Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Quinn won’t interview for Jaguars job

(12-29-2021, 03:53 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I didn't forget how bland his defense is any way.

He’s another Carroll disciple, like Saleh and Bradley. Their defenses are seldom as strong as the original, kind of like a virus strain.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2021, 01:11 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 12:28 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: who said urban was my hero mental midget...

Hahahahaha I love it.

You were defending him like he was your hero, saying no one could do a better job! keep amusing me come on!

I never said urban was my hero... only thing I said was you had to let it play out... It was hard to tell where the problem was... especially after having a 1-15 team last year and literally one of the youngest teams in the league with no talent and no veteran playmakers... no head coach was going to come in and turn it around in one year... did I agree with everything he did?... no!! we don't know 100%, if that was all urban or the GM... do we know for a fact that the GM made all the decisions and was the final say in the draft or was it urban... or the owner? we don't know if Urban had his hands tied or the other way around... we are all speculating... I'm sorry if I can think realistically and you guys can't

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

'realistically'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-30-2021, 10:00 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 01:11 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Hahahahaha I love it.

You were defending him like he was your hero, saying no one could do a better job! keep amusing me come on!

I never said urban was my hero... only thing I said was you had to let it play out... It was hard to tell where the problem was... especially after having a 1-15 team last year and literally one of the youngest teams in the league with no talent and no veteran playmakers... no head coach was going to come in and turn it around in one year... did I agree with everything he did?... no!! we don't know 100%, if that was all urban or the GM... do we know for a fact that the GM made all the decisions and was the final say in the draft or was it urban... or the owner? we don't know if Urban had his hands tied or the other way around... we are all speculating... I'm sorry if I can think realistically and you guys can't

You need a football eye sight test. How good is the Texans, Jets or Lions rosters look like? They are in a similar state as the Jaguars but what is different?

Those teams didn't have the joke of an off season and complete lack of organization demonstrated by this team. I don't participatete in social media and hysteria. I tried the benefit of the doubt route. With the onfield evidence alone the brain trust of this franchise is rotten and a failure.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 11:57 AM by nejagsfan.)

(12-30-2021, 10:07 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 10:00 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: I never said urban was my hero... only thing I said was you had to let it play out... It was hard to tell where the problem was... especially after having a 1-15 team last year and literally one of the youngest teams in the league with no talent and no veteran playmakers... no head coach was going to come in and turn it around in one year... did I agree with everything he did?... no!! we don't know 100%, if that was all urban or the GM... do we know for a fact that the GM made all the decisions and was the final say in the draft or was it urban... or the owner? we don't know if Urban had his hands tied or the other way around... we are all speculating... I'm sorry if I can think realistically and you guys can't

You need a football eye sight test. How good is the Texans, Jets or Lions rosters look like? They are in a similar state as the Jaguars but what is different?

Those teams didn't have the joke of an off season and complete lack of organization demonstrated by this team. I don't participatete in social media and hysteria. I tried the benefit of the doubt route. With the onfield evidence alone the brain trust of this franchise is rotten and a failure.

so because they have one or two more wins then us makes a difference lmao... and the Texans didn't have a joke of an off-season... their draft class was horrible... they had a quarterback that had lawsuits against him... Detroit's been horrible for decades... Jets apparently can't get it right so what exactly is your point? that their rosters look better? yet they still only won one or two more games than we have... they actually do and did have a joke of an off-season and a complete lack of organization... so okay whose fault is it... was it urban 100%... do we know if his hands were tied? do we know if the owner of the jaguars played a part in it.... or the GM.... who was the final say in the draft selections? do you know?... The thing is nobody knows but everybody wants to sit in their little recliner and point fingers.... All I was saying is it's hard to turn around a 1 and 15 team in one season.... You have to let it play out

(12-30-2021, 10:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

You laugh because you can't comprehend it.... so let me ask you who made the final decision on the draft selections.... simple question

(12-30-2021, 11:55 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 10:07 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: You need a football eye sight test. How good is the Texans, Jets or Lions rosters look like? They are in a similar state as the Jaguars but what is different?

