Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Experts mock draft thread

I would rather have Thibs and Dotson than Neal and London for example.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2022, 05:02 PM)Upper Wrote: I would rather have Thibs and Dotson than Neal and London for example.

Agreed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-20-2022, 03:39 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Would you guys give up 1 and 33 for 5 and 7?

Per the trade chart 1-1 and 2-33 is 3580 points.  1-5 and 1-7 is 3200 points.  That is a substantial 380 points difference.  I would pass.  

However, if the Jags gave up 1-1 and 3-70 (the second 3rd round pick), closer in value at 3240 points, I could be persuaded.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 11:26 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-20-2022, 05:02 PM)Upper Wrote: I would rather have Thibs and Dotson than Neal and London for example.

I'd rather have Thibodeaux and London.

(01-20-2022, 04:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What’s best case for 1 and 33? Thibs and Dotson?

At 5 and 7, they could take 2 players from: one of the 3 tackles, Ojabo, London, Hamilton, Karlaftis, Wilson, Linderbaum.

Kinda leaning 5 and 7.

Realistically? Problem Thibodeaux and Dotson, but there is no guarantee Dotson will be available. Personally, I think he will be gone.

(01-21-2022, 11:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd rather have Thibodeaux and London.

Well that's a pipedream you should get out of your head soon to save the frustration.

(01-21-2022, 11:28 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd rather have Thibodeaux and London.

Well that's a pipedream you should get out of your head soon to save the frustration.

I know. Wouldn't it be nice though?

(01-21-2022, 11:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'd rather have Thibodeaux and London.

(01-20-2022, 04:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What’s best case for 1 and 33? Thibs and Dotson?

At 5 and 7, they could take 2 players from: one of the 3 tackles, Ojabo, London, Hamilton, Karlaftis, Wilson, Linderbaum.

Kinda leaning 5 and 7.

Realistically? Problem Thibodeaux and Dotson, but there is no guarantee Dotson will be available. Personally, I think he will be gone.

Agreed on Dotson. Good chance he's snapped up by any one of those play-off team's towards the bottom of RD1. Especially if his 40 time and cone drills line up with what he's done on film and the stat sheet. He's got Kansas City, Green Bay, San Francisco, Arizona & Tampa Bay written all over him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2022, 03:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Agreed on Dotson. Good chance he's snapped up by any one of those play-off team's towards the bottom of RD1. Especially if his 40 time and cone drills line up with what he's done on film and the stat sheet. He's got Kansas City, Green Bay, San Francisco, Arizona & Tampa Bay written all over him.

Yeah, it wouldn't shock me if Dotson is the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board

Probably should have waited until the experts had gotten a few mock drafts under their belt to start this thread, since it seems like they always like to throw a bunch of curveballs into the mock 1.0 to get attention. This would be a great example of that IMO. Not Neal at 1 per se, but the rest of the mock is extremely different than anyone elses thus far.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...er_nfl_cfb

(01-21-2022, 03:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Probably should have waited until the experts had gotten a few mock drafts under their belt to start this thread, since it seems like they always like to throw a bunch of curveballs into the mock 1.0 to get attention. This would be a great example of that IMO. Not Neal at 1 per se, but the rest of the mock is extremely different than anyone elses thus far.

This mock is pure garbage. Quay Walker is one of the least known players for the Bulldogs and statistically and on film, was not an impact player, yet Jeremiah has him taken in round 1? That's laughable.

(01-22-2022, 02:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 03:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Probably should have waited until the experts had gotten a few mock drafts under their belt to start this thread, since it seems like they always like to throw a bunch of curveballs into the mock 1.0 to get attention. This would be a great example of that IMO. Not Neal at 1 per se, but the rest of the mock is extremely different than anyone elses thus far.

This mock is pure garbage. Quay Walker is one of the least known players for the Bulldogs and statistically and on film, was not an impact player, yet Jeremiah has him taken in round 1? That's laughable.

Hope it's accurate tho. That would push one more good player to be available for our pick at 33.. But we all know how wacky these first mocks always are. Plus the allstar games, combines and workouts drive the gurus into a frenzy. Many changes will be seen as the draft nears. Gonna be interesting, and sometimes fun to see these as they pop out and discuss them.

Oh, and fire Baalke

You just dont think Neal will be there at 5 do you?  I dont think Dotson will be there at 33 either, why i hope we trade up

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2022, 05:43 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

PFF Mock Draft

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-...roit-lions

1. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: OT EVAN NEAL, ALABAMA
The 2022 draft will be a fun one to follow and predict because we will get so many “best player available” scenarios that will look different from big board to big board. The Jaguars' pick likely comes down to four players: offensive tackles Evan Neal and Ikem Ekwonu or edge rushers Aidan Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux.

There is plenty of variety with this pick, but I believe building the strongest offensive line in front of Trevor Lawrence is the best option. The 6-foot-7, 350-pounder allowed only 22 pressures the past two years between left and right tackle.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2022, 09:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...wr-for-jos

I want Hutch but if we do take Neal I would love for the draft to start like this. You take Dotson at 33, Neal and Dotson in the first 2 would be a very good start to helping Trev

Zion Johnson and McBride are my next 2 guys I'm targeting. When one comes off the board I'm looking to trade up for the other. Strong consideration for Elam there as well

Other than Trevor last year, I do not recall a consensus on this board as strong as everyone wanting Dotson at 33.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2022, 01:04 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-20-2022, 03:39 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Would you guys give up 1 and 33 for 5 and 7?

The only way that could happen is if the Jags have 5 players they like almost equally at the top of the draft, and the Giants have one player they covet above all others.  So for that deal to take place, there has to be a disagreement between the Jags and the Giants about the players at the top of the draft; otherwise, the Giants have no incentive to do that.  

So I would ask you or anyone else, are there 5 players at the top of the draft that you think are equal enough for you to drop those 4 spots?  

For example, Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Neal, Hamilton, Ekwonu.  Is the difference between the one you like the most, and the one you like 5th most, small enough that you would do it and jump from 33 to 7?  

Me?  Yes.  I would do that deal.  

Besides, you could possibly wind up with 2 of those 5 if something weird happens, or if the other teams at the top have the players rated differently.

(02-23-2022, 11:51 AM)Upper Wrote: Other than Trevor last year, I do not recall a consensus on this board as strong as everyone wanting Dotson at 33.

Pretty sure almost everyone wanted Jalen in '16. And everybody hoped Allen would fall to us in '19. But you are making a good point. Dotson would be a great pick at 33

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 10:41 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-...roit-lions

(02-28-2022, 10:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-...roit-lions

I'd be fine with this.

(02-28-2022, 10:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 10:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-...roit-lions

I'd be fine with this.

Is he a 3-4 OLB? Or a 3-4 DE like Watt? Or his he a traditional 43 DE. That is my only question about Hutch.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]