Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching search going such a Jaguar way...

The foundations of decision making in this organisation are flawed beyond belief. I am rarely negative but I think this thread has sent me over the edge Sad

I don’t understand how Khan can get it wrong so badly. I support a UK Soccer/football team who is in the lower leagues I know what it’s like to support a team who doesn’t habitually win. However decisions made by that organisation appear to be solid and always with excitement, they come with wavering success but I am happy because they seem like good well thought selections/decisions at the time. The Jags on the other hand seem to get it so wrong you can’t even get excited! I was Sceptical about Meyer but was mildly intrigued and then we didn’t completely clean house and get rid of Baalke, at that point it was almost destined to fail.

How does a set up of Baalke and Bill O’Brien get anyone excited….how does Khan think that would work?!

The NFL is full of older established GM and coaches or New young and exciting front offices and HC.

Why are we not getting rid of Baalke (I have seen reports that this may be possible)?

Why are we not doing what every organisation should do and start hiring from the top at GM?

There is all these potential GM / HC match ups that sound exciting and would give us hope…..if it doesn’t work in the future that’s fine, that happens but at least go down this line. Pairings like the below are exciting and intriguing;

Borgonzi / Bieniemy
Dodds / Daboll
Hortiz / Moore
Wolf / Mcdaniels
Or any variation on the above!

I have one caveat to this, if none of these individuals will come to us because of the franchises reputation that unfortunately means as an organisation we are doomed until complete change occurs and I believe Shad should sell the team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think an excellent younger coach who is desperate for his first coaching job would jump at the chance to come to the jags. There were only a handful of head coaching positions on any given year. Let's not lose faith and see how this plays out.

(01-03-2022, 05:47 AM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: The foundations of decision making in this organisation are flawed beyond belief. I am rarely negative but I think this thread has sent me over the edge Sad

I don’t understand how Khan can get it wrong so badly. I support a UK Soccer/football team who is in the lower leagues I know what it’s like to support a team who doesn’t habitually win. However decisions made by that organisation appear to be solid and always with excitement, they come with wavering success but I am happy because they seem like good well thought selections/decisions at the time. The Jags on the other hand seem to get it so wrong you can’t even get excited! I was Sceptical about Meyer but was mildly intrigued and then we didn’t completely clean house and get rid of Baalke, at that point it was almost destined to fail.

How does a set up of Baalke and Bill O’Brien get anyone excited….how does Khan think that would work?!

The NFL is full of older established GM and coaches or New young and exciting front offices and HC.

Why are we not getting rid of Baalke (I have seen reports that this may be possible)?

Why are we not doing what every organisation should do and start hiring from the top at GM?

There is all these potential GM / HC match ups that sound exciting and would give us hope…..if it doesn’t work in the future that’s fine, that happens but at least go down this line. Pairings like the below are exciting and intriguing;

Borgonzi / Bieniemy
Dodds / Daboll
Hortiz / Moore
Wolf / Mcdaniels
Or any variation on the above!

I have one caveat to this, if none of these individuals will come to us because of the franchises reputation that unfortunately means as an organisation we are doomed until complete change occurs and I believe Shad should sell the team.

I hear you.  The whole experience of this season has me wondering what I am doing with this little part of my life.   Like, why am I a fan?  Why am I attached to this team, or any team?  Would I care if they got sold and moved to another city?  Thoughts like that.  I'm still here commenting, but maybe it's just time to move on.  I have enjoyed being a Jaguar fan, but it's not enjoyable any more.  If we enter each season full of hope, and every time, that hope is crushed, eventually, you learn from that.  Why go through that?  Lots of people lead very happy lives without being a fan of a football team.

(01-02-2022, 07:17 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Already have a thread on this

...like that ever stops him.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 09:58 AM by Mikey.)

(01-02-2022, 07:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 07:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dilla said Trevor requested a 1 on 1 with Khan.

Trade request?

Trevor gonna tell Khan to dump Baalke now and for him (Trevor) to sit in on all the interviews from here on out. This is Trevor's team. He and the next HC/GM must be on the same page.

I don't know that he'd want to (or have the authority to) sit in and speak on the interviews. But, this could very well be a "get your [censored] together" type of meeting. Wouldn't shock me at all to see 0 interviews before season's end and an announcement next Monday that Baalke is also unemployed.

(01-03-2022, 03:54 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I hate balkee....  but what's wrong with Bill Obrien?

so glad you made it out from under that rock.
Before we begin, I need to know how much time you have free. There's a list.

(01-03-2022, 09:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 07:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Trevor gonna tell Khan to dump Baalke now and for him (Trevor) to sit in on all the interviews from here on out. This is Trevor's team. He and the next HC/GM must be on the same page.

I don't know that he'd want to (or have the authority to) sit in and speak on the interviews. But, this could very well be a "get your [censored] together" type of meeting. Wouldn't shock me at all to see 0 interviews before season's end and an announcement next Monday that Baalke is also unemployed.

(01-03-2022, 03:54 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I hate balkee....  but what's wrong with Bill Obrien?

so glad you made it out from under that rock.
Before we begin, I need to know how much time you have free. There's a list.

I mean jj still thinks Urban was a good coach... so... it's not like he's working with house money.

(01-03-2022, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...79552?s=21

[Image: tenor.gif]

(01-03-2022, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...79552?s=21

We have been wandering in the desert for years whats 7 days.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-03-2022, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Is that good or bad though? Could be "Wait 7 days... Baalke is staying and we're looking at Billy "the butthole chin" O'Brien" or "Wait 7 days... Baalke is going and we're looking at a Doug Pederson and Mike Borgonzi pairing".

LOL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."