so because they have one or two more wins then us makes a difference lmao... and the Texans didn't have a joke of an off-season... their draft class was horrible... they had a quarterback that had lawsuits against him... Detroit's been horrible for decades... Jets apparently can't get it right so what exactly is your point? that their rosters look better? yet they still only won one or two more games than we have... they actually do and did have a joke of an off-season and a complete lack of organization... so okay whose fault is it... was it urban 100%... do we know if his hands were tied? do we know if the owner of the jaguars played a part in it.... or the GM.... who was the final say in the draft selections? do you know?... The thing is nobody knows but everybody wants to sit in their little recliner and point fingers.... All I was saying is it's hard to turn around a 1 and 15 team in one season.... You have to let it play out

(12-30-2021, 10:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

You laugh because you can't comprehend it.... so let me ask you who made the final decision on the draft selections.... simple question

No, I laugh because you try to pretend you weren't Urban's cheerleader who vociferously attacked anyone who dared to say he was doing a [BLEEP] job here. For months you were wrong, period. The answer to your stupid question is, "It doesn't matter, they should all have been fired for the terrible decisions they made that resulted in the horrific product they put on the field this year." You, of course, can't accept that simple fact, so you sit here trying to put the onus on everyone else just to justify your laughably bad takes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-30-2021, 11:55 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: so because they have one or two more wins then us makes a difference lmao... and the Texans didn't have a joke of an off-season... their draft class was horrible... they had a quarterback that had lawsuits against him... Detroit's been horrible for decades... Jets apparently can't get it right so what exactly is your point? that their rosters look better? yet they still only won one or two more games than we have... they actually do and did have a joke of an off-season and a complete lack of organization... so okay whose fault is it... was it urban 100%... do we know if his hands were tied? do we know if the owner of the jaguars played a part in it.... or the GM.... who was the final say in the draft selections? do you know?... The thing is nobody knows but everybody wants to sit in their little recliner and point fingers.... All I was saying is it's hard to turn around a 1 and 15 team in one season.... You have to let it play out

The team regressed. This team is worse this year than it was last year.

Khan isn't involved in the draft process. Anyone with a brain knows that. Meyer and Baalke are the culprits behind it.

Let's say that Baalke was the main driver behind the draft and Meyer was just coaching and had no say. Fine. Baalke did what he does best and [BLEEP] the bed in the draft and Meyer did an abysmal job coaching the players he had. Meyer looked lost, had no plan to turn it around, and was completely out of his element. This isn't even taking into account his character flaws.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 04:19 PM by nejagsfan.)

(12-30-2021, 01:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 11:55 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: so because they have one or two more wins then us makes a difference lmao... and the Texans didn't have a joke of an off-season... their draft class was horrible... they had a quarterback that had lawsuits against him... Detroit's been horrible for decades... Jets apparently can't get it right so what exactly is your point? that their rosters look better? yet they still only won one or two more games than we have... they actually do and did have a joke of an off-season and a complete lack of organization... so okay whose fault is it... was it urban 100%... do we know if his hands were tied? do we know if the owner of the jaguars played a part in it.... or the GM.... who was the final say in the draft selections? do you know?... The thing is nobody knows but everybody wants to sit in their little recliner and point fingers.... All I was saying is it's hard to turn around a 1 and 15 team in one season.... You have to let it play out

No, I laugh because you try to pretend you weren't Urban's cheerleader who vociferously attacked anyone who dared to say he was doing a [BLEEP] job here. For months you were wrong, period. The answer to your stupid question is, "It doesn't matter, they should all have been fired for the terrible decisions they made that resulted in the horrific product they put on the field this year." You, of course, can't accept that simple fact, so you sit here trying to put the onus on everyone else just to justify your laughably bad takes.

doesn't surprise me that you couldn't comprehend what I was saying in the past.... and you apparently still don't....You're a joke dude You try to put words in people's mouths... I watch you do it all the time with other posters.... I was never a cheerleader for urban... I said you had to give it time.... I said no coach was going to come in here and make us a winning team with the roster we had... It was a lot more than just urban... and I wasn't for canning a coach after seven games... I said it multiple times...  That's not being a cheerleader you  clown... and not my problem You're too dense to understand it

(12-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

The team regressed. This team is worse this year than it was last year.

Khan isn't involved in the draft process. Anyone with a brain knows that. Meyer and Baalke are the culprits behind it.

