Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Retired Generals Urge Military to 'War-Game' Against American Citizens

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 04:53 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2022, 04:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 01:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Obstructing a proceeding of Congress is a serious charge.

Is that the charge they've been convicted for? If not it legally doesn't count no matter how much you want it to.

Yes, there have been convictions under that charge. Assaulting a police officer is another felony charge that some Jan 6 folks have been convicted of.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2022, 02:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: The problem is Trump, his insurrectionists, and a huge number of Republican voters still think the election was stolen.

I think the percentage of Republicans who believe the election was actually ''stolen" is quite small and the numbers are exaggerated by the media.

If no individual is ever convicted of (or even charged with) the crime of insurrection, at what point will it be appropriate to stop calling it an insurrection?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 05:32 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2022, 04:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Is that the charge they've been convicted for? If not it legally doesn't count no matter how much you want it to.

Yes, there have been convictions under that charge.  Assaulting a police officer is another felony charge that some Jan 6 folks have been convicted of.

Re-read my post that I added some info to after doing some research. It's possible what they are charged with is not what they'll be convicted of as we go along.

(01-09-2022, 05:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes, there have been convictions under that charge.  Assaulting a police officer is another felony charge that some Jan 6 folks have been convicted of.

Re-read my post that I added some info to after doing some research. It's possible what they are charged with is not what they'll be convicted of as we go along.

They always throw a butt load of charges at you to get you scared and plead to the lesser charges. 

***Lessons I learned while watching Law & Order Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-09-2022, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Re-read my post that I added some info to after doing some research. It's possible what they are charged with is not what they'll be convicted of as we go along.

They always throw a butt load of charges at you to get you scared and plead to the lesser charges. 

LOL.

(01-09-2022, 05:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Re-read my post that I added some info to after doing some research. It's possible what they are charged with is not what they'll be convicted of as we go along.

I just assumed you had a good lawyer.

(01-09-2022, 05:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 02:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: The problem is Trump, his insurrectionists, and a huge number of Republican voters still think the election was stolen.

I think the percentage of Republicans who believe the election was actually ''stolen" is quite small and the numbers are exaggerated by the media.

If no individual is ever convicted of (or even charged with) the crime of insurrection, at what point will it be appropriate to stop calling it an insurrection?

We still call Al Capone a mobster, even though he was only convicted of tax evasion.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 08:25 PM by p_rushing.)

(01-09-2022, 04:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Is that the charge they've been convicted for? If not it legally doesn't count no matter how much you want it to.

Yes, there have been convictions under that charge. Assaulting a police officer is another felony charge that some Jan 6 folks have been convicted of.
(01-09-2022, 05:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

***Lessons I learned while watching Law & Order
Not one of them have been convicted, they all pled guilty to get out of jail. The feds don't go to court unless they are sure they can win. They cannot win because of all the video that exists that shows them being let in. There is also precedent of all the liberals breaking in, sit in or whatever, etc and them either not being charged or get misdemeanor charges with no jail time.

The conviction is semantics but as long as they aren't dealing with felony stuff, they should be able to plead guilty without a conviction record. Not that it matters too much here but would if there are civil trial issues.

These people would all have been convicted in a trial if they could actually do it. They are just denying them bail, denying speedy trials, etc until they just give in and plead guilty.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-09-2022, 08:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes, there have been convictions under that charge.  Assaulting a police officer is another felony charge that some Jan 6 folks have been convicted of.
(01-09-2022, 05:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I think the percentage of Republicans who believe the election was actually ''stolen" is quite small and the numbers are exaggerated by the media.

(01-09-2022, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They always throw a butt load of charges at you to get you scared and plead to the lesser charges. 

***Lessons I learned while watching Law & Order
Not one of them have been convicted, they all pled guilty to get out of jail. The feds don't go to court unless they are sure they can win. They cannot win because of all the video that exists that shows them being let in. There is also precedent of all the liberals breaking in, sit in or whatever, etc and them either not being charged or get misdemeanor charges with no jail time.

The conviction is semantics but as long as they aren't dealing with felony stuff, they should be able to plead guilty without a conviction record. Not that it matters too much here but would if there are civil trial issues.

