Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Viruses don't care what you think

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 05:47 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-16-2022, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The biggest issue I see with omicron is the word COVID associated with it is more harmful than the virus. There are no breathless reports of overwhelmed hospitals and morgues and everyone I know who has contracted omicron had symptoms as similar and brief as a bad cold. At what point do we stop overreacting and just start taking it in stride like we do with every other virus?

Exactly. This is what I'm talking about when I speak to the irrationality of our society. The numbers do not suggest this is a serious threat to us whatsoever. The problem is that delta and omicron are competing simultaneously, which means that people can't be sure which variant they are catching. Again, the solution is simple, imo.... if you're young, healthy, or vaccinated, live your life. If you're none of those things, you're taking a risk by entering the public domain. Make the choice that makes you feel the most comfortable.

(01-16-2022, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I realize that, but of course you still think I'm wrong though. Maybe go re-read Statement #2 above that I was talking about and you'll figure it out.

Ugh. Don't be that guy. That was a good faith response to your point. Please clarify.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 05:55 PM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-16-2022, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The biggest issue I see with omicron is the word COVID associated with it is more harmful than the virus. There are no breathless reports of overwhelmed hospitals and morgues and everyone I know who has contracted omicron had symptoms as similar and brief as a bad cold. At what point do we stop overreacting and just start taking it in stride like we do with every other virus?

The really unfortunate thing is that it's killing people that are vaccinated/boosted. Hopefully, it's not a lot, but even a few is bad. I am seeing stories of COVID taking out people (including higher risk people) that are not only vaccinated but boosted. I am concerned for the more vulnerable people in the population who are doing everything they can to protect themselves. At least a few of my co-workers that have/possibly have COVID are higher risk. And I am concerned their symptoms may be serious as a few of them have come to work before and had milder cold symptoms but they still worked. This was some time before they ever tested positive for COVID.

One is a married couple, where the husband is high risk and the wife has gotten at least one COVID test before in the past, several months ago to see if she had it. She tested negative then, but they've displayed milder cold/allergy symptoms before and were able to either work or come back to work as quickly as they could. I think their symptoms had to be serious for them to be missing as much work as they currently are. They've both been out for a while now, and I am concerned for them especially the husband. 

There are other high risk people that are currently out that I think may have COVID including one who has been out for at least a couple of weeks now. 

One common thing I've noticed in this latest wave of COVID/possible COVID diagnosis is that a lot of the people may recently went on vacations/had large gatherings. Some of them had gatherings/went on vacation and tested positive before they were supposed to come back to work. They decided to test and I think that has helped with the exposure in our workplace, though it's still a lot. I think that people may need to limit the size of their gatherings/really think if they want to vacation now with how contagious this variant is. 

We had multiple people get COVID before at work after COVID first started happening. But that was before there was a vaccine and it was less people. The people that got it then were higher ups and I don't think they were wearing their masks a lot of the time when they were back in their own offices. I think those factors may have contributed to them getting it. It's a bit different this time around as a lot of the people that got it wear their masks regularly at work including the antivax people. And at least a few of them are vaccinated.

We are stretched thin at work and it doesn't help that I have other co-workers who like to call out on a regular basis. My governmental job is generous with leave, so we always have people calling out on a daily basis, sometimes leaving us shorthanded. We are very shorthanded at times now, especially with so many people out due to COVID. 

People really do need to be careful and I think get the vaccine or at least considering getting it/the booster. (Though vaccinated/boostered people are getting it as well).

(01-16-2022, 05:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

Exactly. This is what I'm talking about when I speak to the irrationality of our society. The numbers do not suggest this is a serious threat to us whatsoever. The problem is that delta and omicron are competing simultaneously, which means that people can't be sure which variant they are catching. Again, the solution is simple, imo.... if you're young, healthy, or vaccinated, live your life. If you're none of those things, you're taking a risk by entering the public domain. Make the choice that makes you feel the most comfortable.

(01-16-2022, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I realize that, but of course you still think I'm wrong though. Maybe go re-read Statement #2 above that I was talking about and you'll figure it out.

Ugh. Don't be that guy. That was a good faith response to your point. Please clarify.

The statement was "The unvaccinated spread the virus more than the unvaccinated", see the problem?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-15-2022, 02:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 12:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My ratchet is not since it also goes in either direction at the flip of a switch.

Does your wife know you use your tool both ways?

Y'all are both dorks. Lol

(01-16-2022, 05:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 05:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Exactly. This is what I'm talking about when I speak to the irrationality of our society. The numbers do not suggest this is a serious threat to us whatsoever. The problem is that delta and omicron are competing simultaneously, which means that people can't be sure which variant they are catching. Again, the solution is simple, imo.... if you're young, healthy, or vaccinated, live your life. If you're none of those things, you're taking a risk by entering the public domain. Make the choice that makes you feel the most comfortable.

The statement was "The unvaccinated spread the virus more than the unvaccinated", see the problem?

Lol. Yeah... missed that. Just read what was implied. Good eye.

(01-16-2022, 04:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm no expert but I don't know how statement 2 could ever be true.

ugh, that was a typo. sorry everyone.

Should have been "The unvaccinated spread the virus more than the vaccinated".
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

https://www.bitchute.com/video/9rwEjQ7tYVu9/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Ive never taken so many meds across a few days in my life lol.

Today so far has been the worst..... throbbing headache and was feeling a bit nauseous before as well, sore throat has eased tho and the cough is becomming less persistent...

I originally thought i had a hangover on Saturday...but i tested positive on sunday.... 90% sure i got it from the gym.... on saturday i was very lethargic, had total muscle soreness and was even a bit sensitive to bright lights

(01-17-2022, 08:14 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Ive never taken so many meds across  a few  days in my life lol.

Today so far has been the worst..... throbbing headache and was feeling a bit nauseous before as well, sore throat has eased tho and the cough is becomming less persistent...

I originally thought i had a hangover on Saturday...but i tested positive on sunday.... 90% sure i got it from the gym.... on saturday i was very lethargic,  had total muscle soreness and was even a bit sensitive to bright lights

Take it easy. Feel better soon.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-17-2022, 08:14 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Ive never taken so many meds across  a few  days in my life lol.

I originally thought i had a hangover on Saturday...but i tested positive on sunday.... 90% sure i got it from the gym.... on saturday i was very lethargic,  had total muscle soreness and was even a bit sensitive to bright lights

Are you enjoying your concentration camp cell or is that stopped now with all the vaccinated people getting it?

(01-17-2022, 08:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Are you enjoying your concentration camp cell or is that stopped now with all the vaccinated people getting it?

Haha very funny....

I am in a cell atm....my own house...

These were my symptoms last week minus the cough and muscle soreness. That headache makes you want to cut your own head off. I couldn't tolerate any light for a full day with the following day being about 50%. 

Omicron was nowhere near the level of Delta but that damn headache was brutal.

(01-17-2022, 08:14 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Ive never taken so many meds across a few days in my life lol.

I originally thought i had a hangover on Saturday...but i tested positive on sunday.... 90% sure i got it from the gym.... on saturday i was very lethargic, had total muscle soreness and was even a bit sensitive to bright lights

Rest up and heal up!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 01:27 AM by p_rushing. Edited 1 time in total.)

For the cough, put some Vicks on the bottom of your feet and put socks on. Something about it being able to be absorbed easier there and it should knock out the cough when laying down. You can also use it for the sore muscles in a pinch.

Im feeling the best today since i tested positive...

Chz all

(01-19-2022, 08:08 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Im feeling the best today since i tested positive...

Chz all

Glad to hear it!