Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Jets Game

(12-26-2021, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 09:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not sure your grasping the full hypothetical.

Every single team has zero players and they are redrafting every single NFL player.

So for example, Mahomes likely goes #1 and maybe Rodgers #2. And so on down the list.

So QB probably goes the first 15-20 picks easy. Then some defensive ends. Some tackles. Some DTs. Some cornerbacks. Some WRs. Kelce Waller Kittle. Maybe some more elite OLineman before you get to a RB.

So it’s not about where the RB was drafted in one specific draft as you are looking it up.

Ok, so you made up an IRRELEVANT hypothetical.  Not only that, but it is a hypothetical that can never really be proven one way or the other since such a draft doesn't exist and has never existed.

You said "There's just no reason to spend a 1st round pick on an RB.".  My stats show you're wrong.  When 9 out of the top 10 running backs were drafted in the first or second round, yeah, there might be a reason to pick one there.
Exactly lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2021, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 09:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not sure your grasping the full hypothetical.

Every single team has zero players and they are redrafting every single NFL player.

So for example, Mahomes likely goes #1 and maybe Rodgers #2. And so on down the list.

So QB probably goes the first 15-20 picks easy. Then some defensive ends. Some tackles. Some DTs. Some cornerbacks. Some WRs. Kelce Waller Kittle. Maybe some more elite OLineman before you get to a RB.

So it’s not about where the RB was drafted in one specific draft as you are looking it up.

Ok, so you made up an IRRELEVANT hypothetical.  Not only that, but it is a hypothetical that can never really be proven one way or the other since such a draft doesn't exist and has never existed.

You said "There's just no reason to spend a 1st round pick on an RB.".  My stats show you're wrong.  When 9 out of the top 10 running backs were drafted in the first or second round, yeah, there might be a reason to pick one there.
So 1st or 2nd round running backs play well. That’s great. 

It doesn’t mean they’re valuable or those teams don’t regret it. Think the Cowboys wish they had taken Ramsey instead of Zeke? You think the Panthers are pumped they gave all that money to CMac? Running backs have a short shelf life and if I’m drafting a 1st or 2nd round pick, I want them on my team for 10 years. That is RARELY the case for RBs.

It’s about value.

And yes. I made up a hypothetical but this is one that’s been done before.

https://thegameday.com/23129/article/202...m-scratch/

(12-26-2021, 09:35 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 09:16 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I don't know if I'd say hundreds - but the point is valid that you shouldn't take a RB in the 1st round.  Probably really shouldn't take a RB before the 4th round at the earliest.  

1st and 2nd rounders should be used on premium positions.

If you took that strategy, you wouldn't have one of the current top 10 running backs.  All 10 were drafted in the first three rounds.

Yes - but I would have a higher draft pick at a premium position instead.  

You don't need a top RB to build a perennial winning team.  You need a QB, WR, LT, Edge rusher and CB's.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 10:46 PM by Upper.)

(12-26-2021, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:   When 9 out of the top 10 running backs were drafted in the first or second round, yeah, there might be a reason to pick one there.

This is based on the premise that we want a top 10 running back compared to taking a swing at a top 10 player at any other position. I think everyone should disagree with that premise.

(12-26-2021, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Robinson is never the same and Etienne comes back 100% it might actually be a good pick.

The good pick would have been Carter or Gaintwell, not a first rounder.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 10:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-26-2021, 10:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Ok, so you made up an IRRELEVANT hypothetical.  Not only that, but it is a hypothetical that can never really be proven one way or the other since such a draft doesn't exist and has never existed.

So 1st or 2nd round running backs play well. That’s great. 

It doesn’t mean they’re valuable or those teams don’t regret it. Think the Cowboys wish they had taken Ramsey instead of Zeke? You think the Panthers are pumped they gave all that money to CMac? Running backs have a short shelf life and if I’m drafting a 1st or 2nd round pick, I want them on my team for 10 years. That is RARELY the case for RBs.

It’s about value.

And yes. I made up a hypothetical but this is one that’s been done before.

https://thegameday.com/23129/article/202...m-scratch/
I'll stick with 2 teams in our division, you think the Colts and Titans regret taking Taylor and Henry?  Even if they took them with their 1st you think they would regret it?

(12-26-2021, 10:45 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:   When 9 out of the top 10 running backs were drafted in the first or second round, yeah, there might be a reason to pick one there.

This is based on the premise that we want a top 10 running back compared to taking a swing at a top 10 player at any other position. I think everyone should disagree with that premise.

(12-26-2021, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Robinson is never the same and Etienne comes back 100% it might actually be a good pick.

The good pick would have been Carter or Gaintwell, not a first rounder.
If Tufele turns out to be great he will  be the better pick than either because DE is a more important position than RB and higher positional value

(12-26-2021, 10:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Tufele turns out to be great he will  be the better pick than either because DE is a more important position than RB and higher positional value

Lmao if you're using the position value argument to judge 4th rounders I reeeeeally hate to tell you how much that blows a giant hole in your ETN could be a good pick argument.

