Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Weaver was almost as bad as Khan

(01-06-2022, 08:39 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 12:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You need a history refresher. 
Coughlin hung himself out to dry by going full control freak in JAX

He wanted to be HC/GM/OC and any other hats he could wear.

It didn't work. 

He put the team in cap hell and they ran into 3 consecutive losing seasons as a result. 

The giants wouldn't let coughlin wear all the hats. 
HC only. 
Weaver couldn't get him to do that in Jax, so he HAD to be cut loose.

Weaver admitted that he listened to the fans... he also admitted that he never talked to Coughlin about his role and being just a head coach... and Coughlin later admitting that he would have been fine with that... might want to learn your history and what the two men actually said later on... Weaver literally admitted that he caved to the fan base and it was the biggest mistake he made... that he should have never had let Coughlin go... are you denying that? because it literally came out of the man's mouth....

Provide quotes on Weaver saying those things. I'd like to see that. 

I know what happened when it happened. What Weaver said AFTER it happened doesn't change the fact that Coughlin [BLEEP] up  - and he was unhappy about being asked to be a HC only and not a GM. 

Salary cap, 3 losing seasons and an unwillingness to accept his role got him fired and got him fired deservedly. 
The fans were right. 

What Weaver wistfully reminisced about doesn't alter any of the actual facts that I've laid out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2022, 11:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 01:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: Even more reason for Khan to understand why we the fans are pissed. He should not ignore what the fans are saying. I want to keep the team here, but as a fan, this losing year after year after year is getting old. Its hard to get excited about that and as an owner who knows NOTHING about football, he would be wise to listen to what we are saying. We have every right to be angry and skeptical. He can't be that tone deaf..
by listening to a bunch of fans... BAWAHHHH sorry but wasn't it the fans that wanted Coughlin gone... and look how wrong the fans were... he went on to win super bowls... The one thing weaver did wrong he was dumb enough to listen to the fans... do you think multi-millionaire companies got where they were by listening and pandering to their employees....hell no

(01-05-2022, 09:22 PM)p_rushing Wrote: If you research further, you will see the fans revolted and Weaver listened to them and fired TC. TC had a problem that he was the GM and made some stupid mistakes trying to recreate the 99 season after he lost 3 times to the Titans. TC needed to have the GM duties removed but not to be fired.

Khan is the opposite and will not act quick enough. So yes he may be finally caving to the fans now buy he should have done it 2-3 years ago and even quicker during the previous coach changes.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

exactly why you don't make decisions based on a bunch of people who sit on their couches and think they know everything....

so you're saying that back in the day, Coughlin would have been kosher with Mr. Weaver telling him he's a failure as a GM, but we want you to stay on as coach. First, Coughlin probably walks following that discussion anyhow; and second, which GM was going to come in to recover the cap and roster while remaining hitched to the coach who dug the hole?

This just in, post-firing, we did not have the Giants D nor did we have a franchise QB developing into their prime. To think that he'd have been anywhere near as successful had he stayed is foolishness.

Coca-Cola is a perfect example of companies listening to fans and being better for it. Remember new coke?

(01-05-2022, 03:24 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: My dad says your dad is wrong.

My mamma says crocodiles are ornery cuz they gots all them teeths and no toothbrush!

My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

(01-06-2022, 08:39 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 12:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You need a history refresher. 
Coughlin hung himself out to dry by going full control freak in JAX

He wanted to be HC/GM/OC and any other hats he could wear.

It didn't work. 

He put the team in cap hell and they ran into 3 consecutive losing seasons as a result. 

The giants wouldn't let coughlin wear all the hats. 
HC only. 
Weaver couldn't get him to do that in Jax, so he HAD to be cut loose.

Weaver admitted that he listened to the fans... he also admitted that he never talked to Coughlin about his role and being just a head coach... and Coughlin later admitting that he would have been fine with that... might want to learn your history and what the two men actually said later on... Weaver literally admitted that he caved to the fan base and it was the biggest mistake he made... that he should have never had let Coughlin go... are you denying that? because it literally came out of the man's mouth....

...care to cite these anecdotes?

Let's put it this way. Coughlin put the team into cap hell getting the guys Coughlin wanted. Coughlin was responsible for getting results out of the players Coughlin brought in. He didn't. What benefit would there have been to firing Coughlin the GM, but leaving him to continue serving as OC/HC of a team that was not performing with the guys he specifically targeted to function within his playbook? 

I understand that Weaver had regrets letting Coughlin go. It's never easy to part ways with someone you spend nearly a decade with and enjoy some great memories together; At that time, it was appropriate for everyone to call it a wrap. Weaver probably did TC (and himself) a favor by not leaving Tom to pick up the pieces and try to rework things with a rebuild or down cycle to recuperate the team's cap. We saw how well youth took to TC's approach a few years back, and it was disastrous.

Where is the proof that TC would have won SBs here? the guy had to be fired, if that didn't happen to him would he have won SBs? I doubt it. He took time off after getting fired for a reason.

If BB stayed at Cleveland would they have become a dynasty?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-06-2022, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 08:39 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: Weaver admitted that he listened to the fans... he also admitted that he never talked to Coughlin about his role and being just a head coach... and Coughlin later admitting that he would have been fine with that... might want to learn your history and what the two men actually said later on... Weaver literally admitted that he caved to the fan base and it was the biggest mistake he made... that he should have never had let Coughlin go... are you denying that? because it literally came out of the man's mouth....

Provide quotes on Weaver saying those things. I'd like to see that. 

I know what happened when it happened. What Weaver said AFTER it happened doesn't change the fact that Coughlin [BLEEP] up  - and he was unhappy about being asked to be a HC only and not a GM. 

Salary cap, 3 losing seasons and an unwillingness to accept his role got him fired and got him fired deservedly. 
The fans were right. 

What Weaver wistfully reminisced about doesn't alter any of the actual facts that I've laid out.

lmao...why should I have to post the info...you say you know so much.... shouldn't you already know this...Are you seriously saying Weaver never said those things...lol and even after all the things you said about Coughlin Weaver still regrets the decision... said he caved to the fans... facts!!

(01-06-2022, 01:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Where is the proof that TC would have won SBs here? the guy had to be fired, if that didn't happen to him would he have won SBs? I doubt it. He took time off after getting fired for a reason.

no proof... can't say he would or wouldn't...no one will ever know.... but the Giants were horrible and a disgruntled team... completely out of control and undisciplined...he turned them around... are you trying to say that would have been impossible to do here...

(01-06-2022, 01:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Where is the proof that TC would have won SBs here? the guy had to be fired, if that didn't happen to him would he have won SBs? I doubt it. He took time off after getting fired for a reason.

no proof... can't say he would or wouldn't...no one will ever know.... but the Giants were horrible and a disgruntled team... completely out of control and undisciplined...he turned them around... are you trying to say that would have been impossible to do here...

Who said anything about impossible? He made a mess and got fired because of it. 
No proof, then how can you say for certain it was a mistake firing him after 3 losing seasons? Giants won 2 SB with him but also fired him after 3 losing seasons.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-06-2022, 01:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Provide quotes on Weaver saying those things. I'd like to see that. 

The fans were right. 

lmao...why should I have to post the info...you say you know so much.... shouldn't you already know this...Are you seriously saying Weaver never said those things...lol and even after all the things you said about Coughlin Weaver still regrets the decision... said he caved to the fans... facts!!

So you are completely full of [BLEEP].

That's what I figured. 

Got it - thanks.

Lol, somebody failed math class.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(01-06-2022, 02:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: no proof... can't say he would or wouldn't...no one will ever know.... but the Giants were horrible and a disgruntled team... completely out of control and undisciplined...he turned them around... are you trying to say that would have been impossible to do here...

Who said anything about impossible? He made a mess and got fired because of it. 
No proof, then how can you say for certain it was a mistake firing him after 3 losing seasons? Giants won 2 SB with him but also fired him after 3 losing seasons.

