Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Experts mock draft thread

(03-10-2022, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 07:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I dislike London.

Watson and Williams I can get behind...but not London, even though he may be more of a scheme fit than Watson or Williams.

What do you dislike about London?  I think he can play in any scheme

He has no ability to separate at all.

Certainly not vertically.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know if this one has been posted, but here it is:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-post-free...ork-giants

1. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: EDGE AIDAN HUTCHINSON, MICHIGAN
33. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: LB LEO CHENAL, WISCONSIN
65. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: WR JUSTYN ROSS, CLEMSON
70. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: TE GREG DULCICH, UCLA

(03-19-2022, 04:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know if this one has been posted, but here it is: 

Not crazy about this with the exception of Hutchinson. My preference would be:

1. Hutchinson
33. Dotson, Pickens or Watson (tough choice, but need receiver here).
65. Jamar Salyer
70. Jeremy Ruckert/Jelani Woods

Another linebacker is needed so I'd trade back up into the 3rd to get Anderson or Beavers.

(03-19-2022, 04:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know if this one has been posted, but here it is: 

Leo Chenal at #33? Chenal over Nakobe Dean, Chad Muma, Troy Andersen, Damone Clark and Christian Harris? No, no, no.

Justyn Ross at #65? He is injury prone and just ran a pathetic 4.63/40 at his Pro Day and only managed a 31.5" vertical. His body is shot! He's gonna freefall.

(03-19-2022, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Leo Chenal at #33? Chenal over Nakobe Dean, Chad Muma, Troy Andersen, Damone Clark and Christian Harris? No, no, no.

Meh, I think Chenal over those guys is fine...but the fact that there are all of them, plus some more you left out, should prove that we can wait until 65/70 to get one instead. Then we can take Pickens or Watson at 33.

I want a WR at 33 because I think that position is the deepest in this draft and I think that position will likely be BPA there but if Dean is there you might have to take him. Watson and Dean would be a very hard choice for me if both are there.

(03-19-2022, 08:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want a WR at 33 because I think that position is the deepest in this draft and I think that position will likely be BPA there but if Dean is there you might have to take him.  Watson and Dean would be a very hard choice for me if both are there.

I'm not slotting any position at pick #33. I'm taking the BAP, whether it be TE, WR, OG, C, ILB or whatever. It would be stupid to reach for a WR, if that isn't the BAP.

(03-19-2022, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Justyn Ross at #65? He is injury prone and just ran a pathetic 4.63/40 at his Pro Day and only managed a 31.5" vertical. His body is shot! He's gonna freefall.

Chenal is thought to be the best blitzing LB in the draft. He makes a ton of sense for our defense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-19-2022, 10:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: Chenal is thought to be the best blitzing LB in the draft. He makes a ton of sense for our defense.

And as I'm sure most people know, he's a complete freakshow athlete. Anyone who would bash taking him at 33 is silly.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1504809847451230229

(03-19-2022, 10:44 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Leo Chenal at #33? Chenal over Nakobe Dean, Chad Muma, Troy Andersen, Damone Clark and Christian Harris? No, no, no.

Chenal is thought to be the best blitzing LB in the draft. He makes a ton of sense for our defense.

We got our coverage linebacker in Foye Oloukun, I'd rather have a "thumper" to pair with him. Chenal misses too many tackles and takes too many bad angles for my liking.

(03-19-2022, 11:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 10:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: Chenal is thought to be the best blitzing LB in the draft. He makes a ton of sense for our defense.

We got our coverage linebacker in Foye Oloukun, I'd rather have a "thumper" to pair with him. Chenal misses too many tackles and takes too many bad angles for my liking.

First of all, Chenal is quite big he can thump. Second, in today's NFL both ILB need to be able to fly and be adept in pass coverage. It would be quite unwise to put a Poz type next to Okuokun.

(03-19-2022, 11:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 11:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We got our coverage linebacker in Foye Oloukun, I'd rather have a "thumper" to pair with him. Chenal misses too many tackles and takes too many bad angles for my liking.

