Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Refs for Sunday game.

Call me crazy but I like it.  The players have a chip on their shoulder after this past Sunday.  Seeing these same (insert a multitude of bleeps here) officials and knowing how they called the last game should be all the motivation they need.  They have heard enough of how Rivers carves up our defense.  They have heard enough of how this franchise has struggled on the west coast.  If they can control the rage (Gus!) we win big on Sunday.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wez gon luze :whistling:

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Well maybe the league sees it as Cheffers owes us a few calls and he needs to get back out there stat and repay us.  One can only hope, right?

Quote:Call me crazy but I like it.  The players have a chip on their shoulder after this past Sunday.  Seeing these same (insert a multitude of bleeps here) officials and knowing how they called the last game should be all the motivation they need.  They have heard enough of how Rivers carves up our defense.  They have heard enough of how this franchise has struggled on the west coast.  If they can control the rage (Gus!) we win big on Sunday.

As noted earlier, only one official is the same.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 07:02 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Well maybe the league sees it as Cheffers owes us a few calls and he needs to get back out there stat and repay us.  One can only hope, right?

Cheffers and his crew were always scheduled to work at San Diego in Week 2.

Quote:As noted earlier, only one official is the same.
And that changes what about my reply?

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:And that changes what about my reply?

"Knowing how they called the last game" means all eight officials, not just the referee, are the same as last Sunday.

Quote:"Knowing how they called the last game" means all eight officials, not just the referee, are the same as last Sunday.
Blah blah blah.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Does anybody have a favorite officiating crew?

The one that gave us the win against the Ravens last year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The one that gave us the win against the Ravens last year.

LOL I know what you mean. That was one of the Walts IIRC.

Honestly last week was as bad as I can remember in terms of an entire officiated game is concerned. We have always had calls go the other way, and expect it to continue. The officials are bad enough as it is, they are horrible. Just go out and win, and maybe one day your team will be the "favorable" one. 

Quote:Honestly last week was as bad as I can remember in terms of an entire officiated game is concerned. We have always had calls go the other way, and expect it to continue. The officials are bad enough as it is, they are horrible. Just go out and win, and maybe one day your team will be the "favorable" one.

To me, it was just another game. In fact, I was pleaseantly surprised we caught a few breaks; the reverse int, granted due to a blatant hold - but we've seen calls like that go against Jags. The 3rd/4th down drive continuations, etc. The calls ultimately even out, in my view.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Blow the chargers out of the water

These refs can go eat a you-know-what

I thought there were missed calls on both sides. Generally they let them play. No issues with the ref calls from week 1. Players have to adjust to what's being called.

AP06 - Did you miss seeing the first pass to AR15?

Have you seen my baseball?