)NCJag Wrote: Jags have 3 games left and James Robinson needs 243 yards for his 2nd 1000 yard season. Think he gets it?
When you consider the way the season has gone, the fact that he's even knocking on the door is pretty darned impressive......

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

(12-22-2021, 12:38 AM)raptor6581 Wrote:
When you consider the way the season has gone, the fact that he's even knocking on the door is pretty darned impressive......

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Agreed. 

DJ Chark is the player that I would be offering a contact extension right now.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(12-21-2021, 09:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 07:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s going to the highest bidder.

You think the Jags are trading him?

Why? 

They own his rights for two more years and he's the only functional aspect of their offense currently.

Not just that, I can't imagine they'd get anything close to his actual value since he doesn't have breakaway speed. He's the kind of running back that has great value as a young low cost grinder to the team that got him for nothing but salary, but no one's going to give up a first or second day pick for him.

(12-16-2021, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Might be the happiest  guy in the building.   Time to work on that extension

Given his track record with RBs, I'm hesitant to say we should expect to see much different out of Bevell for the remainder of this season. We can hope, though!

What's his track record? Running Marshawn Lynch 90% of the game?

This was a very depressing list that was passed around a lot when Akers tore his achilles earlier. Jrob has an extremely uphill battle to return to his old self, and he is already a player who has zero burst to give up. Hopefully Akers can give the list one success story, we'll see soon on that.

https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/14...8815014919

Real bummer man.

ETN bout to get a full workload next year.

We just can't have anything nice.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 03:50 PM by Caldrac.)

Looks like he's done for the year. Would be looking at Haskins from Michigan and Zamir White from Georgia in the draft.

Your top two backs are coming back from injuries that often times alter the trajectory of their abilities on a decline.

Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-26-2021, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Looks like he's done for the year.

The Google machine tells me 6 months for a ruptured Achilles to heal and up to a year to be back to full activity. If he does come back, it may not be until the middle of next season.

(12-26-2021, 03:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Looks like he's done for the year.

The Google machine tells me 6 months for a ruptured Achilles to heal and up to a year to be back to full activity. If he does come back, it may not be until the middle of next season.
Yep. Gross. Looking at Hasan Haskins and Zamir White in the draft. May need to spend a 4th or 5th to get a decent RB.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

BecauseJaguars

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

JRob was never that fast to begin with, so factor in about 9 months to recover before he can play and then factor in the lost of speed/power and you're pretty much looking at a wash for 2022. Maybe he returns in 2023 at full strength.

Yikes.

(12-26-2021, 05:20 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: JRob was never that fast to begin with, so factor in about 9 months to recover before he can play and then factor in the lost of speed/power and you're pretty much looking at a wash for 2022.  Maybe he returns in 2023 at full strength. 

Yikes.

Different injury and different circumstances but Tavian Banks comes to mind. Hopefully it's not a career ender for the guy.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 05:33 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2021, 03:36 PM)Upper Wrote: This was a very depressing list that was passed around a lot when Akers tore his achilles earlier. Jrob has an extremely uphill battle to return to his old self, and he is already a player who has zero burst to give up. Hopefully Akers can give the list one success story, we'll see soon on that.

https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/14...8815014919

At least the Etienne pick looks a bit better now?

Feel so bad for Robinson, the guy deserved a decent contract after this one expires.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Bevell just confirmed it's a torn Achilles for JRob.

This will be a real test for that sports performance department. I hope they really are the best.

(12-26-2021, 05:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Bevell just confirmed it's a torn Achilles for JRob.

Damn...damn...triple damn!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!