Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RoofClaim.com wants out as sponsor

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 09:05 PM by AlsJagsFan. Edited 3 times in total.)

https://news.yahoo.com/jaguars-sponsor-s...13471.html?

I know some people don't agree with the fans...but it might actually get Khan to fire Baalke.

For those who don't want to read the article, a sponsor has sued because of a toxic environment if the fans show up in clown costumes. They don't want to have their name associated with the team with this going on.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 11:46 PM by navyjagfan. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: duplicate post )

(01-08-2022, 09:02 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/jaguars-sponsor-s...13471.html?

I know some people don't agree with the fans...but it might actually get Khan to fire Baalke. 

For those who don't want to read the article, a sponsor has sued because of a toxic environment if the fans show up in clown costumes. They don't want to have their name associated with the team with this going on.

Can't blame them.  Would you want your company associated with the Jaguars, the worst franchise in the league over the past decade. People are going to associate the Jaguars with failure and poor quality, not something any company is going to want to be associated with.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 11:36 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

The fans costing the franchise $ with this clown crap. Not a good look. Oh well. Hopefully it's the fans version of coztanza. If you tried doing everything one way, and it's always wrong, then do the opposite because if everything you do is always wrong, the opposite has to be right? Haha

From what I read, the company didn't want to be associated with the clown out - not the team itself. So it's not so much the lousy performance of the Jags as the fan reaction.

Which I think is great. When it starts affecting the bottom line, Khan is more likely to do a better job.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-08-2022, 10:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 09:02 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/jaguars-sponsor-s...13471.html?

Can't blame them.  Would you want your company associated with the Jaguars, the worst franchise in the league over the past decade. People are going to associate the Jaguars with failure and poor quality, not something any company is going to want to be associated with.
 They’re suing for $30k. That is chump change for Shad.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 02:28 AM by AlsJagsFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2022, 01:52 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 10:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Can't blame them.  Would you want your company associated with the Jaguars, the worst franchise in the league over the past decade. People are going to associate the Jaguars with failure and poor quality, not something any company is going to want to be associated with.
 They’re suing for $30k. That is chump change for Shad.

Still, it's negative publicity and shows that no matter how small, the fans can have an influence on the pocketbook. Sure it may change nothing but it could also change everything.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

If we are stuck with balkie, we are stuck with him. Just hope for the best and try to not worry about things you cant control.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 06:23 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2022, 11:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The fans costing the franchise $ with this clown crap. Not a good look. Oh well. Hopefully it's the fans version of coztanza. If you tried doing everything one way, and it's always wrong, then do the opposite because if everything you do is always wrong, the opposite has to be right? Haha

I'm pretty sure it's the perennial losing and terrible decision making inside the building that is the root cause of the issue, I could be wrong though.

so the stupid clown thing is going to get us to lose sponsors... make us even more of a national embarrassment... and it doesn't get Baalke fired... good job

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 11:20 AM by Mikey.)

(01-08-2022, 10:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:

well, up until they filed their immature suit, I had no idea their company even existed, so apparently the sponsorship isn't enough for them to garner much business.

This would hold a whole lot more water with me if they were filing suit over something as significant as the Gruden stuff leaked earlier this year.

This was nothing more than a chance to get their name in the news by grasping onto a bigger story's coattails.

They got more advertising out of this dumb move than any of their dollars they spent to get their name associated with this or any other NFL team.

(01-08-2022, 11:46 PM)Sibelius Wrote: From what I read, the company didn't want to be associated with the clown out - not the team itself. So it's not so much the lousy performance of the Jags as the fan reaction.

Which I think is great. When it starts affecting the bottom line, Khan is more likely to do a better job.

....or ban costumes from the stadium.

which is easier, do you think?

Best game of the season, screw roofclaim.com

Sounds like an insurance scam anyway.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-10-2022, 11:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 10:45 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Can't blame them.  Would you want your company associated with the Jaguars, the worst franchise in the league over the past decade. People are going to associate the Jaguars with failure and poor quality, not something any company is going to want to be associated with.

well, up until they filed their immature suit, I had no idea their company even existed, so apparently the sponsorship isn't enough for them to garner much business.

This would hold a whole lot more water with me if they were filing suit over something as significant as the Gruden stuff leaked earlier this year.

This was nothing more than a chance to get their name in the news by grasping onto a bigger story's coattails.

They got more advertising out of this dumb move than any of their dollars they spent to get their name associated with this or any other NFL team.

(01-08-2022, 11:46 PM)Sibelius Wrote: From what I read, the company didn't want to be associated with the clown out - not the team itself. So it's not so much the lousy performance of the Jags as the fan reaction.

....or ban costumes from the stadium.

which is easier, do you think?

Yeah, that's a great way to create an uproar on social media. No, the easiest solution is to use some common sense and fire Baalke.

Someone had a great line- "Jacksonville is also suing to get their name off the team."

(01-11-2022, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Someone had a great line- "Jacksonville is also suing to get their name off the team."

I heard that jaguars all around the world were forming a class action lawsuit to do the same thing.

(01-11-2022, 12:03 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Best game of the season, screw roofclaim.com

Sounds like an insurance scam anyway.

Exactly what they are. Storm chasers that want only to have property owners sign over their claim rights to have $5000 dollar roofs installed while billing your insurance company $15,000.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This is the roofing company that made a big deal about their announcement as a Jags sponsor, and referenced some “big changes” were going to happen at the stadium, misled everyone thinking we were gonna get a retractable roof