Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Experts mock draft thread

(03-21-2022, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 10:39 PM)Upper Wrote: I will still believe it when I see it, but trading down to 6 8 or 9 and getting Jamo plus some nice picks would be pretty sexy.

Jamo?

Jameson Williams, dunno why the cool kids call him that to be honest.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2022, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 10:39 PM)Upper Wrote: I will still believe it when I see it, but trading down to 6 8 or 9 and getting Jamo plus some nice picks would be pretty sexy.

Jamo?

Anyway, now that you've raised the issue, who would be on everyone's realistic wish list assuming we traded back to 8?

The guys we've been debating most of this offseason-Neal and Hutchinson-would presumably be off the board by then.

Who would you guys target at 8?

Assuming it cost the Falcons both of their 2nd round picks to move up, how would that impact your draft strategy in rounds 2 and 3?
I would target Travon Walker at 8. I offer picks 33 & 43 to Philadelphia for 19. Selecting Jameson Williams there. At 58 I am taking Jamaree Sayler.

I get a top DE, top WR and top G that can play T in a pinch. Still leaves me with 65 and 70 to add a TE and LB.

I think 33 and 43 are reasonable for 19. Hoping the Eagles are flexible in this scenario since they already landed quality players at 15 and 16.

I think you have to land 19 in order to secure Williams because at 20 and down the WR needy play off teams are licking their chops for him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-21-2022, 10:55 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 10:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Jamo?

Jameson Williams, dunno why the cool kids call him that to be honest.

I was never "cool," and I haven't been a kid in over 40 years...so your guess is as good as mine.   Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-21-2022, 10:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Falcons make a ton of sense. Would swap 1 for 8, 43 & 58. Seattle is potentially as good though. Swap 1 for 9, 40 & 41.

They would probably want 65 or 70 though from us to recoup on losing 2nd RD picks but I wouldn't budge if they want their QB.

Could do so much more there. At 8 or 9 you're still in position to go WR, T or DE. With all of those picks in RD2 you could further bolster the offense and defense.

Interesting now for sure after all of the QB shuffling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Either of those would be great!  I have a sneaky feeling that at least a couple of those qb teams are going to lay in the weeds til next year to go after Bryce.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

DJ and MJDs latest mock have Watson going to Chiefs and its likely. Smh

MJDs mock also has us taking Walker 1st. Wouldn't hate it.

(03-24-2022, 01:27 PM)Upper Wrote: MJDs mock also has us taking Walker 1st. Wouldn't hate it.

Yup, I wouldn't hate it either but i still hope we get Hutch.  Walker would be 2nd on my big board though

(03-24-2022, 01:27 PM)Upper Wrote: MJDs mock also has us taking Walker 1st. Wouldn't hate it.

I would, because it's an unnecessary gamble. Why do that? Yes, Walker has a very high ceiling, but he also has a very low floor. I'm just not a gambler. I'm taking the guy who has the higher floor (Hutchinson.) We cannot afford to miss on yet another first round pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 04:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-24-2022, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I would, because it's an unnecessary gamble. Why do that? Yes, Walker has a very high ceiling, but he also has a very low floor. I'm just not a gambler. I'm taking the guy who has the higher floor (Hutchinson.) We cannot afford to miss on yet another first round pick.
Walker doesn't have a low floor lol.  He is one of the safest picks in the draft imo and was a beast this year.

Walker and Neal are very close 2nd for me but with Neal not working out the the combine I think is a little bit of a red flag

(03-24-2022, 04:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 03:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would, because it's an unnecessary gamble. Why do that? Yes, Walker has a very high ceiling, but he also has a very low floor. I'm just not a gambler. I'm taking the guy who has the higher floor (Hutchinson.) We cannot afford to miss on yet another first round pick.
Walker doesn't have a low floor lol.  He is one of the safest picks in the draft imo and was a beast this year.

Walker and Neal are very close 2nd for me but with Neal not working out the the combine I think is a little bit of a red flag

Not if you play him at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. That would be like a complete change of positions, since he played DE at Georgia. He could be great as a 3-4 OLB or he could be disastrous. Now, if he went to the Lions at #2 and played DE in their shifting 4-3 scheme, I believe he would be a pretty safe pick. Not if he was gonna go to a 3-4 defense and play OLB though, as we would use him. That would be a huge risk.