These people would all have been convicted in a trial if they could actually do it. They are just denying them bail, denying speedy trials, etc until they just give in and plead guilty.

A woman here in NC has been convicted and will spend 3 months in federal prison and 3 years on probation. She starts serving time 25 February. Read my previous response to Mikesez for more info if you're interested.

What a joke of a justice system.

(01-09-2022, 06:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I think the percentage of Republicans who believe the election was actually ''stolen" is quite small and the numbers are exaggerated by the media.

We still call Al Capone a mobster, even though he was only convicted of tax evasion.

Weak response.  For as long as you continue to call it an insurrection, you should expect to hear others call it a stolen election.

(01-09-2022, 10:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 08:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Not one of them have been convicted, they all pled guilty to get out of jail. The feds don't go to court unless they are sure they can win. They cannot win because of all the video that exists that shows them being let in. There is also precedent of all the liberals breaking in, sit in or whatever, etc and them either not being charged or get misdemeanor charges with no jail time.

A woman here in NC has been convicted and will spend 3 months in federal prison and 3 years on probation. She starts serving time 25 February. Read my previous response to Mikesez for more info if you're interested.
She pled guilty to a misdemeanor, so it doesn't automatically mean a conviction.

No one has had a trial start but some of the people stuck in jail have won some hearings and suits to get evidence turned over.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(01-09-2022, 10:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: We still call Al Capone a mobster, even though he was only convicted of tax evasion.

Weak response.  For as long as you continue to call it an insurrection, you should expect to hear others call it a stolen election.

My choices don't have that much impact.  Neither do yours.  I'm glad you agree that it wasn't a stolen election, at least.

(01-10-2022, 09:39 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 10:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Weak response.  For as long as you continue to call it an insurrection, you should expect to hear others call it a stolen election.

My choices don't have that much impact.  Neither do yours.  I'm glad you agree that it wasn't a stolen election, at least.

I'm not the one in denial.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 02:41 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-10-2022, 01:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 09:39 AM)mikesez Wrote: My choices don't have that much impact.  Neither do yours.  I'm glad you agree that it wasn't a stolen election, at least.

I'm not the one in denial.

DoJ is deciding how to charge the offenders based on what will get the shortest, simplest court case with the longest possible sentence.  Congress' proceedings were stopped for about 5 hours as a result of the building being invaded.  Obstruction of Congress is self evident.  Insurrection, you have to prove that the offenders had a specific plan to permanently change the government.  It's obvious that those who entered the Capitol wanted to do much more than simply observe the proceedings, but you can't prove specifically what they wanted to do.  Some of them hunted for Pence and Pelosi, some of them just wanted to get in the House chamber.  We know that a gallows for Mike Pence was set up, but can you prove who set it up? Can you prove that they were serious? Etc.  I think you'd have to be blind to not look at the whole thing and say it was an insurrection, but I can see where you would have difficulty proving the intent of each individual.

DoJ is obviously not going to base its decisions on bolstering random internet forum arguments.

(01-11-2022, 02:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 01:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'm not the one in denial.

DoJ is deciding how to charge the offenders based on what will get the shortest, simplest court case with the longest possible sentence.  Congress' proceedings were stopped for about 5 hours as a result of the building being invaded.  Obstruction of Congress is self evident.  Insurrection, you have to prove that the offenders had a specific plan to permanently change the government.  It's obvious that those who entered the Capitol wanted to do much more than simply observe the proceedings, but you can't prove specifically what they wanted to do.  Some of them hunted for Pence and Pelosi, some of them just wanted to get in the House chamber.  We know that a gallows for Mike Pence was set up, but can you prove who set it up? Can you prove that they were serious? Etc.  I think you'd have to be blind to not look at the whole thing and say it was an insurrection, but I can see where you would have difficulty proving the intent of each individual.

DoJ is obviously not going to base its decisions on bolstering random internet for arguments.

They should have shot more of them.  There's no excuse for invading the Capitol in an attempt to overthrow an election.

(01-11-2022, 02:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 01:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'm not the one in denial.

DoJ is obviously not going to base its decisions on bolstering random internet forum arguments.

I think they were all looking for AOC so they could ask her out on a date. Which is probably a crime now in most states.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption