Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 17

Last week, the Jaguars managed to lose to a even more depleted than normal Jets team, in a game featuring more embarrassing moments than normal.  They allowed a kickoff return for a TD for the 2nd consecutive week.  They allowed rookie QB Zach Wilson to run 52 yards for a TD.  Finally, they completely botched the last two minte drill, being unable to get set on the game's deciding play.  The division leading tacks rallied from an early deficit to beat the 49ers on Thursday night, the Colts edged the Cardinals on the road, while the Texans, fresh off a sweep of the Jaguars, shocked the Chargers in a result nobody saw coming.

Picks wise, I had a good, not great week, going 3-1, missing out on the Texans win.  That brought my overall record to 36-14 for the year.  Here's hoping I can finish these last two weeks with a flourish.

On to this week's games...

Jaguars (2-13) at Patriots (9-6)-The Patriots have managed to lose their last two games.  However, they are still in great position to reach the playoffs, a major victory considering they have played the entire season with a rookie at QB.  Nobody thinks the Jaguars have a chance in this game.  Their franchise is everything the Jaguars are not.  Those hoping for a Trevor Lawrence breakout game are likely to be very disappointed.  Belichick has historically been brutal on rookie QBs.  Patriots win 27-7.

Dolphins (8-7) at Titans (10-5)-a tough game to pick between two solid teams.  After a horrid 1-7 start featuring a loss to Jacksonville, Miami has won seven straight and are unbelievably in control of their own playoff destiny.  Meanwhile, the tacks are competing for home field advantage, a game behind the Chiefs.  Miami has been playing very well and are the hotter team.  This will sound like a broken record, but Miami rushes the passer well, while Tennessee does not pass protect well.  Dolphins win 23-20.

Raiders (8-7) at Colts (9-6)-Given all that has happened with the Raiders this year between Gruden's dismissal, Ruggs' dui vehicular manslaughter and subsequent release, and Damon Arnette's video and releasem for them to still have a shot at the playoffs at this stage speaks volumes as to their resiliency.  That said, the Colts have played very well and are a dangerous team going into the playoffs.  Colts win 24-17.

Texans (4-11) at 49ers (8-7)  On paper, this game would appear to be a mismatch.  But rookie Davis Mills has shown the kind of progress Trevor lawrence, Zach Wilson, and many of the higher drafted rookie QBs have not shown.  Furthermore, Garoppolo has an injured thumb, which likely contributed to the INTs he threw in Tennessee.  He will try to play through it.  But I think the 49ers are still a better overall team from top to bottom, and will handle the Texans.  49ers win 23-13.

Last week:  3-1
Overall:  36-14

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 07:53 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dismal week last week at 1-3
34-16 overall

The Evil Empire easily defeat the hapless home boys
Tacks D too much for the fish
Raiders win as the Clots can't pull it out starting Ehlinger
Niners over Texans
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Pats
Tacks
Clots
Niners

Last week:
2-2

Overall:
32-18
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

2-2 last week, so 32-18 coming into this week. I didn't see the chargers laying an egg, but good for the Texans taking advantage.

I'll go pats, phins, colts, and 49ers.

Pats because they get to play the get well team, so they'll right the ship heading into the playoffs against the hapless Jaguars. Something like 27-3.

Phins because they're hot and the titans aren't. Something like 20-12.

Colts because they're at home. Something like 31-20

49ers because they're against the texans. Something like 17-16.

1-3 last week
34-16 overall

Patriots over Jaguars
Titans over Dolphins
49ers over Texans
If Wentz plays, Colts over Raiders. If Wentz is out, Raiders over Colts (Bullseye, is this allowed?)

Supposed to be cold, windy and snowy here in Nashville for the game on Sunday. Fun times.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 03:45 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-30-2021, 12:19 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-3 last week
34-16 overall

Patriots over Jaguars
Titans over Dolphins
49ers over Texans
If Wentz plays, Colts over Raiders.  If Wentz is out, Raiders over Colts (Bullseye, is this allowed?)

Supposed to be cold, windy and snowy here in Nashville for the game on Sunday.  Fun times.

I can't see any reason not to. You can post your call any time. If you're basing your pick on a game time decision then why not just do it now instead of posting or editing at game time? I think it's fine. I certainly reserve the right to change my pick if the Patriots all die in a fire on Saturday night.

26-23 overall. 

this week i will go with the 

pats

tittians      dolpins lost to  jaguars so should get killed by tittians.

49ers

colts cause they are at home.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

32-18 Overall
2-2 Last week

Patriots 42 Jaguars 3
Dolphins 24 Titans 21
Colts 17 Raiders 14
Niners 33 Texans 23

32-17 overall, unfrotunately don't think I'll have time or sufficient upsets to make any ground on the field. A 1-3 week last week as I failed to post before the Thursday game.

Pats 26 Jags 13 - Is Mac fading? a string of losses, poor performances, but don't forget they're playing team get-right. If anyone can find a vulnerability in a young player's game, it's Belichick, and he'll have his team ready to take advantage of our youth.
tacks 20 Phins 17 - Does Henry return? The tacks have too much to lose not to overlook this game. Give them the close win.
indynoplace 21 Radiers 13 - Missing Wentz keeps it close, but Taylor and the horseshoe D are enough to keep them in the hunt.
tinhorns 24 Niners 20 - Is Webb their future? If so, they got a bargain.

