Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer was/is a great head coach, you guys are wrong

(12-16-2021, 05:25 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Actually, he showed he is pretty dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv3-fufrKbI
Might one to listen to this man.

Another failure in the NFL, great!

Urban is stupid, period.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe Leyer's mom?

(12-16-2021, 05:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: You can't talk good about urban around here. You will get roasted. Bring on the roast. I have a lot of feelings about this. I also was excited that the jags had a winning coach willing to come here. Usually the jags only get nice guys that havent got the job done. No top notch caliber coach. The owner tried something out the  box and pulled the plug early. Most of you are excited about that so congrats. I dont know all about the personal stuff. I'm not on other people's business enough to judge . The media and people can lie or get things twisted. .just look how they treated President Trump. You cant be a belicheck these days unless you have the support. Cant be a parcels. Jimmie Johnson. Jimmie would have cut some of these players and maybe even a coach. Either way, what's done is done. Hopefully we get a great offensive coach. Or maybe a figure head who can hire good coaches. What ever gets the job done. I love the jags unless they ever move to another city. It would be hard for me to still route for them. I dont even want to imagine it. Go jags and hopefully people can give their opinions around here with out being attacked. We are all jag fans. There is more than one way to skin the cat.

Urban sucks and deserved exactly what he got. Get over it and move on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-16-2021, 05:25 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Actually, he showed he is pretty dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv3-fufrKbI
Might one to listen to this man.

Saban at least had the good grace to realize the NFL was too much for him and quit after one 6-10 season. Which makes him a far better coach in the NFL than Urban Liar.

(12-16-2021, 05:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:23 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: Maybe used to be on his staff. That's all I will add. He is a brilliant head coach.

Sounds like you're still on his staff.

Well I was going to be your offensive coordinator , but all of a sudden things changed in the blink of an eye.

(12-16-2021, 05:29 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sounds like you're still on his staff.

Well I was going to be your offensive coordinator , but all of a sudden things changed in the blink of an eye.

Someone pretending to be Dan Mullen? Even better... Dan Mullen is also an idiot.

(12-16-2021, 05:29 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sounds like you're still on his staff.

You woke up from that silly dream you were having?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-16-2021, 05:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:23 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: Maybe used to be on his staff. That's all I will add. He is a brilliant head coach.

Not since Bowling Green bro.

All he did was recruit and con parents.

Let's be fair - he also harbored criminals. Gotta give the man full credit for his accomplishments.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: I am a big Ohio St fan, and I was openly cheering for the Jaguars from the north.
Urban Meyer's offense doesn't work without a scatback like Samuel/ Harvin.  

Without T.E , the first round scatback from Clemson, his offense was not going to work the first year.

He has the 3rd highest win % of all time.  
The greatest football coaches alive right now are Saban, Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, and Bill Bellichick. 

Firing one of the greatest minds in football history, because of horrible players, without his players drafted and the top 2 offensive guys hurt basically all year.
It is shameful and disgusting.

Urban Meyer won 3 national titles,  and had Joe Burrow transfer, and Cam Newton get kicked off the team and would have won 5 titles if they were patient. 
He is a brilliant x/o head coach and a supreme motivator. What you had were players that were happy sucking. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick Bill B had 3 losing season first 3 years in Cleveland. 

Remember, this day, you will never have a better head coach than Meyer.

This firing had nothing to do with on the field performance.  If he was 2-11 and not a total, completely incompetent [BLEEP] of a head coach then he'd still be here.

He could be the 'greatest mind' but he certainly wasn't showing it here.  Maybe you can go troll FAU when he's hired there in 2 years.

Head on back to Bucknut land.

I was going to be the next owner of the Jaguars but my cc got declined !!!

(12-16-2021, 05:14 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Ban him

You are an idiot [BLEEP].  Urban didnt't have a scatback, and his offense doesn't work without one. There were exactly 0 players that could threaten the defense vertically with DJ Chark.

Why didn't we have a scatback? Wasnt that Urban's job to bring one in? Oh no the one he brought in got hurt? Welp I guess even LEGENDARY coaches pin their ENTIRE hope on a ROOKIE....seems like a smart move.

Meyer is CLUELESS as an NFL coach.  

I will give him credit for getting some cohesion in Jacksonville.  Everybody with half a working brain saw that he didn't have a clue and couldn't stand him.  I have never seen someone so universally hated.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-16-2021, 05:33 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:14 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: You are an idiot [BLEEP].  Urban didnt't have a scatback, and his offense doesn't work without one. There were exactly 0 players that could threaten the defense vertically with DJ Chark.

Why didn't we have a scatback? Wasnt that Urban's job to bring one in? Oh no the one he brought in got hurt? Welp I guess even LEGENDARY coaches pin their ENTIRE hope on a ROOKIE....seems like a smart move.

It takes a while to change the culture, with all the malcontents in this Jaguar locker room.

(12-16-2021, 05:35 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:33 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: Why didn't we have a scatback? Wasnt that Urban's job to bring one in? Oh no the one he brought in got hurt? Welp I guess even LEGENDARY coaches pin their ENTIRE hope on a ROOKIE....seems like a smart move.

It takes a while to change the culture, with all the malcontents in this Jaguar locker room.

Oh Meyer changed the culture all right. He's a walking petri dish of Clostridium perfringens to a football team.

(12-16-2021, 05:35 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:33 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: Why didn't we have a scatback? Wasnt that Urban's job to bring one in? Oh no the one he brought in got hurt? Welp I guess even LEGENDARY coaches pin their ENTIRE hope on a ROOKIE....seems like a smart move.

He changed it plenty.  We went from a team with a losing culture to a team with a losing culture that universally despised their leader, who had become a complete embarrassment to this team and this city.

(12-16-2021, 05:34 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Meyer is CLUELESS as an NFL coach.  

I will give him credit for getting some cohesion in Jacksonville.  Everybody with half a working brain saw that he didn't have a clue and couldn't stand him.  I have never seen someone so universally hated.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state...l/Commits/
It is kind of hard to be clueless as a coach when you recruit in your last recruit class 2 of the top 3 wideouts in the country, who both changed the teams of Alabama and Ohio St this season. 
Talent evaluation goes a long way to success.  You didn't want to give my friend more than 1 draft class.  If you are so good at evaluating talent, why don't you scout players?

How is Florida doing post Meyer, is the talent production the same? Bingo, it was Meyer and talent evaluation, not the program being so great that it can be great with anyone else.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state...l/Commits/ 2012 Ohio St recruit class Michael Thomas was a 3 star, and turned out to be the greatest wideout in the nfl and had 1700 yards in 2019 in 1 season.

(12-16-2021, 05:39 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:

It is kind of hard to be clueless as a coach when you recruit in your last recruit class 2 of the top 3 wideouts in the country, who both changed the teams of Alabama and Ohio St this season. 
Talent evaluation goes a long way to success.  You didn't want to give my friend more than 1 draft class.  If you are so good at evaluating talent, why don't you scout players?

How is Florida doing post Meyer, is the talent production the same? Bingo, it was Meyer and talent evaluation, not the program being so great that it can be great with anyone else.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state...l/Commits/ 2012 Ohio St recruit class Michael Thomas was a 3 star, and turned out to be the greatest wideout in the nfl and had 1700 yards in 2019 in 1 season.

Mullen is crapping on himself?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 05:41 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Recruiter and not a coach. Yep, exactly.

The man sucks and I hope Khan can find a way to sue him for the [BLEEP] show he put on.

Since when do you recruit in the NFL?

You're either a troll or really, really...um...not intelligent.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I would say we get it Mrs. Meyer, but even she hates him.