Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

It feels like this will work to me. Not sure why, but just does.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Congrats to Byron. I guess you really can go home sometimes. I hope this winds up working for his sake and ours.

....was looking for more of an experienced head coach to get us out of this mess, but hope Leftwich the very best. It will be interesting to see his coaching hires and fires.

(01-26-2022, 03:48 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 03:21 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Dilla doesn't take [BLEEP] in the dark. He said it's a done deal and the other local beats have cited multiple sources as well. It's a done deal fellas.

jaguarmvloser doesn't believe anything until it's made into a youtube video for him to watch.

He's just mad someone else created the thread before he could.

(01-26-2022, 07:51 AM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 07:35 AM)Preach Wrote: Eh. I like Byron, but not excited about him being our head coach. Seems like another experiment that this team loves to explore and usually fail at. I hope he does well, I was just wanting an experienced head coach to get us back on track.

I never get the “experiment” argument, every one interviewing for a head coach is an experiment or they would already be in a job. Some work some don’t it’s the nature of the business

Experiment as in he's never had a position of this caliber before. He hasn't really been an OC for that long and much of his success has come with the GOAT as quarterback. I'm sure he learned more from Brady than Brady learned from him which isn't a bad thing. He just isn't proven. I was hoping to have a coach that at least put together a coaching staff before. Has gone through the draft and free agency. Has worked closely with a GM to make moves for the team, etc..
Here we go again

(01-26-2022, 03:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 03:09 AM)MojoKing Wrote: I think this is jumping the gun a bit

Exactly. Pro football network? I need another reliable source.
Go look at Dilla then you dweeb. Or Shipley. Or Johnathan Jones.

Take your pick.

(01-26-2022, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 03:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Exactly. Pro football network? I need another reliable source.
Go look at Dilla then you dweeb. Or Shipley. Or Johnathan Jones.

Take your pick.

Guys guys guys. This a time for celebration.

It seems its going to be Leftwich. Hes been a very good OC and learnt from a great HC in Arians. He has history with us and hopefully he turns into a Shanahan/McVay/Le Fleur type of co-ordinater to HC.

But i hope hes ready for whst hes taking on here. A roster with a lot of holes, a useless GM who has some big decisions to make this off season with the roster. I wanted someone with experience at turning a franchise around and building a roster and from the guys available, Zimmer was the only real name on there so while Leftwich may not tick all the boxes i wanted in a HC, there wasnt many sure fire HC's sitting around unemployed and Leftwich has potential to be the next top OC turned HC. Just got to give him the players.

(01-26-2022, 02:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 02:16 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Now we just need confirmation he’s bringing his own GM. Baalke gotta go!

That is the most important thing. Without a new GM, nothing changes, no matter who the new head coach is. You gotta cut out all the cancer or else it will keep coming back.

yes we do,and the biggest cancer is Sheer Khan,unforttanttly we can't cut him out unless a former jags coach/player buys team from Khan.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aside from the front office, this team needs player talent. I do believe some of the free agents would like to play for Byron, that otherwise would have never considered coming to Jax.

I was really hoping we keep Cullen.

Welp.... It's a new day and a new Head Coach.
I'm comfortable with Byron.
I expect the players will respond like they did against the clots and
Rock the Bank again!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-26-2022, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was really hoping we keep Cullen.

Yes he was a good find. The jags defense was actually fun to watch in 2021 and they played hard with no help from a 3 and out offense.

“LOL”. That is what all the other teams are doing right now…an unproven, novice pick. It makes zero football sense. The owner is an idiot
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 09:34 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was really hoping we keep Cullen.
Meh. By all accounts, Larry Foote is going to be a good DC.

Good hire, don’t understand the unproven bit at all!

Yea he’s not been a HC but he’s been around the league for years and has sat under one of the best HC.

Good luck to him, this is an exciting move….even better if we get rid of Baalke.

I like this signing. We have tried plenty of old, experienced coaches with no success. Giving someone young a chance feels right. I hope Leftwich brings the necessary energy into the team, and works to make the most of his opportunity.

Now we only need to add the necessary talent. Still hope we can see a turnaround similar to what the Bengals are enjoying this season.

(01-26-2022, 09:26 AM)Ronster Wrote: “LOL”. That is what all the other teams are doing right now…an unproven, novice pick. It makes zero football sense. The owner is an idiot

Yeah, they should have signed a Super Bowl MVP.  The poster is an idiot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

i love the fact that most of you are associating his player days to his coaching success.. you do know these are totally separate right? lets look at examples, Andy Reid wasn't a very good player turned into a Great HC, Kellen Moore wasn't a Great QB but he's doing well as the Cowboys OC.

Leftwich Talent was never the issue in the NFL as a player it was his Mechanics, he had a arm, smart just couldn't fix his throwing motion or touch on short passes.

Leftwich if hired will bring something we haven't had in a long time here. his Coaching record is what should be used against him. 3 top 5 offences in the past 3 years as OC. this is also 1 year without Brady as the QB and his QB lead the league that year in Yards and TD. yes he thru picks but you can't put bad decisions from QB on the OC unless the playcall was bad which we have no idea. thats like blaming Hackett when Bortles had a ball intercepted off of the Feet of his receiver when he was throwing it away.

Go Jags.

(01-26-2022, 03:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote: If this is true, it is my deepest hope that he is given much more of a chance to succeed by the GM and the fans than he was given as a player.

I have my doubts over both propositions.

I know Jimmy Smith would love this move.

Are you really wanting to re-debate Leftwich's dismissal after all these years?  He was given four seasons.  If we don't believe our head coach is the right guy after four seasons, we should move on.