Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Jets Game

(12-26-2021, 08:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, Etieene  is an elite back with game breaking speed.  He could be huge for this offense next year and something we have lacked for since prime MJD
It will always be a bad pick no matter how ETN turns out.
Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It will always be a bad pick no matter how ETN turns out.
Lol
Lets do a hypothetical.

Throw all the NFL players into a redraft. How many picks will go by before the first RB is taken?

There’s just no reason to spend a 1st round pick on an RB.

My impression was that the Jets were trying their damndest for us to return the favor on draft picks, considering they left 7 off the board, but the Jags said “nope, we really do suck”.

(12-26-2021, 08:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol
Lets do a hypothetical.

Throw all the NFL players into a redraft. How many picks will go by before the first RB is taken?

He was picked at 25, not a top 5 pick.  All of the players weren't available in the NFL draft.  If Etienne turns out to be Kamara for example  it will be a great pick and huge for Lawrence especially being how good they already know each other

(12-26-2021, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lets do a hypothetical.

He was picked at 25, not a top 5 pick.  All of the players weren't available in the NFL draft.  If Etienne turns out to be Kamara for example  it will be a great pick and huge for Lawrence especially being how good they already know each other
So you can’t answer my question can you? Probably because you know that it would take hundreds of picks before the first RB is taken.

The RB position may be the least valuable position in football because it’s easily replaced.

(12-26-2021, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:20 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Chaisson pulled up very early during Wilson’s run as well. He should of been benched for that. He brings nothing to this team.

That was Ford

Ford as well, but chaisson too he was chasing from behind and just stopped. Regardless it was a piss poor effort all the way around.

(12-26-2021, 08:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was picked at 25, not a top 5 pick.  All of the players weren't available in the NFL draft.  If Etienne turns out to be Kamara for example  it will be a great pick and huge for Lawrence especially being how good they already know each other
So you can’t answer my question can you? Probably because you know that it would take hundreds of picks before the first RB is taken.

The RB position may be the least valuable position in football because it’s easily replaced.

Here's a list of 48 RBs selected in the 1st round over a 20 year span. 
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranki...-the-list/

A quick skim reveals about 12 of them worthy of a 1st round selection in my estimation. 

In other words, for every one Ladanian Tomlinson landed in the first round, there are three Knowshon Moreno's.  

That's a bad gamble in my book.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 09:14 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2021, 08:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was picked at 25, not a top 5 pick.  All of the players weren't available in the NFL draft.  If Etienne turns out to be Kamara for example  it will be a great pick and huge for Lawrence especially being how good they already know each other

Lol, it wouldn't take 100s of picks before the 1stbRB was taken.  There is a reason it was 7 or 8 of them I believe in the top 100 voted by the players. Henry and if CM.was healthy would both be very high on my list

(12-26-2021, 09:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you can’t answer my question can you? Probably because you know that it would take hundreds of picks before the first RB is taken.

A quick skim reveals about 12 of them worthy of a 1st round selection in my estimation. 

In other words, for every one Ladanian Tomlinson landed in the first round, there are three Knowshon Moreno's.  

Cleatwood doesn't even think LT is worth a 1st round pick because he plays the RB position.

Like I said, if he can be like Kamara he will be a great pick and huge going forward forward offense

I don't know if I'd say hundreds - but the point is valid that you shouldn't take a RB in the 1st round.  Probably really shouldn't take a RB before the 4th round at the earliest.  

1st and 2nd rounders should be used on premium positions.

(12-26-2021, 09:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you can’t answer my question can you? Probably because you know that it would take hundreds of picks before the first RB is taken.

I'd say the line is between #7-8. Drafting a first round running back is a great way of letting everyone know you don't understand positional value. The Jets backs ran well, and weren't high picks.

(12-26-2021, 09:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Lol, it wouldn't take 100s of picks before the 1stbRB was taken.  There is a reason it was 7 or 8 of them I believe in the top 100 voted by the players.  Henry and if CM.was healthy would both be very high on my list

(12-26-2021, 09:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's a list of 48 RBs selected in the 1st round over a 20 year span. 

Cleatwood doesn't even think LT is worth a 1st round pick because he plays the RB position.

Like I said, if he can be like Kamara he will be a great pick and huge going forward  forward offense
LT is probably my favorite all time RB (along with Marshall Faulk).

However the point remains that the RB position just isn’t valuable because it’s easily replaceable. It’s not about if the RB is good or not but about selecting value in the draft. Jags could have taken Campbell at 25 and Elijah Moore at 33. Then taken Michael Carter in round 4. I think you just struggle with the term value.

