Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump vs Desantis

(01-19-2022, 01:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: Remember in 1998, how stupid Hillary sounded to you when she claimed there was a "vast right wing conspiracy"?  That's how some of you sound now. 

As for Trump, COVID was a no win situation.  So were the Floyd protests.  He was going to take a major hit to his popularity no matter how he responded to either situation.  That's just how below average intelligence people react to things.  Blame the President for something that's not his fault and that he can't fix.  That's not fair, that's frustrating, but you don't have to be angry and frustrated for him.

Regardless, though, we are above average intelligence people here, and I think we can agree that even though the actual reason Trump lost was silly, it's a Good Thing that Trump lost because sooner or later he was going to totally corrode our entire system of checks and balances and voting.  As he showed on January 6th, undeniably.

Yet you continue to do so.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2022, 01:34 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 01:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: Remember in 1998, how stupid Hillary sounded to you when she claimed there was a "vast right wing conspiracy"?  That's how some of you sound now. 

As for Trump, COVID was a no win situation.  So were the Floyd protests.  He was going to take a major hit to his popularity no matter how he responded to either situation.  That's just how below average intelligence people react to things.  Blame the President for something that's not his fault and that he can't fix.  That's not fair, that's frustrating, but you don't have to be angry and frustrated for him.

Regardless, though, we are above average intelligence people here, and I think we can agree that even though the actual reason Trump lost was silly, it's a Good Thing that Trump lost because sooner or later he was going to totally corrode our entire system of checks and balances and voting.  As he showed on January 6th, undeniably.

Yet you continue to do so.

What I said stands regardless of who we blame for the physical violence of that day.  
Demanding that the Vice President should nullify any election result on his own say-so is an absolutely terrible and corrosive precedent.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Yo where Stroud at?

This type of convo is right up his alley.

Hillary sounded stupid because everyone from Leslie Stahl to Tom Brokaw had their heads buried up her and Bill's [BLEEP]. It was no secret to anyone. The fact she couldn't make hay with so much support from the MSM was laughable to everyone. 

To attempt to make a comparison between the treatment of Hillary and Trump by the media is, well, stupid.

(01-19-2022, 03:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Hillary sounded stupid because everyone from Leslie Stahl to Tom Brokaw had their heads buried up her and Bill's [BLEEP]. It was no secret to anyone. The fact she couldn't make hay with so much support from the MSM was laughable to everyone. 

To attempt to make a comparison between the treatment of Hillary and Trump by the media is, well, stupid.

Does the media need to be neutral or does the media need to be objective?  Which one would you choose?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 06:31 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

DESANTIS !!!!

Trump would only re-energize the Democrats.

I'm more than willing to vote Republican as I have done ~ 40% of the time.  However, I would not vote for Trump not would I defer from voting.  I think a lot of Dems mirror my position.

(01-19-2022, 08:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 08:24 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's what made Trump a better leader than most of our politicians. Obviously, the dude was flawed. He was a huge narcissist. However, he wanted to be loved by the people, which is a giant step up from what we currently have. The proof is in the pudding. Outside of the establishment who were relentless in attacking him, almost every facet of our lives was better under Trump. I will admit that it could have easily gone sideways with Trump, but he was constantly checked by his administration, which made for the best outcome for us. I care about that way more than the perceived threat that was overexaggerated by the media for their own benefit. Look at how he was growing in popularity in lower class and minority communities. I believe with one more year, Trump would have dominated the Black and Hispanic vote.

You guys love to talk about Trump's narcissism while ignoring literally EVERYONE else in the establishment with the exact same characteristic. Their narcissism is sanctioned, and Trump's isn't. I'd take Trump over this ALL day. You know the worst part about listening to guys like Mike and Marty wax on about Trump to me? We could control Trump. We did control Trump. How do we control the establishment? We vote, right? Lol.

They're conflating Trump's character flaws with his political aspirations. It's easy to do with all the noise that surrounded him. Does anyone honestly believe Biden has the stones to attempt something like the Solemani take down, holding NATO accountable for their financial obligations, making the U.S. energy independent or actually address the sieve which is our southern border? Biden is regarded as a pushover by the world, and they're right. 

The system hated Trump because he was an outsider who took the grand prize without spending decades wallowing in the political mud or being anointed by the leftist media. For me, his most important legacy is solidifying the truth about media nepotism and revealing big tech for the leftist tool it is. He triggered the system (government, media, education...) into clearly defining its ideological hypocrisy, inequities, outright intolerance for differing views and overt efforts to silence them. The enemy of autonomy is no longer hidden behind political and bureaucratic curtains.

200% this. The country as a whole was better off with him in office but the bolded part is something the country needed almost more than any of his policies. Most of us already knew the media and big tech was shady but I don't think we realized how much the progressives had infected everything. That wouldn't have happened with anyone other than Trump. 

I couldn't stand the man but he was useful. I just wish his biggest fans weren't so.... rabid.

(01-19-2022, 05:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hillary sounded stupid because everyone from Leslie Stahl to Tom Brokaw had their heads buried up her and Bill's [BLEEP]. It was no secret to anyone. The fact she couldn't make hay with so much support from the MSM was laughable to everyone. 

Does the media need to be neutral or does the media need to be objective?  Which one would you choose?
[Image: R.7ccc19e51e7790bcac4bbb864009422e?rik=R...ImgRaw&r=0]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-19-2022, 06:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: DESANTIS !!!!

Trump would only re-energize the Democrats.

I'm more than willing to vote Republican as I have done ~ 40% of the time.  However, I would not vote for Trump not would I defer from voting.  I think a lot of Dems mirror my position.

If it comes down to it again I won’t vote for trump either I’d go third party again
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-19-2022, 08:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 08:24 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's what made Trump a better leader than most of our politicians. Obviously, the dude was flawed. He was a huge narcissist. However, he wanted to be loved by the people, which is a giant step up from what we currently have. The proof is in the pudding. Outside of the establishment who were relentless in attacking him, almost every facet of our lives was better under Trump. I will admit that it could have easily gone sideways with Trump, but he was constantly checked by his administration, which made for the best outcome for us. I care about that way more than the perceived threat that was overexaggerated by the media for their own benefit. Look at how he was growing in popularity in lower class and minority communities. I believe with one more year, Trump would have dominated the Black and Hispanic vote.

You guys love to talk about Trump's narcissism while ignoring literally EVERYONE else in the establishment with the exact same characteristic. Their narcissism is sanctioned, and Trump's isn't. I'd take Trump over this ALL day. You know the worst part about listening to guys like Mike and Marty wax on about Trump to me? We could control Trump. We did control Trump. How do we control the establishment? We vote, right? Lol.

They're conflating Trump's character flaws with his political aspirations. It's easy to do with all the noise that surrounded him. Does anyone honestly believe Biden has the stones to attempt something like the Solemani take down, holding NATO accountable for their financial obligations, making the U.S. energy independent or actually address the sieve which is our southern border? Biden is regarded as a pushover by the world, and they're right. 

The system hated Trump because he was an outsider who took the grand prize without spending decades wallowing in the political mud or being anointed by the leftist media. For me, his most important legacy is solidifying the truth about media nepotism and revealing big tech for the leftist tool it is. He triggered the system (government, media, education...) into clearly defining its ideological hypocrisy, inequities, outright intolerance for differing views and overt efforts to silence them. The enemy of autonomy is no longer hidden behind political and bureaucratic curtains.

This is delusional. You're just frustrated so many people didn't like something you liked.  That doesn't mean they were conspiring. They all had different reasons for disliking him.  I mean what are you even mad about? The moderation and fact checking at Facebook and Twitter? Facebook didn't ban him until January 7! Twitter waited another day! If anything he got plenty of chances on both platforms, how can you say otherwise?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 09:25 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-19-2022, 03:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hillary sounded stupid because everyone from Leslie Stahl to Tom Brokaw had their heads buried up her and Bill's [BLEEP]. It was no secret to anyone. The fact she couldn't make hay with so much support from the MSM was laughable to everyone. 

I would prefer its objective to be neutral, and factual, devoid of bias by omission or commentary. Journalism 101.

