Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles postgame press conference

I know we all saw what happened today so I won't waste time reiterating it.  But I will state the obvious fact that I'm incredibly pissed off.  But what made me feel a tiny bit better was seeing how equally if not more than likely exceedingly pissed off Bortles was in that postgame press made me incredibly happy that we have a QB and shows his emotion and wants to win and knows that we should have won.  Long gone are the Gabbert and Henne postgames where we get the same old ''well we did some things and they did some things and we knew they were gonna do those things but we just didnt execute'' dribble.  I love how Bortles is basically like ''Yeah, we didn't win, whatever who cares about the details?  I'm mad as hell we didn't win!'' gets me fired up and I hope we beat the snot out of san diego next week.  GO JAGS!

Bortles postgame press conference link: http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...d2a6e9d5c6

All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

More surprised by Gus saying losing is unacceptable. Was waiting to hear rah rah we did some nice things, but nope. 

Blake Bortles is a competitor. He always wants to win. We have a QB with the "it" factor who knows how to fire up the team.

Quote:More surprised by Gus saying losing is unacceptable. Was waiting to hear rah rah we did some nice things, but nope.

If We don't start winning, it's his [BLEEP] that'll be grass and he knows it.

Hear Lamm "Is there anything that feels good about today to you?"

"Nah"

Love it. He's salty. 

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Let the fans acknowledge their better play. The players and Gus said all the right things, losing is unacceptable.

Blake, AR15, Hurns etc deserve better than this crap.

Blake is going to lead this team to a lot of wins down the road.

Quote:If We don't start winning, it's his [BAD WORD REMOVED] that'll be grass and he knows it.

We went toe to toe with GB. We had more yards, more time of possession and had the ball in the red zone with a chance to win the game. Of course we should have won.

It gave me a lot of hope though as a fan that is used to getting whooped against the bigger teams.

Blake looks confident this year.Passed for yards.Gonna have a big year.

Quote:Hear Lamm "Is there anything that feels good about today to you?"

"Nah"

Love it. He's salty.

I hate Lamm's voice, but I loved that answer.

I also liked his response "as far as last year it would have been this and 2 years ago this, idk, but we should have won"

Paraphrasing, but still. This is a different team and mentality than in the past
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 09:13 AM by StitchJones.)

Okay, we lost to the packers; but at least we lost (in a reletively close game) to a team that is a legitimate super bowl contender. In recent years we've lost to teams that were mediocre at best. We've even lost to teams that we legitimately thought we were better than too. The point is; just don't lose to teams that we really should defeat. Yes, we could've (some would say we should've, but I don't think so) won that game yesterday. Whatever. This game against the chargers should be far more winable than the one against the pack was. To be certain it will be tough; on the road against Philip Rivers and company is always tough for the Jags.

To quote a well know alien philosopher from a galaxy far, far away ...'do it, or do it not'... there is no 'try'.

Quote:Okay, we lost to the packers; but at least we lost (in a reletively close game) to a team that is a legitimate super bowl contender. In recent years we've lost to teams that were mediocre at best. We've even lost to teams that we legitimately thought we were better than too. The point is; just don't lose to teams that we really should defeat. Yes, we could've (some would say we should've, but I don't think so) won that game yesterday. Whatever. This game against the chargers should be far more winable than the one against the pack was. To be certain it will be tough; on the road against Philip Rivers and company is always tough for the Jags.

To quote a well know alien philosopher from a galaxy far, far away ...'do it, or do it not'... there is no 'try'.

My fanboy-nazi is gonna have to step in here...

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

is the actual quote.

Quote:My fanboy-nazi is gonna have to step in here...

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

is the actual quote.

Yeah I really wanted to correct that myself.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

What I liked about Blake's play yesterday was that he spread the ball around. He didn't rely on A-Rob and Hurns as much as he usually does. While those two certainly made contributions yesterday, I love how Julius and Marcedes stepped up. I'm going to give Lee a pass on yesterday's game. I think, if he's healthy, he will have a positive impact on this team.

I'd like to see more of Walters and Greene.

My feeling is, let other teams double cover A-Rob. We have other weapons, and can move the ball down the field without depending on him. 

Quote:What I liked about Blake's play yesterday was that he spread the ball around. He didn't rely on A-Rob and Hurns as much as he usually does. While those two certainly made contributions yesterday, I love how Julius and Marcedes stepped up. I'm going to give Lee a pass on yesterday's game. I think, if he's healthy, he will have a positive impact on this team.

I'd like to see more of Walters and Greene.

My feeling is, let other teams double cover A-Rob. We have other weapons, and can move the ball down the field without depending on him.

I'm as big of a Lee supporter as you can get. But this makes it seem like he wasn't healthy yesterday. He is, and he still struggled.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm as big of a Lee supporter as you can get. But this makes it seem like he wasn't healthy yesterday. He is, and he still struggled.

Green Bay's defense was the problem. Marquis Lee would have caught some more passes against a weaker opponent.

Quote:I'm as big of a Lee supporter as you can get. But this makes it seem like he wasn't healthy yesterday. He is, and he still struggled.
I agree. He was healthy yesterday. If he stays healthy, I believe he'll have games that easily make up for yesterday. He's too talented not to.