Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Retired Generals Urge Military to 'War-Game' Against American Citizens

(01-07-2022, 05:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:59 PM)mikesez Wrote: When you can't attack the argument, attack the tone.  Typical.

Doesn’t make you any less dramatic.

The events themselves were dramatic.  I merely report them.  Did I make any errors or omissions in my reporting? Complaining that I'm being dramatic is a dodge.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2022, 05:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Doesn’t make you any less dramatic.

The events themselves were dramatic.  I merely report them.  Did I make any errors or omissions in my reporting? Complaining that I'm being dramatic is a dodge.

Pointing out the obvious is not a complaint.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-07-2022, 06:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: The events themselves were dramatic.  I merely report them.  Did I make any errors or omissions in my reporting? Complaining that I'm being dramatic is a dodge.

Pointing out the obvious is not a complaint.

It's still a dodge, a red herring.  Changing the subject from something serious that impacts us all to something trivial that involves only me.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 06:46 PM by Sneakers. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 08:12 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 11:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Oh my!  He told them to go to the Capitol.  That's all you've got? Laughing

PS  Still waiting on the Fergusen and Minneapolis answers.

And he didn't tell them to leave until 3 hours after barricades were breached and windows were broken.  He sent them there, he knew they were there, and he wanted them there. He is responsible.

And I already answered.  Bolded above.

That's strange, I just double-checked Article 2 of the Constitution and crowd control isn't listed anywhere in the President's duties.  How long did it take for Biden to address the rioters in Minneapolis and tell them to go home?

Perhaps you didn't understand the question.  Why hasn't the Democratic party, Biden in particular, denounced the rioting that occurred in Minneapolis?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 07:11 PM by mikesez. Edited 4 times in total.)

(01-07-2022, 06:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 08:12 AM)mikesez Wrote: And he didn't tell them to leave until 3 hours after barricades were breached and windows were broken.  He sent them there, he knew they were there, and he wanted them there. He is responsible.

And I already answered.  Bolded above.

That's strange, I just double-checked Article 2 of the Constitution and crowd control isn't listed anywhere in the President's duties.  How long did it take for Biden to address the rioters in Minneapolis and tell them to go home?

Perhaps you didn't understand the question.  Why hasn't the Democratic party, Biden in particular, denounced the rioting that occurred in Minneapolis?

Article II... Let's see... "He shall take care that the laws (including the Constitution itself of course) be faithfully executed."

The law (us code title 3) says that Congress must meet in a joint session on January 6th of every fourth year. Telling others to disrupt that session, and then doing nothing while they disrupt it, is also against the clear language of Article II.

And I am missing something about the Minneapolis riots.  Was Biden already President at that time?

(01-07-2022, 07:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 06:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote: That's strange, I just double-checked Article 2 of the Constitution and crowd control isn't listed anywhere in the President's duties.  How long did it take for Biden to address the rioters in Minneapolis and tell them to go home?

Article II... Let's see... "He shall take care that the laws (including the Constitution itself of course) be faithfully executed."

The law (us code title 3) says that Congress must meet in a joint session on January 6th of every fourth year. Telling others to disrupt that session, and then doing nothing while they disrupt it, is also against the clear language of Article II.

And I am missing something about the Minneapolis riots.  Was Biden already President at that time?

LOL.  You interpret Article II to mean the president should directly oversee and participate in law enforcement at the local level?  WOW!

Please provide his quote directing anyone to specifically disrupt the Jan. 6th session.

You're missing a great deal, but that isn't exactly breaking news.  Biden was President during the rioting in 2021.  Regardless of timing, when has he ever denounced violent protest (other than Jan. 6th)?

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 10:04 AM by mikesez. Edited 7 times in total.)

(01-07-2022, 10:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 07:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: Article II... Let's see... "He shall take care that the laws (including the Constitution itself of course) be faithfully executed."

LOL.  You interpret Article II to mean the president should directly oversee and participate in law enforcement at the local level?  WOW!

Please provide his quote directing anyone to specifically disrupt the Jan. 6th session.

You're missing a great deal, but that isn't exactly breaking news.  Biden was President during the rioting in 2021.  Regardless of timing, when has he ever denounced violent protest (other than Jan. 6th)?

Washington DC, specifically the Capitol building, is under federal authority.  Article 1 Section 8. In the fullness of time, Congress and the president have delegated some of their authority over DC to locally elected officials. Which means they no longer have to directly appoint the people who respond to each incident. However this does not mean that Congress or the President should go around deliberately creating or inciting riots.
As for MN, I didn't realize MN also had riots in 2021, but that's only important to the residents of MN.  Riots in DC affect all of us. Even if I granted you the point that Biden needed to give a speech condemning these riots, that would not absolve Trump from what he did on January 6th.  All you would have done there is create a tu-quoque argument.
Trump said, "We're going to the Capitol" to the huge crowd he had assembled. He also condemned Mike Pence on Twitter.  He incited that riot.  The riot only died down when Trump finally put out a video telling people to go home. 3 hours too late.  Many of his supporters, in the news media, and in Congress, are quoted, during the event, as saying that Trump was to blame, and only Trump could send them away.  You're willfully blind if you don't see it.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 10:54 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2022, 09:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 10:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  You interpret Article II to mean the president should directly oversee and participate in law enforcement at the local level?  WOW!

Washington DC, specifically the Capitol building, is under federal authority.  Article 1 Section 8. In the fullness of time, Congress and the president have delegated some of their authority over DC to locally elected officials. Which means they no longer have to directly appoint the people who respond to each incident. However this does not mean that Congress or the President should go around deliberately creating or inciting riots.
As for MN, I didn't realize MN also had riots in 2021, but that's only important to the residents of MN.  Riots in DC affect all of us. Even if I granted you the point that Biden needed to give a speech condemning these riots, that would not absolve Trump from what he did on January 6th.  All you would have done there is create a tu-quoque argument.
Trump said, "We're going to the Capitol" to the huge crowd he had assembled. He also condemned Mike Pence on Twitter.  He incited that riot.  The riot only died down when Trump finally put out a video telling people to go home. 3 hours too late.  Many of his supporters, in the news media, and in Congress, are quoted, during the event, as saying that Trump was to blame, and only Trump could send them away.  You're willfully blind if you don't see it.

I don't know if Trump intended for those people to invade the Capitol building.  Then again, a drunk driver doesn't intend to run into another car and kill someone, but he's still responsible.   Trump is responsible because first, he lied to his supporters about the election being stolen, then he appeared before them in person at the rally in Washington, harangued them some more about the election being stolen, and directed them to march to the Capitol building.  He's responsible.

That was the shadiest election I've ever seen in my lifetime. Bar none. Trump didn't need to tell me anything. In fact, I was beating that drum before a single conservative pundit that I know. WAY too many historical and numerical inconsistencies that were obvious as the data started coming in.

(01-07-2022, 10:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  You interpret Article II to mean the president should directly oversee and participate in law enforcement at the local level?  WOW!

As for MN, I didn't realize MN also had riots in 2021, but that's only important to the residents of MN.  Riots in DC affect all of us. Even if I granted you the point that Biden needed to give a speech condemning these riots, that would not absolve Trump from what he did on January 6th.  All you would have done there is create a tu-quoque argument

How many levels of authority do you think exist between the Oval Office and a Capitol police officer?  The President does not give rudder orders.

Your indifference to violence and destruction that does not directly affect you is a sad testimony to the wave of self-absorption spreading throughout the liberal mindset.

The riot at the capitol had no significant effect on the operation of Congress, it only delayed the process for a few hours.  Activating the sprinkler system could have caused the same delay.  The Capitol building itself is not government, nor is it essential for the function thereof.  The meetings and actions of Congress are governing, irrespective of the physical location in which they occur. 

You want to find him guilty of insurrection for saying, "We're going to the Capitol"?  WOW!!!

Mike, to say riots in MN only affect those in MN is short sighted. This time in which we live these things affect us as a country. The ripple affect is real. The riots and protests in Washington state and Wisconsin last year affected the whole country, if not physically then psychologically. The leaders on the Left not condemning them made things even worse because it gave license for them to continue.

Now we have cities that defunded police in part because of the riots that are now experiencing crime waves that haven't been seen in decades. We have cities that have bail reform that turns criminals back out onto the streets with no punishment for their crimes and innocent people are being robbed, beaten and killed. The guy who drove his SUV into that Christmas parade and killed eight people is a prime example of the trickle down effect.

Yes, there are other factors involved that play into this but the riots and the people involved not being held responsible are absolutely NOT confined to the cities and states where they occured.

Not that I know what the thought process was of the core group of idiots who led the charge into the Capitol, but it could have been that they were sick and tired of seeing no one being held responsible for the civil unrest of 2020, wanted something to be done and didn't see it happening with Biden in office. Does it make what they did the right thing to do? Not at all. But I can understand the frustration.

The Speaker of the House (SOTH) is responsible for the Capitol police and the security of the Capitol, not the POTUS. In this case Pelosi has jurisdiction over the Capitol so it was her job (the job of her office) to make sure everything was squared away for 6 January. Could Trump have done a better job after StuffHTF? Yes, he could have, but the responsibility ultimately rests on SOTH to prevent, contain and control. If you are prepared for every possible crisis then it is manageable when it happens. Pelosi and everyone else knew it was going to be a tense situation and she failed to prepare.

As the saying goes, "failing to prepare is to prepare to fail."

(01-08-2022, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That was the shadiest election I've ever seen in my lifetime. Bar none. Trump didn't need to tell me anything. In fact, I was beating that drum before a single conservative pundit that I know. WAY too many historical and numerical inconsistencies that were obvious as the data started coming in.

You wanted Trump to win.  And Trump was saying well before anyone voted that the results would only be reliable if he won.  

Find one person, any person, who says that their bias was wanting Trump to lose, but there were shenanigans enough for Trump to win. I haven't heard a single soul saying that.  Have you? How can that be?

(01-08-2022, 12:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That was the shadiest election I've ever seen in my lifetime. Bar none. Trump didn't need to tell me anything. In fact, I was beating that drum before a single conservative pundit that I know. WAY too many historical and numerical inconsistencies that were obvious as the data started coming in.

You wanted Trump to win.  And Trump was saying well before anyone voted that the results would only be reliable if he won.  

Find one person, any person, who says that their bias was wanting Trump to lose, but there were shenanigans enough for Trump to win. I haven't heard a single soul saying that.  Have you? How can that be?

You're so obsessed by your hatred of Donald Trump that you're unable to see the overall picture.  Even indisputable evidence of tampering does NOT automatically equate to a "stolen election".

Did tampering occur?  I think the answer is a clear yes.
Was some tampering even possibly to the benefit of Trump?  Could be.
Was the overall tampering sufficient to change the outcome of the election?  I don't believe so.

Open and fair elections are a cornerstone to a democracy and vote tampering should be a huge concern to all.  Sadly, it is only of importance to those of us who place the process itself above our own candidate preferences.  Where do you stand?

(01-08-2022, 02:04 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 12:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: You wanted Trump to win.  And Trump was saying well before anyone voted that the results would only be reliable if he won.  

You're so obsessed by your hatred of Donald Trump that you're unable to see the overall picture.  Even indisputable evidence of tampering does NOT automatically equate to a "stolen election".

Did tampering occur?  I think the answer is a clear yes.
Was some tampering even possibly to the benefit of Trump?  Could be.
Was the overall tampering sufficient to change the outcome of the election?  I don't believe so.

Open and fair elections are a cornerstone to a democracy and vote tampering should be a huge concern to all.  Sadly, it is only of importance to those of us who place the process itself above our own candidate preferences.  Where do you stand?

I am concerned about vote tampering.  I actually agree with you that a small amount of vote tampering took place in 2020, like you I would say it's not nearly enough to change the outcome but I do care about punishing those who did it. We agree about this.

The problem is Trump, his insurrectionists, and a huge number of Republican voters still think the election was stolen.

My question, above, is trying to point out how ludicrous that is.  If there really was evidence of a stolen election, wouldn't there be at least one honest individual out there who could see the evidence and say, "I voted Biden but I see now that Trump won." Yet you have thousands of Republicans saying, "I voted Trump but the evidence says Biden won."

