Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are YOUR top 5 playoff moments in Jags history

With the playoffs here, it made me think back to when I was 14 years old and everyone was saying play like there ain’t no tomorrow. I remember the announcers saying we only had a couple of players with playoff experience. I won’t ever forget that stat that was posted at the bottom of my television that said Buffalo 9-0 in home playoff games. 

Here’s my top 5 playoff moments in Jags history. (I weighed the plays that meant more to the franchise vs a 90 yard run in a blow out win)

5. Natrone Means 62 yard scamper at Buffalo in 1996. The offense really hadn’t done much up until that point. Boselli cleaned out Bruce Smith, and Means did the rest. This play wasn’t a TD but it put in a position to kick a FG to cut the lead down to 14-10. Means finished the game with 31 carries for 175 yards

4. Myles Jack’s interception up in Pittsburgh in 2017. It was early in the 1st quarter and the Jags had a 7-0 lead after going for it on 4th and goal when Fournette called the “X” play on SNES in Super Techmo Bowl, and went up over the top for the score. Jack broke on the out route, stuck his hand in the bread basket to break the pass up, causing the ball to float for a split second, he then grabbed the football with both hands and hit the brakes to keep both feet in bounds. It was a stud type of play back when Jack could run. 

3. Jalen Ramsey’s interception time close out the Bills game in 2017. Bortles and the offense couldn’t get anything going. Low scoring type of game. Ramsey breaks on a pass and volleyballs the football up in the air, and his closing speed to pluck the ball outta the air was amazing. Ramsey went all the way down the field and dunked the ball over the goal post. 

2. Clyde Simmons interception. It was our first playoff game in franchise history. The Bills were 9-0 in home playoff games. Kelly, Thomas, Smith, and a lot of other vets on that ‘96 Bills team with Head Coach Marv Levy. The Bills were up 7-0 when Kelly attempted a shovel pass to Thurman Thomas. Clyde Simmons disengaged his man and plucked the football right out of the air. It was a major turning point early on in that ball game. Simmons rushed to the end zone with 1 hand on the football, just as he got inside the 5 yard line, he cradled the ball with 2 hands and scored the 1st postseason TD in Jacksonville history. Also went down as the first defensive TD in team history, along with the first interception in team history. Clyde then turned and pointed at his team mates and was screaming something along the lines of “I told ya I was gonna get him.” Simmons went on to have a monster game with 2 sacks and a TD.

1. Jimmy Smith’s game winning TD up in Denver in 1996, which sent us to the AFC Championship. Brunell with his masterful run which put them at the Denver 21 yard line. 3rd and 5, Tom Coughlin dials up a fade route to Jimmy Smith. Brian Sexton take it away...”Brunell looking for Jimmy in the end zone...Touchdown Jaguars, Touchdown Jaguars, Touchdown Jaguars.” Jimmy got a great release as his always did, worked his way around James, Brunell threw an absolute dime, Smith hit 5th gear and tracked the football for the score. 

I could easily put Brackens’ dance sack score against Marino, or Taylor’s 90 yard run, or his you can’t color commentate what I just saw play but they didn’t make my top 5. 

Let’s hear what yours are

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wonder if there is a similar post on the Lions, Browns and Texans message board?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 03:51 PM by Caldrac.)

1. Brunell to Smith in Denver. 1996. I was 8 years old. Cemented in my memories and started off me being more "aware" of the sport in general.

2. Taylor's 90 yard TD run against the Dolphins. 1999. Cemented Taylor earlier on my life as being my favorite player of all time. Despite being a Gator. [Bulldogs fan here].

3. Garrard's scramble against the Steelers to seal the win in Pittsburgh. 2007. Garrard did not have a good game but this play redeemed him.

4. Bortles' TD pass to Bohanon against the Steelers. 2017. Gave me hope. We relied on that defense heavily that year. Seeing this offense counter punch a resurging Steelers offense felt great.

5. Myles Jack fumble recovery in New England. 2017. That play was destined for the endzone and could have potentially changed the course of this franchise. I'll never forget that day. That team, this city and it's fanbase were robbed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-17-2022, 03:26 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote: Wonder if there is a similar post on the Lions, Browns and Texans message board?

I expect more of these threads by this guy.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

1. The time we won the Super Bowl after the refs didn't blow Myles Jack dead, then went on to win a Super Bowl against the Eagles. Wait... sorry, that's an alternate timeline. My bad.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2022, 04:10 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: 1. The time we won the Super Bowl after the refs didn't blow Myles Jack dead, then went on to win a Super Bowl against the Eagles. Wait... sorry, that's an alternate timeline. My bad.

Remember that time Bobby Boucher showed up at half time and the Mud Dogs went on to win the Bourbon Bowl?

When we drafted Schenault who is more explosive than Tyrek Hill
When Josh Oliver became the best TE in Jags History
Collin Johnson becoming a superstar
When Trevor proved he was the only thing we needed on offense and that you can win with a bunch of scrubs playing TE, WR, etc
When the O-line proved they were good enough and Trevor made them all look good
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

2007 win vs the Steelers was big

Oddly - it's the 4th qrtr TD drive (capped off by Freddy's chest thump) in week 15 that got us into the wildcard game - and this is my prevailing memory from that season/postseason

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]