Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Win The Second Monday Night Football Game?
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
[Show Results]

***Official Rams @ 49ers Monday Night Football Thread - Game Two

Quote: The product the Rams put on the field in SF this evening is reflective of Stan Kroenke's ownership. It's reprehensible that the NFL gave Kroenke approval to move to Los Angeles with the Rams track record on the field in St. Louis since their last winning season ( 2003 ). Even the woman owner in the movie ' Major League' won by accident.
I know all about Kroenke. He owns Arsenal and his inability to pony up money for transfers the last few years is frustrating. Highest ticket prices in the premier league too. He's a crook.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know all about Kroenke. He owns Arsenal and his inability to pony up money for transfers the last few years is frustrating. Highest ticket prices in the premier league too. He's a crook.

It sounds like Stan Kroenke runs Arsenal the way he runs the Rams.  

I have no idea if teams in the Premier League are able to relocate but I sure hope that you never experience what St. Louis did because of Kroenke. 

Quote:Rams gave up a lot for Goff, right? He is going to get forced in there early like Bortles did. They can't continue to keep that piece of trash Case Keenum in there.

I would be surprised if Jared Goff goes from # 3 on the Rams depth chart to # 1 this week,  especially because the opponent is the Seattle Seahawks.  But if the Rams Offense continues to struggle,  Goff will likely see game action even if he's not ready.   If Jeff Fisher then refuses to put in Goff,   it wouldn't be surprising if he's fired. 

Quote: It sounds like Stan Kroenke runs Arsenal the way he runs the Rams.

I have no idea if teams in the Premier League are able to relocate but I sure hope that you never experience what St. Louis did because of Kroenke.
Actually many years ago Arsenal moved from south London to north London. I would have to check but I think it was early 1900s.

Yes he does. When they gave him majority shareholder a few years ago, many fans went crazy. He's stated many times he didn't buy Arsenal to win titles yet we are always up there in the top 4 every year. That's more on the manager than Kroenke because he doesn't really care at all for any of his teams. He's a business man.

In case some of y'all missed it, Kevin Harlan called perhaps the funniest play by play in history in what was otherwise a terribly boring game.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/13/128998...adio-49ers
Jaguars Fundamentalist

So, earlier question in the thread asked when the last time the Jaguars played a MNF game, I went back to look at the schedule on Wikipedia. It was indeed long before Bortles and the Allens arrived here.

December 5th, 2011 vs. San Diego Chargers. We lost 38-14 at home, giving us a record of 3-9 at that point of a season in which we would finish 5-11.

Hopefully we can put together enough of a winning season that we rate a MNF game next year, it has been too long. In fact, it has been just as long as the NFL added those Thursday night games as a primetime game, and we have had those ever since to fulfill the 'Prime-time game for every team' scheduling requirement.

Quote:So, earlier question in the thread asked when the last time the Jaguars played a MNF game, I went back to look at the schedule on Wikipedia. It was indeed long before Bortles and the Allens arrived here.

December 5th, 2011 vs. San Diego Chargers. We lost 38-14 at home, giving us a record of 3-9 at that point of a season in which we would finish 5-11.

Hopefully we can put together enough of a winning season that we rate a MNF game next year, it has been too long. In fact, it has been just as long as the NFL added those Thursday night games as a primetime game, and we have had those ever since to fulfill the 'Prime-time game for every team' scheduling requirement.

Quote:So, earlier question in the thread asked when the last time the Jaguars played a MNF game, I went back to look at the schedule on Wikipedia. It was indeed long before Bortles and the Allens arrived here.

2011 was the last season the Jags had a MNF game and they actually had 2 that year, the one against the Chargers and the one on Oct 24 where they beat the Ravens 12-7.

5 years, and counting, is way too long to not have a MNF game.

I know the Jags haven't been very good lately, but the Rams @ 49ers  game was about as ugly a game as you will see on MNF or even any other day football is played.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I remember that game, well not so much the game, but the fact that it really cemented my supreme dislike of Jon Gruden.  I think he spent 5 solid minutes railing on us for not signing/drafting/trading for Tebow.

Quote:Actually many years ago Arsenal moved from south London to north London. I would have to check but I think it was early 1900s.

Yes he does. When they gave him majority shareholder a few years ago, many fans went crazy. He's stated many times he didn't buy Arsenal to win titles yet we are always up there in the top 4 every year. That's more on the manager than Kroenke because he doesn't really care at all for any of his teams. He's a business man.

To the best of your knowledge,  has any team in the Premier league moved out of a market?   Using an example,  from the Manchester area to the London area?