Let's focus on that because you don't seem to know the timeline. Trump was late to his speech and spoke longer than planned. By the time he was done speaking, the fbi/cia plants and antifa had already removed barriers and were trying to get people who didn't go to the speech to break in. There were a ton of people at the speech and only 1 way to get to the capital because the cops had blocked everything else. So that long of a walk and with all those people did not go fast. Most of the people at the speech never got there and the 1st ones arrived after it already started.

Dems did far worse to government buildings and all the politicians cheered them on or participated. They have even broken into the house multiple times and got slaps on the wrist and released.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-08-2022, 11:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 09:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: Trump said, "We're going to the Capitol" to the huge crowd he had assembled. He also condemned Mike Pence on Twitter.  He incited that riot.  The riot only died down when Trump finally put out a video telling people to go home. 3 hours too late.  Many of his supporters, in the news media, and in Congress, are quoted, during the event, as saying that Trump was to blame, and only Trump could send them away.  You're willfully blind if you don't see it.

Let's focus on that because you don't seem to know the timeline. Trump was late to his speech and spoke longer than planned. By the time he was done speaking, the fbi/cia plants and antifa had already removed barriers and were trying to get people who didn't go to the speech to break in. There were a ton of people at the speech and only 1 way to get to the capital because the cops had blocked everything else. So that long of a walk and with all those people did not go fast. Most of the people at the speech never got there and the 1st ones arrived after it already started.

Dems did far worse to government buildings and all the politicians cheered them on or participated. They have even broken into the house multiple times and got slaps on the wrist and released.

Odd.  There are, what, 700+ convictions now? Each of them had a judge and a jury, and all of them were Trump supporters, were they not?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 12:09 AM by p_rushing.)

(01-08-2022, 11:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 11:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Let's focus on that because you don't seem to know the timeline. Trump was late to his speech and spoke longer than planned. By the time he was done speaking, the fbi/cia plants and antifa had already removed barriers and were trying to get people who didn't go to the speech to break in. There were a ton of people at the speech and only 1 way to get to the capital because the cops had blocked everything else. So that long of a walk and with all those people did not go fast. Most of the people at the speech never got there and the 1st ones arrived after it already started.

Odd.  There are, what, 700+ convictions now? Each of them had a judge and a jury, and all of them were Trump supporters, were they not?
None of them had a jury. They are holding people without charges and only some of the people have pled guilty to get out of jail.

It's also quite weird the antifa and gov agents haven't been interviewed, arrested, or charged. They also have had their pictures removed from the wanted lists.

(01-08-2022, 11:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 11:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Let's focus on that because you don't seem to know the timeline. Trump was late to his speech and spoke longer than planned. By the time he was done speaking, the fbi/cia plants and antifa had already removed barriers and were trying to get people who didn't go to the speech to break in. There were a ton of people at the speech and only 1 way to get to the capital because the cops had blocked everything else. So that long of a walk and with all those people did not go fast. Most of the people at the speech never got there and the 1st ones arrived after it already started.

Have you looked at the convictions? Almost all of them are trespassing. Not one has been a serious charge. So, there's that.

(01-09-2022, 01:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 11:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: Odd.  There are, what, 700+ convictions now? Each of them had a judge and a jury, and all of them were Trump supporters, were they not?

Have you looked at the convictions? Almost all of them are trespassing. Not one has been a serious charge. So, there's that.

Obstructing a proceeding of Congress is a serious charge.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 05:05 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2022, 01:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 01:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Have you looked at the convictions? Almost all of them are trespassing. Not one has been a serious charge. So, there's that.

Obstructing a proceeding of Congress is a serious charge.

Is that the charge they've been convicted for? If not it legally doesn't count no matter how much you want it to.

ETA: I did some research. In the state of North Carolina there are 14 charged for a variety of things due to their participation on 6 Jan but not all are charged specifically with obstruction of an official proceeding. Only one has been convicted so far and not for obstructing a proceeding of Congress, though that was one of the charges that led to her arrest. 

Virginia Spencer of Pilot Mountain, NC was charged with obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting; entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly conduct in a capitol building; parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a capitol building. She was arrested in February 2021. She pleaded guilty in September to parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building, a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of 6 months imprisonment. She'll spend three months in a federal prison and three years on probation. She'll begin serving her sentence 25 February.