Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BOB: Has Baalke tipped his hand?

(01-12-2022, 02:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:30 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: 1. McDaniels took the Broncos to the playoffs with Tim Tebow. Wow.

2. McDaniels developed Mac Jones into a competent game manager for a playoff team.

3. That was the argument for Urban Meyer, but all you're getting is one year of value from that proposition.

1.  McDaniels finished 8-8 that year (9-9 if you count the playoffs), so he still hasn't won.

2.  Yes, this year he did do a good job with Mac Jones so far.  I cede that point.

3.  See above.  The UM comparison does not hold water.  UM was two years removed from coaching when the Jaguars hired hum last year and had no NFL experience whatsoever.  BOB had plenty of NFL experience and coached Alabama as recently as Monday night.  Way different.

Mcdaniels never made it to the playoffs the year Tebow beat the Steelers was with John Fox.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2022, 03:04 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 02:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  McDaniels finished 8-8 that year (9-9 if you count the playoffs), so he still hasn't won.

2.  Yes, this year he did do a good job with Mac Jones so far.  I cede that point.

3.  See above.  The UM comparison does not hold water.  UM was two years removed from coaching when the Jaguars hired hum last year and had no NFL experience whatsoever.  BOB had plenty of NFL experience and coached Alabama as recently as Monday night.  Way different.

Mcdaniels never made it to the playoffs the year Tebow beat the Steelers was with John Fox.

You are right.  I stand corrected.

The years are starting to bleed together.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-12-2022, 03:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 03:04 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Mcdaniels never made it to the playoffs the year Tebow beat the Steelers was with John Fox.

You are right.  I stand corrected.

The years are starting to bleed together.

Honestly I thought the same thing until a buddy of mine and me were talking about coaching candidates and pulled up his record as a head coach.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:07 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Your point #3 reminds me of things said about UM, especially where you mention the part about He knows the players. Not disputing anything you said, just many of the things you mentioned were said about UM.

UM was two years removed from coaching in college when the Jaguars hired him a year ago and he had no NFL experience whatsoever.

BOB coached Alabama this past season and has plenty of NFL experience.

I emphasize he STILL is NOT my guy, but the UM comparison, even on that limited point, is not warranted.

I believe it is. Not only would he know the players that he coached, but a few years ahead. Much like the pro scouts know who will know the current senior players to watch, as they have watched them since they were freshmen. College coaches are no different. They watch the current senior class, the junior, sophomore and freshmen, and I would assume that UM would have to. I wasnt disagreeing with anything you said, I just mentioned that one of the things mentioned about UM was he knows the players. I wasnt making a comparison between the two coaches

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdMT3L2H/
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!