First of all, Chenal is quite big he can thump. Second, in today's NFL both ILB need to be able to fly and be adept in pass coverage. It would be quite unwise to put a Poz type next to Okuokun.

That is why you target a guy like Troy Andersen, Chad Muma, Damone Clark or to a lesser degree Christian Harris or Mike Rose, who can "lay the wood" and drop into coverage. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Poz was an all or nothing kind of LB, but there are many options in this draft who can cover and defend against the run.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 09:12 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Chenal wood be a good pick, dude is a monster

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 03:56 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-20-2022, 01:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 11:42 PM)Upper Wrote: First of all, Chenal is quite big he can thump. Second, in today's NFL both ILB need to be able to fly and be adept in pass coverage. It would be quite unwise to put a Poz type next to Okuokun.

That is why you target a guy like Troy Andersen, Chad Muma, Damone Clark or to a lesser degree Christian Harris or Mike Rose, who can "lay the wood" and drop into coverage. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Poz was an all or nothing kind of LB, but there are many options in this draft who can cover and defend against the run.

Your fav GM, LOLOLOLOLOL just couldn't resist, said Moses is healthy now. While I will reserve judgement until i see it or DC Caldwell says it, if true, then we already have our other ILB. Regardless, I think pick 33 is a WR or G.

Gonna be seeing a lot of fighting in mocks between the Lions, Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks to get Pickett and Willis.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/statu...5010663425

(03-21-2022, 08:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Gonna be seeing a lot of fighting in mocks between the Lions, Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks to get Pickett and Willis.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/statu...5010663425

https://youtu.be/0pypuuImw1U

Falcons make a ton of sense. Would swap 1 for 8, 43 & 58. Seattle is potentially as good though. Swap 1 for 9, 40 & 41.

They would probably want 65 or 70 though from us to recoup on losing 2nd RD picks but I wouldn't budge if they want their QB.

Could do so much more there. At 8 or 9 you're still in position to go WR, T or DE. With all of those picks in RD2 you could further bolster the offense and defense.

Interesting now for sure after all of the QB shuffling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 10:41 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2022, 10:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Falcons make a ton of sense. Would swap 1 for 8, 43 & 58. Seattle is potentially as good though. Swap 1 for 9, 40 & 41.

They would probably want 65 or 70 though from us to recoup on losing 2nd RD picks but I wouldn't budge if they want their QB.

Could do so much more there. At 8 or 9 you're still in position to go WR, T or DE. With all of those picks in RD2 you could further bolster the offense and defense.

Interesting now for sure after all of the QB shuffling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've been saying for at least a month that Atlanta would seem to be the most likely trade partner, but I thought it was because they desperately needed an edge rusher, and not because they would trade Matt Ryan. https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1449011

I think them trading Matt Ryan brings QB into play and by the nature of the demand at the position, the price for moving up to 1 goes up more than it otherwise would be this year, though perhaps not as much as it would in a more talented QB class.  Perhaps all the QB movement has created a bit of a desperation/feeding frenzy among the teams that don't have their QB of the present of future, though Jimmy G and Baker Mayfield could conceivably quickly diminsh that inflated demand.

But the bottom line is Atlanta screwed up not takingg Justin Fields when they had the chance.  Now if they don't trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G, they will pay more for a lesser prospect than they would have paid had they simply taken Fields instead of Kyle Pitts.

I will still believe it when I see it, but trading down to 6 8 or 9 and getting Jamo plus some nice picks would be pretty sexy.

(03-21-2022, 10:39 PM)Upper Wrote: I will still believe it when I see it, but trading down to 6 8 or 9 and getting Jamo plus some nice picks would be pretty sexy.

Jamo?

Anyway, now that you've raised the issue, who would be on everyone's realistic wish list assuming we traded back to 8?

The guys we've been debating most of this offseason-Neal and Hutchinson-would presumably be off the board by then.

Who would you guys target at 8?

Assuming it cost the Falcons both of their 2nd round picks to move up, how would that impact your draft strategy in rounds 2 and 3?