I didn't say it was a mistake I was quoting Weaver.. who said his biggest mistake as an owner was listening to the fans and firing Tom Coughlin.... his words not mine

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 05:49 PM by nejagsfan.)

(01-06-2022, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: lmao...why should I have to post the info...you say you know so much.... shouldn't you already know this...Are you seriously saying Weaver never said those things...lol and even after all the things you said about Coughlin Weaver still regrets the decision... said he caved to the fans... facts!!

That's what I figured. 

Got it - thanks.

so you're denying that weaver  said that...

(01-06-2022, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: lmao...why should I have to post the info...you say you know so much.... shouldn't you already know this...Are you seriously saying Weaver never said those things...lol and even after all the things you said about Coughlin Weaver still regrets the decision... said he caved to the fans... facts!!

That's what I figured. 

Got it - thanks.

Don't know the real story and the history behind it... That's what I figured

Got it- thanks

(01-06-2022, 05:47 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: So you are completely full of [BLEEP].

That's what I figured. 

Got it - thanks.

so you're denying that weaver  said that...

(01-06-2022, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: So you are completely full of [BLEEP].

That's what I figured. 

Got it - thanks.

Got it- thanks

It's very simple.

You are claiming Weaver expressed all sorts of regrets about firing Coughlin even though he absolutely did what had to be done at the time. 

VERY, VERY frequently on this message board users post links to articles supporting their claims when those claims are in doubt.
 It happens every day here. 
You are either incapable or unwilling to produce any evidence of your claims.
It's not a good look, but whatever. You don't really have any credibility to lose based on your body of posting. 

The bottom line is that Coughlin got himself fired for good reason in Jax all those years ago - and he was lucky to get a chance to learn from it and find success again elsewhere. 

The NYG ownership wouldn't give him carte blanche to run roughshod over that organization and he delivered from within the framework of HC.
( Even though he was reprimanded twice and nearly lost that job as well. )

Predictably, when given the chance by Khan to take the reigns and rule over the organization in Jax, he rapidly descended into the same things that had him run out of Jax and NY previously and he was rightfully terminated again.

(01-06-2022, 06:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 05:47 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: so you're denying that weaver  said that...

Got it- thanks

It's very simple.

You are claiming Weaver expressed all sorts of regrets about firing Coughlin even though he absolutely did what had to be done at the time. 

VERY, VERY frequently on this message board users post links to articles supporting their claims when those claims are in doubt.
 It happens every day here. 
You are either incapable or unwilling to produce any evidence of your claims.
It's not a good look, but whatever. You don't really have any credibility to lose based on your body of posting. 

The bottom line is that Coughlin got himself fired for good reason in Jax all those years ago - and he was lucky to get a chance to learn from it and find success again elsewhere. 

The NYG ownership wouldn't give him carte blanche to run roughshod over that organization and he delivered from within the framework of HC.
( Even though he was reprimanded twice and nearly lost that job as well. )

Predictably, when given the chance by Khan to take the reigns and rule over the organization in Jax, he rapidly descended into the same things that had him run out of Jax and NY previously and he was rightfully terminated again.

lol...what kind of fan are you that you didn't see the interview with Weaver or remember it...lol classic

Wolfe pulled the beakers and lab coat out. Next stop is the Lancet
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-05-2022, 09:22 PM)p_rushing Wrote: If you research further, you will see the fans revolted and Weaver listened to them and fired TC. TC had a problem that he was the GM and made some stupid mistakes trying to recreate the 99 season after he lost 3 times to the Titans. TC needed to have the GM duties removed but not to be fired.

Khan is the opposite and will not act quick enough. So yes he may be finally caving to the fans now buy he should have done it 2-3 years ago and even quicker during the previous coach changes.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

easy now... I'm being told that this never happened... Weaver also said later that he regretted this move...said he assumed tom wouldn't like the idea of just being a head coach... never talked to him about it and let him go.... he said biggest mistake as an owner....