Let's say that Baalke was the main driver behind the draft and Meyer was just coaching and had no say. Fine. Baalke did what he does best and [BLEEP] the bed in the draft and Meyer did an abysmal job coaching the players he had. Meyer looked lost, had no plan to turn it around, and was completely out of his element. This isn't even taking into account his character flaws.

and I say this to everybody who thinks that... go rewatch last year's season... we couldn't stop a 4-year-old last year.... last year was horrible if not worse... You guys have short-term memory

(12-30-2021, 04:17 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: The team regressed. This team is worse this year than it was last year.

and I say this to everybody who thinks that... go rewatch last year's season... we couldn't stop a 4-year-old last year.... last year was horrible if not worse... You guys have short-term memory

The defense has been barely better this year and that is in large part due to Cullen. The offense has regressed tremendously.

Meyer did so many things wrong that there is no way to even try to place the blame anywhere else. I think Baalke and Khan are also at fault in their own ways and Baalke needs to be fired too. But you keep attempting to shift the blame from Meyer because we don't know exactly which other decisions that were made were his vs Baalke vs Khan?

(12-30-2021, 04:17 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 01:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, I laugh because you try to pretend you weren't Urban's cheerleader who vociferously attacked anyone who dared to say he was doing a [BLEEP] job here. For months you were wrong, period. The answer to your stupid question is, "It doesn't matter, they should all have been fired for the terrible decisions they made that resulted in the horrific product they put on the field this year." You, of course, can't accept that simple fact, so you sit here trying to put the onus on everyone else just to justify your laughably bad takes.

doesn't surprise me that you couldn't comprehend what I was saying in the past.... and you apparently still don't....You're a joke dude You try to put words in people's mouths... I watch you do it all the time with other posters.... I was never a cheerleader for urban... I said you had to give it time.... I said no coach was going to come in here and make us a winning team with the roster we had... It was a lot more than just urban... and I wasn't for canning a coach after seven games... I said it multiple times...  That's not being a cheerleader you  clown... and not my problem You're too dense to understand it

(12-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: The team regressed. This team is worse this year than it was last year.

Why would anybody in their right mind subject themselves to that??  You can keep pissing and moaning and splitting hairs about which team was worse, but I will say this...  Last year's team lost a lot of close games; this year's not so much.
And last year's season was a success in spite of the failures because it landed us Trevor Lawrence.  
This year has felt much, much worse because it has become a completely wasted year and our star QB, the man who this entire season was about whether we were winning or losing, has gotten worse since the beginning of the year rather than looking like the up and comer we all hope he is.  This year definitely sucked worse.

(12-30-2021, 04:42 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:17 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: doesn't surprise me that you couldn't comprehend what I was saying in the past.... and you apparently still don't....You're a joke dude You try to put words in people's mouths... I watch you do it all the time with other posters.... I was never a cheerleader for urban... I said you had to give it time.... I said no coach was going to come in here and make us a winning team with the roster we had... It was a lot more than just urban... and I wasn't for canning a coach after seven games... I said it multiple times...  That's not being a cheerleader you  clown... and not my problem You're too dense to understand it

Why would anybody in their right mind subject themselves to that??  You can keep pissing and moaning and splitting hairs about which team was worse, but I will say this...  Last year's team lost a lot of close games; this year's not so much.
And last year's season was a success in spite of the failures because it landed us Trevor Lawrence.  
This year has felt much, much worse because it has become a completely wasted year and our star QB, the man who this entire season was about whether we were winning or losing, has gotten worse since the beginning of the year rather than looking like the up and comer we all hope he is.  This year definitely sucked worse.

You're misremembering. Last year in 16 games the team had a net point differential of -186 points, so over 16 games they averaged about a 12 points loss.

This season through 15 games they have a -179 point differential, so slightly worse than last year by about .5 points per game.

(12-30-2021, 04:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:42 PM)scottyg Wrote: Why would anybody in their right mind subject themselves to that??  You can keep pissing and moaning and splitting hairs about which team was worse, but I will say this...  Last year's team lost a lot of close games; this year's not so much.

You're misremembering. Last year in 16 games the team had a net point differential of -186 points, so over 16 games they averaged about a 12 points loss.

This season through 15 games they have a -179 point differential, so slightly worse than last year by about .5 points per game.
Last year we lost 6 games by one score...  This year, 4 games.  And I STILL hated this year much worse than last.

(12-30-2021, 04:55 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: You're misremembering. Last year in 16 games the team had a net point differential of -186 points, so over 16 games they averaged about a 12 points loss.