It doesn't get much worse than this for an NFL Offense:

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/WillBrinson'>Will Brinson<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>WillBrinson</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/775564511940050944' title="10:19 PM - 12 Sep 2016">Sep 12</a>
</div>

<p class="">Final updated Rams drive chart. This is not a joke nor a drill: PUNT PUNT PUNT INT PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT INT PUNT TURNOVER ON DOWNS

Quote: 

It doesn't get much worse than this for an NFL Offense:

<div>
<div>Will Brinson<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>WillBrinson</b> Sep 12
</div>

Final updated Rams drive chart. This is not a joke nor a drill: PUNT PUNT PUNT INT PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT INT PUNT TURNOVER ON DOWNS

</div>

Even at their lowest point ever, I don't think the Jags ever had a drive chart that looked as awful as that.

That is one of the worst drive charts you will ever see, maybe the worst one ever.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote: To the best of your knowledge, has any team in the Premier league moved out of a market? Using an example, from the Manchester area to the London area?
I don't think so. The PL and other teams in Europe are very city specific. I believe they would just start a new team if it was in a new city.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 11:12 AM by Dockerill91.)

Quote: To the best of your knowledge, has any team in the Premier league moved out of a market? Using an example, from the Manchester area to the London area?

The only one that comes close is 'Wimbledon' they moved from London to Milton Keynes and became the 'MK Dons' this move was 56miles. This was around 10 years ago.

Quote:Even at their lowest point ever, I don't think the Jags ever had a drive chart that looked as awful as that.

That is one of the worst drive charts you will ever see, maybe the worst one ever.

It's hard to believe that an NFL Offense with Todd Gurley at RB can have a performance this poor.  

In recent seasons,  the Rams actually played most of their best games against NFC West opponents.   Their performance against a 49ers team that very few people were optimistic about this season should be alarming to anyone associated with that team.

Quote:I don't think so. The PL and other teams in Europe are very city specific. I believe they would just start a new team if it was in a new city.

It's very different in North American sports.   The only way you can start a new team in the U.S. and Canada is by league approval.   With a huge expansion fee as part of the deal to join the league.  

Quote:The only one that comes close is 'Wimbledon' they moved from London to Milton Keynes and became the 'MK Dons' this move was 56miles. This was around 10 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

Though I don't follow English style football ( soccer ) except during the World Cup,  there's two things in particular that I like about the Premier League compared to the North American Professional Sports Leagues:

1.   Teams don't move substantial distances as you and JagsGooner illustrated. 

2.   The regular season is much more important in the Premier League.  The closest thing in the U.S. in terms of regular season importance is in Major College Football.  

Quote: Thanks for the information.

Though I don't follow English style football ( soccer ) except during the World Cup, there's two things in particular that I like about the Premier League compared to the North American Professional Sports Leagues:

1. Teams don't move substantial distances as you and JagsGooner illustrated.

2. The regular season is much more important in the Premier League. The closest thing in the U.S. in terms of regular season importance is in Major College Football.

1) Definitely agree, though there are a few teams around my city, if my Birmingham City left I could never support another one nor them though.

2) 100% agree the league is the sole importance of the premier league so the best team is decided over 38 games as opposed to playoffs. This is different in the lower leagues where one team will be promoted based on a play off between 4 teams but that's generally 1 promotion spot out of 4.

Quote:1) Definitely agree, though there are a few teams around my city, if my Birmingham City left I could never support another one nor them though.

2) 100% agree the league is the sole importance of the premier league so the best team is decided over 38 games as opposed to playoffs. This is different in the lower leagues where one team will be promoted based on a play off between 4 teams but that's generally 1 promotion spot out of 4.

I don't blame you at all regarding what you mentioned regarding that worse case scenario with Birmingham City.   It probably would be difficult for you to even get enjoyment from the Premier League if the worst happened.

In a typical English style Football season, does only one team get promoted to the Premier League or can more than one team get promoted?

Quote: I don't blame you at all regarding what you mentioned regarding that worse case scenario with Birmingham City. It probably would be difficult for you to even get enjoyment from the Premier League if the worst happened.

In a typical English style Football season, does only one team get promoted to the Premier League or can more than one team get promoted?

Well Birmingham City are in the second division so outside of the premier league.

Every year the top two teams based on the league (46 games in the championship) will get 'automatic' promotion. Then the teams ranked 3-6 will go into a play off,

3rd will play 6th in a 2 legged Semi final

4th will play 5th in a 2 legged semi final

The winners of these 2 games will then play a one off game to decide who gets the third promotion spot.

So every year 3 teams are relegated from the premier league and 3 teams are promoted to it.