Patriots
Titans
Colts
Texans
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-31-2021, 10:20 AM)Mikey Wrote: tinhorns 24 Niners 20 - Is Webb their future? If so, they got a bargain.

Out of curiosity, who is Webb?

(12-29-2021, 07:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the Jaguars managed to lose to a even more depleted than normal Jets team, in a game featuring more embarrassing moments than normal.  They allowed a kickoff return for a TD for the 2nd consecutive week.  They allowed rookie QB Zach Wilson to run 52 yards for a TD.  Finally, they completely botched the last two minte drill, being unable to get set on the game's deciding play.  The division leading tacks rallied from an early deficit to beat the 49ers on Thursday night, the Colts edged the Cardinals on the road, while the Texans, fresh off a sweep of the Jaguars, shocked the Chargers in a result nobody saw coming.

Picks wise, I had a good, not great week, going 3-1, missing out on the Texans win.  That brought my overall record to 36-14 for the year.  Here's hoping I can finish these last two weeks with a flourish.

On to this week's games...

Jaguars (2-13) at Patriots (9-6)-The Patriots have managed to lose their last two games.  However, they are still in great position to reach the playoffs, a major victory considering they have played the entire season with a rookie at QB.  Nobody thinks the Jaguars have a chance in this game.  Their franchise is everything the Jaguars are not.  Those hoping for a Trevor Lawrence breakout game are likely to be very disappointed.  Belichick has historically been brutal on rookie QBs.  Patriots win 27-7.

Dolphins (8-7) at Titans (10-5)-a tough game to pick between two solid teams.  After a horrid 1-7 start featuring a loss to Jacksonville, Miami has won seven straight and are unbelievably in control of their own playoff destiny.  Meanwhile, the tacks are competing for home field advantage, a game behind the Chiefs.  Miami has been playing very well and are the hotter team.  This will sound like a broken record, but Miami rushes the passer well, while Tennessee does not pass protect well.  Dolphins win 23-20.

Raiders (8-7) at Colts (9-6)-Given all that has happened with the Raiders this year between Gruden's dismissal, Ruggs' dui vehicular manslaughter and subsequent release, and Damon Arnette's video and releasem for them to still have a shot at the playoffs at this stage speaks volumes as to their resiliency.  That said, the Colts have played very well and are a dangerous team going into the playoffs.  Colts win 24-17.

Texans (4-11) at 49ers (8-7)  On paper, this game would appear to be a mismatch.  But rookie Davis Mills has shown the kind of progress Trevor lawrence, Zach Wilson, and many of the higher drafted rookie QBs have not shown.  Furthermore, Garoppolo has an injured thumb, which likely contributed to the INTs he threw in Tennessee.  He will try to play through it.  But I think the 49ers are still a better overall team from top to bottom, and will handle the Texans.  49ers win 23-13.

Last week:  3-1
Overall:  36-14

This week 2-2
Overall 38-16

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-30-2021, 02:45 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 26-23 overall. 

this week i will go with the 

pats

tittians      dolpins lost to  jaguars so should get killed by tittians.

49ers

colts cause they are at home.

3-1 this week moveing me to   29-24 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-01-2022, 05:23 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Patriots
Titans
Colts
Texans

2-2 this week
32-22 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-29-2021, 07:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Dismal week last week at 1-3
34-16 overall

The Evil Empire easily defeat the hapless home boys
Tacks D too much for the fish
Raiders win as the Clots can't pull it out starting Ehlinger
Niners over Texans

4-0 this week.  (Fortunately I was outside and didn't realize Wentz was starting or I might have changed the pick.)
38-16 overall

(12-30-2021, 12:19 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-3 last week
34-16 overall

Patriots over Jaguars
Titans over Dolphins
49ers over Texans
If Wentz plays, Colts over Raiders.  If Wentz is out, Raiders over Colts (Bullseye, is this allowed?)

Supposed to be cold, windy and snowy here in Nashville for the game on Sunday.  Fun times.

3-1 this week 
37-17 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 12:21 PM by Mikey.)

(01-01-2022, 10:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 10:20 AM)Mikey Wrote: tinhorns 24 Niners 20 - Is Webb their future? If so, they got a bargain.

Out of curiosity, who is Webb?

The thinkmeat just having a great time of it. Got Mills mixed up with Davis Webb, another QB prospect apparently playing with the Bills?

Stupid brain. Exhaustion, distraction and laziness of not googling are to blame. That, or the crap I did in college, if'n ya know what I mean.

(12-31-2021, 10:20 AM)Mikey Wrote: 32-17 overall, unfrotunately don't think I'll have time or sufficient upsets to make any ground on the field. A 1-3 week last week as I failed to post before the Thursday game.

Pats 26 Jags 13 - Is Mac fading? a string of losses, poor performances, but don't forget they're playing team get-right. If anyone can find a vulnerability in a young player's game, it's Belichick, and he'll have his team ready to take advantage of our youth.
tacks 20 Phins 17 - Does Henry return? The tacks have too much to lose not to overlook this game. Give them the close win.
indynoplace 21 Radiers 13 - Missing Wentz keeps it close, but Taylor and the horseshoe D are enough to keep them in the hunt.
tinhorns 24 Niners 20 - Is Webb their future? If so, they got a bargain.

pleh. 2-2 week, 34-19 on the year. Started strong and fading down the stretch.

(12-30-2021, 12:26 AM)Redrunt82 Wrote: Pats
Tacks
Clots
Niners

This Week:
3-1

Overall:
35-19
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas