Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Positives and Negatives

Quote:I call [BAD WORD REMOVED] on this.  Packers had a good turnout, but were easily less than 20% (too high for sure).  

When the stadium need to get loud, we were loud.  Caused two late timeouts on GB's last drive and a penalty which may have prevented the conversion.  Hopefully we can be as packed as GB someday, but I would not say we lost home field advantage.

Agreed.  I wonder if Jagwired was at the game to come up with that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, I thought Blake played tremendous. Also, Nortman kept us in the game with those two epic punts. Rodgers was playing like a magician out there, but not having any pass rush was a big issue. They were forced to blitz. I don't think they thought the pass rush would be that non existent. Was very surprised that Gus was so risky yesterday. You love it when it works, but you hate it when it doesnt work. It is a risky game, and it reminded of the JDR days. I also thought Prince played outstanding. He has always been a very good player but has trouble keeping healthy. Hopefully he can find a way to stay healthy all year because he and the Jags secondary looked great. 

Quote:This "don't sell ur soul for Hardy" foolishness again. This must be Jeff "Pull a man's hair in a fight" Logaman. They better get GH or get comfortable losing this season.
Don't think the Cowboys, who have a need for defensive line help following the loss of Gregory and others, don't agree with you. But, I guess you know more about him than the Cowboys coaches and front office, who had the "pleasure" of having this wife abuser on their roster for a season.

Quote:Don't think the Cowboys, who have a need for defensive line help following the loss of Gregory and others, don't agree with you. But, I guess you know more about him than the Cowboys coaches and front office, who had the "pleasure" of having this wife abuser on their roster for a season.
Sorry for the double negative, but you get my point.

Quote:If you saw something from Fowler in the preseason that gave you hope then you should get your eyes checked.
You're correct about the pre-season games. I was referring to how he was dominating the Jaguars offensive linemen in training camp and comments by local media

like Boselli and Lageman. Obviously, we should know by now that training camp performance means very little.

Quote:You're correct about the pre-season games. I was referring to how he was dominating the Jaguars offensive linemen in training camp and comments by local media

like Boselli and Lageman. Obviously, we should know by now that training camp performance means very little.

I didn't get the impression Boselli and Lageman were overselling anything.

I did, however, get the impression some fans were taking whatever was shared way too far.

Mike Kaye posts a few vines etc. on twitter (most without adding any comments,) and step back... crown him now.

I wasn't really surprised, fans had been waiting a year to see him.  He whipped up on who were not our best linemen, and fans got a little excited.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I call [BAD WORD REMOVED] on this.  Packers had a good turnout, but were easily less than 20% (too high for sure).  

When the stadium need to get loud, we were loud.  Caused two late timeouts on GB's last drive and a penalty which may have prevented the conversion.  Hopefully we can be as packed as GB someday, but I would not say we lost home field advantage.
Call what you want, but don't tell me that the Go Pack Go chant  didn't rival the decibels of our fans.

Quote:Agreed.  I wonder if Jagwired was at the game to come up with that.
No need to wonder we were there, as we have been for 18 years. I would estimate there were at least 20-25 thousand packers fans there. Pitiful that those tickets are available to them.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Call what you want, but don't tell me that the Go Pack Go chant didn't rival the decibels of our fans.

No need to wonder we were there, as we have been for 18 years. I would estimate there were at least 20-25 thousand packers fans there. Pitiful that those tickets are available to them.

I can say unequivocally that you're wrong on the first point.

Agree that way too many Pack fans were there.

Quote:I can say unequivocally that you're wrong on the first point.

Agree that way too many Pack fans were there.
Listen to the radio replay of the last play of that game. Tell me what you hear. See if you still believe me wrong.

To the underlined, this is what perturbs me. if this city supported their team there isn't a chance there is that many opposing fans in The Bank.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

One thing I have discussed with friends, but not here is the back shoulder fade. We ran it plenty in training camp. ARob gave a clinic on it in the preseason. Didn't see it once Sunday. Wish we'd have called that on 4th and 1.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We went toe to toe with a team that has a high chance to make it deep into the playoffs as well as the Super Bowl. I was pretty happy with the outcome. We had the chance to win and we got damn close but it wasn't enough. The next step for this team is fixing the small things and finding a way to take advantage of a opportunity to close out a game and win. If were that close to winning against the Packers I think we will do just fine rest of the season. Only time will tell. 

Quote:One thing I have discussed with friends, but not here is the back shoulder fade. We ran it plenty in training camp. ARob gave a clinic on it in the preseason. Didn't see it once Sunday. Wish we'd have called that on 4th and 1.
Saw it attempted once, but it just looked like Bortles was a bit off on the accuracy. 

I also would have liked seeing it used more.