It certainly would take over 100 players before getting to a RB if we did the hypothetical draft. QBs, Tackles, Defensive Ends, corners, WRs…. All those positions are more valuable right off the bat.

(12-26-2021, 08:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, Etieene  is an elite back with game breaking speed.  He could be huge for this offense next year and something we have lacked for since prime MJD
It will always be a bad pick no matter how ETN turns out.

Exactly just because YOU dont like it, it will always be a bad pick. Smh

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 09:41 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

I was curious, so I looked it up.  The facts do not support you.  If you look at the top 10 rushers in the NFL as of the time of this writing, 10 out of 10 were drafted in the top 100.  The lowest drafted went at #66 overall.  He was the only third round pick to make the list and that's a very early third rounder.  9 out of the top 10 rushers in NFL were either first or second round picks.  The good running backs do tend to go early.

We allow records to be broken: Taken from: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season...ay-s-games

ach Wilson's 52-yard rushing TD is the longest rushing TD by a QB in Jets history. Wilson (the No. 2 pick in the 2021 draft) scored the longest rushing TD by any QB since Marcus Mariota (the No. 2 pick in 2015) had an 87-yard rushing TD while with the Titans in Week 13, 2015 -- also as a rookie against the Jaguars.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-26-2021, 09:16 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:

I don't know if I'd say hundreds - but the point is valid that you shouldn't take a RB in the 1st round.  Probably really shouldn't take a RB before the 4th round at the earliest.  

1st and 2nd rounders should be used on premium positions.

If you took that strategy, you wouldn't have one of the current top 10 running backs.  All 10 were drafted in the first three rounds.

[Image: qxjldl538z781.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

At the end of the day, its probably better the jags lost that game. I hate to say it but it is what it is. First pick of the draft and accountability. Clean house in 2 more weeks. I would seriously be interested in keeping Cullen though. D coordinator is the truth. Give this guy a couple more studs on d and see

(12-26-2021, 09:32 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

I was curious, so I looked it up.  The facts do not support you.  If you look at the top 10 rushers in the NFL as of the time of this writing, 10 out of 10 were drafted in the top 100.  The lowest drafted went at #66 overall.  He was the only third round pick to make the list.  9 out of the top 10 rushers in NFL were either first or second round picks.  The good running backs do tend to go early.
Not sure your grasping the full hypothetical.

Every single team has zero players and they are redrafting every single NFL player.

So for example, Mahomes likely goes #1 and maybe Rodgers #2. And so on down the list.

So QB probably goes the first 15-20 picks easy. Then some defensive ends. Some tackles. Some DTs. Some cornerbacks. Some WRs. Kelce Waller Kittle. Maybe some more elite OLineman before you get to a RB.

So it’s not about where the RB was drafted in one specific draft as you are looking it up.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 10:07 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(12-26-2021, 07:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: After we pick the best DE in the country, we need to invest heavily in the offense to build around Lawrence.

A lot of folks on here have been saying that since we locked in the 2021 draft 1st overall pick last season. Yet we got a "change of pace" RB that got hurt, refused to use our "starting" RB early in the season, didn't draft or sign any impact WRs or TEs early, and we kept trying to force Trevor to throw throw throw and not settle him in to the pro game.

When you look up incompetence in the dictionary, there should be a picture of the Jaguars logo.

Our only hope is the blind squirrel (Khan) finds a good nut this go around with his GM/HC hire... Otherwise we risk ruining a great QB prospect, while trading another solid QB away and setting this franchise back another 3-5 years at least.

(12-26-2021, 09:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 09:32 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I was curious, so I looked it up.  The facts do not support you.  If you look at the top 10 rushers in the NFL as of the time of this writing, 10 out of 10 were drafted in the top 100.  The lowest drafted went at #66 overall.  He was the only third round pick to make the list.  9 out of the top 10 rushers in NFL were either first or second round picks.  The good running backs do tend to go early.
Not sure your grasping the full hypothetical.

Every single team has zero players and they are redrafting every single NFL player.

So for example, Mahomes likely goes #1 and maybe Rodgers #2. And so on down the list.

So QB probably goes the first 15-20 picks easy. Then some defensive ends. Some tackles. Some DTs. Some cornerbacks. Some WRs. Kelce Waller Kittle. Maybe some more elite OLineman before you get to a RB.

So it’s not about where the RB was drafted in one specific draft as you are looking it up.

Ok, so you made up an IRRELEVANT hypothetical.  Not only that, but it is a hypothetical that can never really be proven one way or the other since such a draft doesn't exist and has never existed.

You said "There's just no reason to spend a 1st round pick on an RB.".  My stats show you're wrong.  When 9 out of the top 10 running backs were drafted in the first or second round, yeah, there might be a reason to pick one there.