(03-24-2022, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 04:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Walker doesn't have a low floor lol.  He is one of the safest picks in the draft imo and was a beast this year.

Not if you play him at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. That would be like a complete change of positions, since he played DE at Georgia. He could be great as a 3-4 OLB or he could be disastrous. Now, if he went to the Lions at #2 and played DE in their shifting 4-3 scheme, I believe he would be a pretty safe pick. Not if he was gonna go to a 3-4 defense and play OLB though, as we would use him. That would be a huge risk.

That's one of the biggest reasons I think we take Hutch.  I think he fits perfectly on what we want to do on D

Nah.  I love Walker.  But not with Hutchinson on the board.  Now if we traded down even one spot, I'd LOVE to have him.
Fix the O-Line!

I guarantee Walker's private workout looked better than Hutch's combine and pro day on field work. He's just so buttery smooth and Hutch is kinda robotic. Not saying that should make him jump Hutch since Hutch does have such a high, safe floor...but if we're looking back in a year or two and Walker is the clear cut best player from this draft no one should be surprised.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 08:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-24-2022, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not if you play him at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. That would be like a complete change of positions, since he played DE at Georgia. He could be great as a 3-4 OLB or he could be disastrous. Now, if he went to the Lions at #2 and played DE in their shifting 4-3 scheme, I believe he would be a pretty safe pick. Not if he was gonna go to a 3-4 defense and play OLB though, as we would use him. That would be a huge risk.

That's one of the biggest reasons I think we take Hutch.  I think he fits perfectly on what we want to do on D

Exactly. He's played 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB.

(03-24-2022, 07:27 PM)Upper Wrote: I guarantee Walker's private workout looked better than Hutch's combine and pro day on field work. He's just so buttery smooth and Hutch is kinda robotic. Not saying that should make him jump Hutch since Hutch does have such a high, safe floor...but if we're looking back in a year or two and Walker is the clear cut best player from this draft no one should be surprised.

I don't care about a workout. I care about what I see on game days.

(03-24-2022, 07:27 PM)Upper Wrote: I guarantee Walker's private workout looked better than Hutch's combine and pro day on field work. He's just so buttery smooth and Hutch is kinda robotic. Not saying that should make him jump Hutch since Hutch does have such a high, safe floor...but if we're looking back in a year or two and Walker is the clear cut best player from this draft no one should be surprised.

Why would anyone be surprised that the guy that will likely go number 2 in the draft, could be the best player?  I said weeks ago he could end up the best player in the draft.  But as olinematters said, I could care less who had the best workout, I want the best player on the football field

Workouts matter a lot guys, why else would they do them at the combine and then again at the pro day and then again for teams privately?

(03-24-2022, 08:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Workouts matter a lot guys, why else would they do them at the combine and then again at the pro day and then again for teams privately?

They matter, just not alot.  They are a small piece to the big puzzle

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 11:11 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

My favorite mock yet. I don't know how we would fit Skyy Kirk and Engram on the field together, but he's great value at 65. Maybe Pierce or a LB like Andersen would be better. But Aidan, Cine, and Lucas is amazing and getting that trio alone is my favorite expert mock I've seen yet.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/mo...k-draft-30

(03-24-2022, 11:10 PM)Upper Wrote: My favorite mock yet. I don't know how we would fit Skyy Kirk and Engram on the field together, but he's great value at 65. Maybe Pierce or a LB like Andersen would be better. But Aidan, Cine, and Lucas is amazing and getting that trio alone is my favorite expert mock I've seen yet.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/mo...k-draft-30

Yeah, I really like that one.  I don't think Skyy is there at 65.  But I like the other three, for sure.  We could probably get Pierce there, though.

I've been beating the drum pretty hard for WR at 33.  I don't think one we want will be there.  If we don't trade back up into the 1st, we may not get a real difference maker.  We just have to hope Zay's speed will cause defenses to respect him.  That way Kirk, Engram, and Marvin can go to work in the shorter stuff.
Fix the O-Line!

Would love it if the draft fell this way although if you make the right picks the \ picks could possibly be a dream draft.

1. Hutch
2. Watson
3. McBride
3. Anderson