Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's Ramsey the great saying this week?

Quote:Incessant, uncalled OPI will do that to pretty much any DB though.

Not to mention the quarterback having time to compose a symphony in the pocket.

Much of Hopkins success vs House came after the route was complete and the QB and receivers were freelancing.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm with you on that. Ramsey has the skills to contain guys like Hopkins tho.

I like House. He's a role player #2 or 3, but the way Prince is playing right now and with Colvin coming back in 3 more weeks....it's a good problem.

Glad we got Ramsey.

So will being able to run faster than the cornerback covering him. Davon House could not keep up.

Quote:I'm with you on that. Ramsey has the skills to contain guys like Hopkins tho.

I like House. He's a role player #2 or 3, but the way Prince is playing right now and with Colvin coming back in 3 more weeks....it's a good problem.

Glad we got Ramsey.

It is not a good problem. What we need is good depth players in the secondary. House will be one of those guys when Ramsey is ready to take the #1 job.

As for Colvin, I don't see him ever being a starter on this team barring injuries. He is good as a fourth-round pick but not on House's level.

Quote:So will being able to run faster than the cornerback covering him. Davon House could not keep up.

Not hard to run faster than a guy you push away

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 02:28 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:As for Colvin, I don't see him ever being a starter on this team
lol

Quote:Not hard to run faster than a guy you push away

Running faster is a talent and has nothing to do with pushing someone away.

Quote:Running faster is a talent and has nothing to do with pushing someone away.

Basic physics would tell you that if you apply force to an object in an opposite direction than it's moving, it will slow said object down. If you slow something down, it becomes easier to move faster than it.

Unless you're saying that being pushed backwards doesn't slow someone down. In that case we might need to re-write some textbooks.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 03:20 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:Running faster is a talent and has nothing to do with pushing someone away.
Being rude all the time is a talent and has nothing to do with cats.

Quote:My bad, Twas House upon that coverage.

So I'm guessing Ramsey don't travel like Sanders and Revis in his prime did.

I don't wanna loom past SD but when we play Houston, I want Ramsey in his hip pocket all game.

Hopkins took House's lunch money last year.
Hopkins takes damn near every corners lunch money...not sure what your expecting. He is a top 3 WR in the game.

Quote:Hopkins takes damn near every corners lunch money...not sure what your expecting. He is a top 3 WR in the game.
AB, Julio, OBJ

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 04:08 PM by Kane.)

[Image: Samuel-L-Jackson-Jurassic-Park.gif]

Quote:Basic physics would tell you that if you apply force to an object in an opposite direction than it's moving, it will slow said object down. If you slow something down, it becomes easier to move faster than it.

Unless you're saying that being pushed backwards doesn't slow someone down. In that case we might need to re-write some textbooks.

This.

JW, if we're both running the same speed (roughly) side by side as the players would be in these instances and one of said players pushes/applies negative force (pushing off) to the other player, that other player is going to be negatively affected by virtue of the transference of kinetic energy and be impaired.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

[Image: cceaebe67d07d81268ec6c4d4af586dce539332f...67795e.jpg]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Another JW derailing

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 07:17 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Another JW derailing

I stayed on topic. Someone else changed it.

Quote:Basic physics would tell you that if you apply force to an object in an opposite direction than it's moving, it will slow said object down. If you slow something down, it becomes easier to move faster than it.

I am saying even if Hopkins did not push House, he still would have run faster. He is a faster player, period.

Quote:AB, Julio, OBJ

To each their own.

Quote:To each their own.
Which one of those do you disagree with? 

Quote:Which one of those do you disagree with?

Think hes right there with OBJ myself. AB is in a class of his own and Id take Julio, but dont think hes clearly above OBJ.