Last year we lost 6 games by one score...  This year, 4 games.  And I STILL hated this year much worse than last.

Last year between wins and losses there were 7 "close games," so far this year it's been 6. For all intents and purposes last year and this year are both garbage. If the Jaguars only lose to the Patriots and/or colts by 8 would you feel any better?

(12-30-2021, 04:55 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: You're misremembering. Last year in 16 games the team had a net point differential of -186 points, so over 16 games they averaged about a 12 points loss.

We've lost 5 games by one score.

(12-30-2021, 05:06 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: Last year we lost 6 games by one score...  This year, 4 games.  And I STILL hated this year much worse than last.

We've lost 5 games by one score.

If that's the case then there has been the same number of "close games" in both seasons.

Either way Urban didn't fix anything this year.

(12-30-2021, 04:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:42 PM)scottyg Wrote: Why would anybody in their right mind subject themselves to that??  You can keep pissing and moaning and splitting hairs about which team was worse, but I will say this...  Last year's team lost a lot of close games; this year's not so much.

so pretty close to being the same we're talking point .5.... our defense last year was horrendous we couldn't stop anybody... we had a lot of blowout games last year You're just looking at an average... we had a lot of blowout games this year also but we came close to beating some really good teams

(12-30-2021, 05:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: Last year we lost 6 games by one score...  This year, 4 games.  And I STILL hated this year much worse than last.

Last year between wins and losses there were 7 "close games," so far this year it's been 6. For all intents and purposes last year and this year are both garbage. If the Jaguars only lose to the Patriots and/or colts by 8 would you feel any better?

No. this year sucks many times over last year no matter the final result because it has been a complete waste of a year, and we've run the risk of permanently damaging our QB.

Feel free to keep spitting hairs though.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 05:19 PM by nejagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-30-2021, 04:42 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 04:17 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: doesn't surprise me that you couldn't comprehend what I was saying in the past.... and you apparently still don't....You're a joke dude You try to put words in people's mouths... I watch you do it all the time with other posters.... I was never a cheerleader for urban... I said you had to give it time.... I said no coach was going to come in here and make us a winning team with the roster we had... It was a lot more than just urban... and I wasn't for canning a coach after seven games... I said it multiple times...  That's not being a cheerleader you  clown... and not my problem You're too dense to understand it

wasn't pissing and moaning and splitting hairs on which team was worse... I wasn't the one that brought it up I was just replying to somebody's comment to me.. they said this year was worse than last I said look it up It wasn't much different if anything last year was horrendous...couldn't stop anybody... and yeah we almost beat some pretty good teams this year and almost won... had a lot of close games we've had some blowouts just like last year... just because you FEEL like this year was much worse doesn't mean it was... Trevor coming in wasn't going to decide if we were going to win or lose.... The fact that you think that a rookie quarterback would come in on a 1-15 team and immediately turn it around and have us winning tells me everything I need to know...so you may think that it was worse than last year but it really wasn't....I don't have a short-term memory and I know exactly how last season was.... Trevor coming in wasn't going to win you games immediately... and yeah I would expect it to get worse as the season went on because teams have tape on you now... they know how to defend you... they know how to play you.... unfortunately we did not get the right coaching staff... and our players are mediocre at best... we have no veterans we have no playmakers just like last year... very young team and Trevor Lawrence wasn't going to fix that neither was the head coach

(12-30-2021, 05:09 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

so pretty close to being the same we're talking point .5.... our defense last year was horrendous we couldn't stop anybody... we had a lot of blowout games last year You're just looking at an average... we had a lot of blowout games this year also but we came close to beating some really good teams
Correct. Had a chance against the Bengals. Had a chance against the clots. Had a chance against the Jets. Could make an argument against the Falcons. And by chance, I mean, one possession either wins it or ties it for a chance in overtime. Could have had at least four more wins.

It's a testament to Cullen's ability as a DC and Meyer and Bevell's inabilities to piece together anything consistently between Lawrence and Robinson to get [BLEEP] done in crunch time or inside enemy territory.

Meyer would still have his job and a 2nd chance next year had he not been such a dog [BLEEP], two-faced, lying, irresponsible, throw everybody under the bus while staying off the bus for a lapdance in Ohio, garbage of a human being.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."