Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 15 - tinhorns @ Jags***

(12-19-2021, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm hanging my hopes on two things:

1) The dead cat bounce that usually comes from a team when a head coach is fired.
2) For the first time this year, the play-caller and the quarterback executing the plays will be on the same sideline together.  For the uninformed, Bevell was calling the plays from up in the booth.  He's going to be calling the plays from the sideline today. 

So here is my prediction: Jags 24, Texans 16.  The law of averages says eventually one of my predictions will be correct.

I was half listening to the Bevell press conference the day after Urbs was fired and I would have sworn he said that Jacksonville is the first time he's pulled OC duties in the booth rather than on the sidelines. But as I said, my attention was divided.

That's what he said and it must have been on Meyer's orders. 

My only hope for today is that Lawrence is playing well. It would be nice to see the entire team improve and over the next 4 games show that Meyer was the problem. Let's see...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let’s go JJ’s.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

My thinking is even if Urbs wasn't directly involved in game planning, he was probably monkeying around with strategy enough to suit his ego. If not during the week, than definitely on game day. He denied it from time to time which pretty much confirms it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-19-2021, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/espndirocco/status/1...02913?s=21

The Nature Boy is in the building? We can't lose, now.

I think the 3rd round rookie QB on a team that really wants to lose every game through the end of the season, may too much for the Jags today.

(12-19-2021, 11:36 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: My thinking is even if Urbs wasn't directly involved in game planning, he was probably monkeying around with strategy enough to suit his ego. If not during the week, than definitely on game day. He denied it from time to time which pretty much confirms it.

I think Bevell's comments confirm Urbz was deciding some strategy/game-planning and making in game calls at times. 
He said something about it being too late to change this week's game-plan considerably - which makes me think he would if he could. 
And obviously we know he tinkered with Robinson's touches and play time.

(12-19-2021, 11:57 AM)cland Wrote: I think the 3rd round rookie QB on a team that really wants to lose every game through the end of the season, may too much for the Jags today.

I would think probably so

Jaguars - 48

tinhorns - 27

LETS [BLEEP] GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Not that it matters long term, but i'm more interested to watch Derrel Bevel prove he's a lot better at his job then most of you gave him credit for. Meyer wanted things his way, Bevel is a good offensive mind. May not show much this week due to it being a mid week change but it will still be funny to watch.

(12-19-2021, 12:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Not that it matters long term, but i'm more interested to watch Derrel Bevel prove he's a lot better at his job then most of you gave him credit for. Meyer wanted things his way, Bevel is a good offensive mind. May not show much this week due to it being a mid week change but it will still be funny to watch.

Impossible to know how much was Bevell being Bevell and how much was Bevell being hindered by Urbz.
But I hope Bevell shows it was the latter. I'm not optimistic, but I won't expect to be able to decide from today's performance. 
Bevell gets a full week game plan next go round.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 01:54 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think mostly Bevell was a little hindered by himself and Urban, and mostly hindered by the minuscule amount of talent he had to work with. Bottom 5 position units across the board. Ok nvm the RBs aren't bottom 5, but aren't top 5 either.

All 4 nfl GameDay host picked the Jags to win.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It's Game time.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Lots of Tinhorns out due to Covid.

I don’t remember the last time I thought this, but I’ll be at least a little surprised if the Jaguars don’t win today.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 02:07 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Why do I have SUCH Positive Vibes?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Jags gonna Jag.

So the Stupid [BLEEP] penalties continue.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Way to go #96. [BLEEP] dick head. Gotsis.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."