Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Godwin with a torn ACL

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 05:43 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

This sucks.  I was hoping to get him in FA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This should help our chances of that...

Hopefully, Chris Godwin will make a full recovery. Even on a highly talented Bucs Offense, he was a major cog who won't be easily replaceable.

and torn MCL

May not be popular, but I do wish the NFL would find someway to shore up support in the knees, and maybe a brace for all (so it is equal). ACL/MCL just seems to be too often. Ruins a lot of careers.

I would still sign him

(12-20-2021, 06:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I would still sign him

So will everyone else, we're going to have to separate ourselves somehow. I say 100% guarantee his deal. I doubt any other team will do that coming off a major injury. Quite risky, but the only way we have a shot at him. 4/70, 70M guaranteed is my offer. Top 10 AAV that's nothing special he would break that AAV if he hadn't torn his ACL (and still may), but record breaking guarantee.

(I know that would never happen)

ACL is like a stubbed toe these days he would be back well in time for training camp.

Baalke:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-20-2021, 06:27 PM)Olive Wrote: May not be popular, but I do wish the NFL would find someway to shore up support in the knees, and maybe a brace for all (so it is equal). ACL/MCL just seems to be too often. Ruins a lot of careers.
It would slow you down too much.

One reason people tear them is because their muscles are really too strong now. You can't really improve your ligaments like they do for legs muscles. While running and cutting plays a big part, take a look at who is primarily tearing them. There are people who get hit and tear stuff, so not counting that but looking at the noncontact stuff.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-20-2021, 10:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Baalke:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Ha ha 

If he is still here. He might be fired after the season. Who knows

(12-20-2021, 09:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: ACL is like a stubbed toe these days he would be back well in time for training camp.

I keep hearing that ACL injuries take about a year to fully recover.   I don't want to hire any injured players.

(12-20-2021, 06:27 PM)Olive Wrote: May not be popular, but I do wish the NFL would find someway to shore up support in the knees, and maybe a brace for all (so it is equal). ACL/MCL just seems to be too often.  Ruins a lot of careers.

There was a discussion in the announcing booth right after this happened about modifying the Defenseless Player rule. As it stands now, the rule protects the player above the waist to prevent concussion, so defenders are going lower. Offensive players are saying they would rather be hit high than low because leg injuries have long-term effect on speed and mobility, thus careers. 

It was tough to watch Godwin's injury, but it may serve as a catalyst to modify the rule. I don't pretend to know the answer but attacking low causes these long-term injuries.

(12-21-2021, 02:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 06:27 PM)Olive Wrote: May not be popular, but I do wish the NFL would find someway to shore up support in the knees, and maybe a brace for all (so it is equal). ACL/MCL just seems to be too often.  Ruins a lot of careers.
It would slow you down too much.

One reason people tear them is because their muscles are really too strong now. You can't really improve your ligaments like they do for legs muscles. While running and cutting plays a big part, take a look at who is primarily tearing them. There are people who get hit and tear stuff, so not counting that but looking at the noncontact stuff.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Godwin's tear was the result of a hit.

The game is all about speed now. Players on both sides barely wear pads, which allows them to be faster, but especially for defenders, makes tackling and contact problematic. So, the new practice especially in the secondary is to dive at legs to trip up a speedy receiver. Just watch some old clips and marvel at how differently players look from a generation ago.

If the players were to go back to the old school styles of pads, speed would be reduced. Violence of collisions would be lessened. Head injuries might be reduced. Non-contact injuries might still exist due to the above cited issue of muscle strength vs. ligament strength, but if players were able to wrap up and complete a tackle instead of taking blind dives at a players knees or ankles, those other tears might be reduced.

(12-20-2021, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This sucks.  I was hoping to get him in FA

We may be able to trade for him now.

Chris Godwin + Davante Adams would be a dream scenario.

Wont happen probably, but imagine.

We probably wouldn't have signed him anyway.

(01-04-2022, 12:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We probably wouldn't have signed him anyway.

If Trent Balke stays I gurantee we sign him. Trent loves nothing more than a guy coming off an ACL.