(12-26-2021, 10:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Tufele turns out to be great he will  be the better pick than either because DE is a more important position than RB and higher positional value

Lmao if you're using the position value argument to judge 4th rounders I reeeeeally hate to tell you how much that blows a giant hole in your ETN could be a good pick argument.

See how that works?  You only use positional value for first round picks?

(12-26-2021, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 10:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Lmao if you're using the position value argument to judge 4th rounders I reeeeeally hate to tell you how much that blows a giant hole in your ETN could be a good pick argument.

See how that works?  You only use positional value for first round picks?

Umm yes, the higher you are in the draft the more position value matters.

Wow, did I really have to say that?

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 11:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-26-2021, 11:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: See how that works?  You only use positional value for first round picks?

Umm yes, the higher you are in the draft the more position value matters.

That's how you end up with Teddy Bridgewater over Khalil Mack or Chaisson over Justin Jefferson

Nope, WR is as high on the position value chart as any other position after QB.

(12-26-2021, 11:12 PM)Upper Wrote: Nope, WR is as high on the position value chart as any other position after QB.

Lol, oh ok

(12-26-2021, 11:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:03 PM)Upper Wrote: Umm yes, the higher you are in the draft the more position value matters.

That's how you end up with Teddy Bridgewater over Khalil Mack or Chaisson over Justin Jefferson

And your 1st round RB argument is how you end up with Fournette over Mahomes, Lattimore, and Watson, right?

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 11:16 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2021, 11:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:12 PM)Upper Wrote: Nope, WR is as high on the position value chart as any other position after QB.

Lol, oh ok

It's true, if there were a WR that graded out as high as Thibs or Hutch we should absolutely take them instead...but alas. I have said we should take Jameson over Neal for the same reason.

After QB, WR CB DE and OT are all the same.

(12-26-2021, 11:15 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, oh ok

It's true, if there were a WR that graded out as high as Thibs or Hutch we should absolutely take them instead...but alas. I have said we should take Jameson over Neal for the same reason.
Yeah man, look at all these elite WRs that have came out in the last 10 years that have went in the top 5

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 11:41 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-26-2021, 11:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 11:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's how you end up with Teddy Bridgewater over Khalil Mack or Chaisson over Justin Jefferson

And your 1st round RB argument is how you end up with Fournette over Mahomes, Lattimore, and Watson, right?

What was my argument?  Mine has been BPA, not just take a RB

the wilson touchdown was just frankly embarrasing

the treadwell missed touchdown had to be caught, poor effort by him there.

i also swear we are the team that leaks the most TD's from kick returns as well

i thought t law had some nice throws...got a bit lucky with that fumble

it really really sucks about robinson, i hope this doesnt spell the end of his career

(12-27-2021, 01:54 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: the wilson touchdown was just frankly embarrasing

it really really sucks about robinson, i hope this doesnt spell the end of his career

I haven't seen a good replay of the Treadwell drop. Lawrence was called out on tv for that throw. 

My main takeaway is that we lost to a 3-11 team with 20 players and the head coach out.

(12-27-2021, 01:56 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 01:54 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: the wilson touchdown was just frankly embarrasing

I haven't seen a good replay of the Treadwell drop. Lawrence was called out on tv for that throw. 

My main takeaway is that we lost to a 3-11 team with 20 players and the head coach out.

He wasn't called out for that throw, you're thinking of the end zone throw to Austin. Trevor rolled to his left and threw off of one foot and missed Austin in the top left corner of the end zone.

The throw to Treadwell was early in the game and should have been caught. It was a nice throw by Trevor and Treadwell has to make that play.

Here's a couple angles of it..
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...6637712392
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1475184122922426373

(12-27-2021, 02:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 01:56 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I haven't seen a good replay of the Treadwell drop. Lawrence was called out on tv for that throw. 

He wasn't called out for that throw, you're thinking of the end zone throw to Austin. Trevor rolled to his left and threw off of one foot and missed Austin in the top left corner of the end zone.

The throw to Treadwell was early in the game and should have been caught. It was a nice throw by Trevor and Treadwell has to make that play.

Here's a couple angles of it..
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...6637712392
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1475184122922426373

You’re stretching. The ball was, as with every TL deep pass, two yards short. Tread well had to slow to meet the ball and the defender got a hand in to get first touch.  The defender’s spoil was as clear as day in your first clip.

The ball needed to be two yards deeper or thrown half a second earlier and it was six.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 02:34 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-26-2021, 06:55 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Compounding things, the Jaguars allowed th jets RB to rush for over 100 yards.

To expand, that would be 4th round rookie that many of us wanted Michael Carter Jr. If we didn't have the Meyer tire fire going on we might have wound up with him and not blown a 1st rounder on a RB.

Agreed.

(12-26-2021, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 06:55 PM)Upper Wrote: To expand, that would be 4th round rookie that many of us wanted Michael Carter Jr. If we didn't have the Meyer tire fire going on we might have wound up with him and not blown a 1st rounder on a RB.

If Robinson is never the same and Etienne comes back 100% it might actually be a good pick.

The likelihood of this is near zero. I have yet to see a player return to 100% after a Lisfranc injury.