(01-19-2022, 08:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 08:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: They're conflating Trump's character flaws with his political aspirations. It's easy to do with all the noise that surrounded him. Does anyone honestly believe Biden has the stones to attempt something like the Solemani take down, holding NATO accountable for their financial obligations, making the U.S. energy independent or actually address the sieve which is our southern border? Biden is regarded as a pushover by the world, and they're right. 

This is delusional. You're just frustrated so many people didn't like something you liked.  That doesn't mean they were conspiring. They all had different reasons for disliking him.  I mean what are you even mad about? The moderation and fact checking at Facebook and Twitter? Facebook didn't ban him until January 7! Twitter waited another day! If anything he got plenty of chances on both platforms, how can you say otherwise?

Okay.

Ideally both.  What they are now is partisan to the core.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Journalism will always have to omit things. There just isn't enough space or time to print everything that might be relevant. What one journalist sees as inconvenient another journalist might see as merely irrelevant. Conversely, if a journalist feels certain facts are relevant help explain a situation, but a reader feels those facts are irrelevant, the reader will say that part is commentary.

Regardless, everyone is better off turning off the 24 hour TV news, and make sure they regularly check at least two independent sources of news.

(01-19-2022, 09:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 08:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: This is delusional. You're just frustrated so many people didn't like something you liked.  That doesn't mean they were conspiring. They all had different reasons for disliking him.  I mean what are you even mad about? The moderation and fact checking at Facebook and Twitter? Facebook didn't ban him until January 7! Twitter waited another day! If anything he got plenty of chances on both platforms, how can you say otherwise?

Okay.

Don't Ask Vic this dude. He's not going to get it.

(01-19-2022, 11:08 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 09:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Okay.

Don't Ask Vic this dude. He's not going to get it.

It's a fitting response for someone so willfully obtuse.

(01-19-2022, 09:41 PM)copycat Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 05:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Does the media need to be neutral or does the media need to be objective?  Which one would you choose?

Ideally both.  What they are now is partisan to the core.

The media cannot be both neutral and objective.  Neutral means even-handed.  Objective means calling things as you see them.  Those two things are not compatible.

(01-20-2022, 06:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 09:41 PM)copycat Wrote: Ideally both.  What they are now is partisan to the core.

The media cannot be both neutral and objective.  Neutral means even-handed.  Objective means calling things as you see them.  Those two things are not compatible.

That leans more towards editorializing, not journalism. But if they’re going to be objective then they should do it fairly. Otherwise, they present themselves as they do now of having an objective rather than being objective. Because we all know the media selectively reports to support an agenda.

(01-20-2022, 06:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 09:41 PM)copycat Wrote: Ideally both.  What they are now is partisan to the core.

I disagree. Neutral means not engaged on either side. Objective means based on facts over feelings. You can take a side and speak facts only. This was the media's MO for years before they decided to drop the pretenses of neutrality. Objectivity without neutrality does not eliminate bias, and that should be the goal. 

Neutrality also doesn't imply that the facts don't end up condemning one side over the other. A neutral judge has to be objective in order for the law to work. Same is true with the media and news.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 11:22 AM by copycat.)

(01-20-2022, 06:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 06:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The media cannot be both neutral and objective.  Neutral means even-handed.  Objective means calling things as you see them.  Those two things are not compatible.

That leans more towards editorializing, not journalism. But if they’re going to be objective then they should do it fairly. Otherwise, they present themselves as they do now of having an objective rather than being objective. Because we all know the media selectively reports to support an agenda.

This @Marty

(01-20-2022, 08:29 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 06:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The media cannot be both neutral and objective.  Neutral means even-handed.  Objective means calling things as you see them.  Those two things are not compatible.

I disagree. Neutral means not engaged on either side. Objective means based on facts over feelings. You can take a side and speak facts only. This was the media's MO for years before they decided to drop the pretenses of neutrality. Objectivity without neutrality does not eliminate bias, and that should be the goal. 

Neutrality also doesn't imply that the facts don't end up condemning one side over the other. A neutral judge has to be objective in order for the law to work. Same is true with the media and news.

And this
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-19-2022, 01:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yo where Stroud at?

This type of convo is right up his alley.

He is sitting in front of his computer rocking back and forth waiting for Truth Social to go live on 2/22/22