Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:24 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Terrible break for him. Good guy and very good back. I hope his rehab goes well and he's able to return in some capacity. That being said, ALL injuries take thier toll and reduce effectiveness. And that goes for ETN as well; we dont know what we have, and based on the injury, we'll never 100% know what his true potential was. LisFranc injuries are no joke. The position needs addressing in the offseason.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-27-2021, 11:00 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 07:06 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Why yes! Play him earlier in the season when there’s a shot at the playoffs. After that, it’s a wasted season for veterans. He doesn’t need more game tape or practice. Sit him, Josh Allen, Shaq, and a handful of other established vets.

I missed it - we had a shot at the playoffs at some point this year...?

After week one, we were only one game out of the division lead.

(12-27-2021, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 04:40 AM)D6 Wrote: One thing that's encouraging under the circumstances of the Achilles injury to James Robinson and other players coming off this type of injury is how well Brooklyn Nets F Kevin Durant has recovered from the torn Achilles injury he suffered in the NBA Finals in 2019 (when with the Golden State Warriors). James Robinson's work ethic and confidence that he can overcome obstacles certainly works in his favor.

The procedure used to repair these injuries has improved greatly over the years

Related to this encouraging development, a question comes to mind that will likely be discussed in the days, weeks, and months ahead:

Is it in a player's best interest to follow the path of Kevin Durant to not play in games the season after the Achilles Injury occurred?  This, in order to increase the chances of a full recovery, without a setback that could derail the recovery?  Durant didn't return to game action until around 18 months after the Achilles injury occurred.

(12-27-2021, 01:15 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 11:00 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: I missed it - we had a shot at the playoffs at some point this year...?

After week one, we were only one game out of the division lead.

My point is why are we playing him so much in a dead season, particularity in the last few games. He can get hurt, and predictably he did. It seems very boneheaded and avoidable. What’s happening now is equivalent to the preseason for next season. Let the young guys play.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-27-2021, 04:40 AM)D6 Wrote: One thing that's encouraging under the circumstances of the Achilles injury to James Robinson and other players coming off this type of injury is how well Brooklyn Nets F Kevin Durant has recovered from the torn Achilles injury he suffered in the NBA Finals in 2019 (when with the Golden State Warriors). James Robinson's work ethic and confidence that he can overcome obstacles certainly works in his favor.

You don't even need to go to a different sport, there have been plenty of successful football achilles returns...just not at running back. Maybe it's because the examples of RB injuries was already pretty borderline NFL quality/over the hill players or maybe it's because the stress running backs put on their feet is more extreme than other positions. Cam Akers is going to be a really important test case cause he going to be the best example of young and good player.

My worry, as stated before, is that Robinson is someone who already barely got by with the burst he had. If he loses even one step I worry that won't be enough.

(12-27-2021, 03:00 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 01:15 PM)Mikey Wrote: After week one, we were only one game out of the division lead.

My point is why are we playing him so much in a dead season, particularity in the last few games. He can get hurt, and predictably he did. It seems very boneheaded and avoidable. What’s happening now is equivalent to the preseason for next season. Let the young guys play.

You know he's the youngest RB on the roster, right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-27-2021, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote:

You don't even need to go to a different sport, there have been plenty of successful football achilles returns...just not at running back. Maybe it's because the examples of RB injuries was already pretty borderline NFL quality/over the hill players or maybe it's because the stress running backs put on their feet is more extreme than other positions. Cam Akers is going to be a really important test case cause he going to be the best example of young and good player.

My worry, as stated before, is that Robinson is someone who already barely got by with the burst he had. If he loses even one step I worry that won't be enough.

In regards to Cam and his recovery.. Would be incredible if he does indeed play this soon.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...3311208448

(12-27-2021, 02:52 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The procedure used to repair these injuries has improved greatly over the years

Related to this encouraging development, a question comes to mind that will likely be discussed in the days, weeks, and months ahead:

Is it in a player's best interest to follow the path of Kevin Durant to not play in games the season after the Achilles Injury occurred?  This, in order to increase the chances of a full recovery, without a setback that could derail the recovery?  Durant didn't return to game action until around 18 months after the Achilles injury occurred.

I was thinking along this line, too. Being so late in the season, it might be best to consider next year a recuperative absence. Had the injury happened early on, we might bring him along for some late-season snaps just to shake off some rust and give him something to build on in the offseason.

I'd rather he take time to heal up and get right before rushing back and risking reinjury. Armstead might be a good voice to listen to in this respect. Patience may pay off.

We should have Etienne available next year, and I expect we'll bring in at least one other guy to carry the load. Hyde will probably be bussing tables at the chophouse.

(12-27-2021, 03:00 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 01:15 PM)Mikey Wrote: After week one, we were only one game out of the division lead.

That's not how pro sports work. These guys are always playing for their next contract. The coaches are working for their next job. After spending an entire season berating the prior coach for failing to use our top runner wisely, he finally had a chance to do what he was hired to do. He got hurt, it happens. Two weeks ago, Trevor went on record challenging his coaches' decision not to have JRob on the field, and we praised him for it. Now we want to lament that we all got what we asked for, and it went badly?

You could say the same thing about Etienne - why play him in the preseason if there is risk of injury? TLaw's out there, as is Campbell, Allen, and all the other young guys we plan to build around.

(12-27-2021, 10:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 04:52 PM)Upper Wrote: You don't even need to go to a different sport, there have been plenty of successful football achilles returns...just not at running back. Maybe it's because the examples of RB injuries was already pretty borderline NFL quality/over the hill players or maybe it's because the stress running backs put on their feet is more extreme than other positions. Cam Akers is going to be a really important test case cause he going to be the best example of young and good player.

In regards to Cam and his recovery.. Would be incredible if he does indeed play this soon.

What is the extent of injury though? How severe is Robinson's compared to Akers? Is it a partial tear or a complete rupture? Hopefully we hear something soon.

(12-28-2021, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: In regards to Cam and his recovery.. Would be incredible if he does indeed play this soon.

What is the extent of injury though? How severe is Robinson's compared to Akers? Is it a partial tear or a complete rupture? Hopefully we hear something soon.

Some potentially good news under the circumstance of James Robinson's injury. 

While looking for information about Cam Akers injury (being that he's back on the LA Rams active roster so soon), I came across the following article. 

According to the ABC/ESPN article, James Robinson suffered a partial Achilles tear.

Jacksonville Jaguars RB James Robinson has partial tear to Achilles tendon, source says - ABC News (go.com)

(12-28-2021, 07:27 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What is the extent of injury though? How severe is Robinson's compared to Akers? Is it a partial tear or a complete rupture? Hopefully we hear something soon.

Some potentially good news under the circumstance of James Robinson's injury. 

While looking for information about Cam Akers injury (being that he's back on the LA Rams active roster so soon), I came across the following article. 

According to the ABC/ESPN article, James Robinson suffered a partial Achilles tear.

Jacksonville Jaguars RB James Robinson has partial tear to Achilles tendon, source says - ABC News (go.com)

Potential good news, indeed. Not just for the team's sake, but for his. If he can make a complete and relatively quick recovery, he stands to earn some life-changing money.

(12-28-2021, 08:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 07:27 PM)D6 Wrote: Some potentially good news under the circumstance of James Robinson's injury. 

Potential good news, indeed. Not just for the team's sake, but for his. If he can make a complete and relatively quick recovery, he stands to earn some life-changing money.

Totally. He's been a model player for the organization, I just hope he's in position to make some money from it soon. Rookie base pay isn't bad as regular people earnings go, but he's definitely a better player than rookie base pay.

With Cam Akers early return from a torn Achilles and appearing to be as good if not better than he was before; maybe we have should more hope for J-Rob to come back healthy?

If he can heal as quickly as Akers did, he should be ready week 1

(01-19-2022, 04:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: With Cam Akers early return from a torn Achilles and appearing to be as good if not better than he was before; maybe we have should more hope for J-Rob to come back healthy?

The achilles surgeries nowadays really do make the tendon stronger than it was before. 
It's returning to full range of motion that is the battle for athletes.  Hopefully our guy has the same fortune Akers did that way.