Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-26-2022, 12:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote: At his first presser I hope he wears that teal suit and a sideways hat to just doubly piss off the local Klan members.

You're better than this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2022, 12:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 12:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote: At his first presser I hope he wears that teal suit and a sideways hat to just doubly piss off the local Klan members.

You're better than this.
Don't act like there are not plenty of them around. Do you not remember the foul things said about him around these parts?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

All 5 of them?

Who cares about those losers?! Byron’s intangibles (leadership, heart, will to win) have never been in question. He was not a starting quality NFL quarterback. But his football IQ has always been high. Everything he’s touched since he’s been a coach has been good. I expect it to be that way for us to here in Jacksonville.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Happy for Byron and I think he is a great pick for the team. However, with Baalke still at GM I really can't get excited. He runs franchises into the ground, and in our case since we already are in the ground he is going to run us out the league.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 01:01 PM by Jagwired. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 12:51 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

All 5 of them?

Who cares about those losers?! Byron’s intangibles (leadership, heart, will to win) have never been in question. He was not a starting quality NFL quarterback. But his football IQ has always been high. Everything he’s touched since he’s been a coach has been good. I expect it to be that way for us to here in Jacksonville.

As do I.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 12:56 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

The biggest question is:

Who is gonna throw the redflag when needed? Because by the time Byron finishes his throw 2 plays would have passed already
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 12:59 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lol

If you have JaguarLVP on your side on any argument, just know you've already lost.

(01-26-2022, 12:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:26 AM)Ronster Wrote: “LOL”. That is what all the other teams are doing right now…an unproven, novice pick. It makes zero football sense. The owner is an idiot

With all the idiots supporting the move it makes Jaguars sense. All you need to know are morons like Cleatwood and Eric support the move. Stupid move

(01-26-2022, 10:15 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Are you really wanting to re-debate Leftwich's dismissal after all these years?  He was given four seasons.  If we don't believe our head coach is the right guy after four seasons, we should move on.

People forget Leftwich's 5 seconds to wind up to throw?

Bro find a new sport.  You literally do not understand what you are watching and it's obvious with every post.  

Watch some youtube videos or something, I dunno.

Mixed feelings I really wanted an experienced head coach but guess we get another up and coming coach and hope for the best.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-26-2022, 12:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

You're better than this.
Its true tho frfr. Back to football talk we are on good terms here with the locals.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I have to wonder if Schefter’s tweet about the “Jags still haven’t decided which way they’ll go.” means “Do we hire the guy we really want (Leftwich) and fire our BFF Trent, or do we settle for Eberflus and keep our BFF Trent?”

I am surprised at the negativity around this. I think hes a great hire. Lots of players who were backup level QB make great coachs. And Byron is all class to boot. I really am excited about this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-26-2022, 01:05 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am surprised at the negativity around this. I think hes a great hire. Lots of players who were backup level QB make great coachs. And Byron is all class to boot. I really am excited about this.

It's only like two dudes. Most seem to be onboard.

(01-26-2022, 12:53 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: The biggest question is:

Who is gonna throw the redflag when needed? Because by the time Byron finishes his throw 2 plays would have passed already

Lol, my man couldnt make it down the sideline faster than the refs are moving anyway.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-26-2022, 01:07 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 01:05 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am surprised at the negativity around this. I think hes a great hire. Lots of players who were backup level QB make great coachs. And Byron is all class to boot. I really am excited about this.

It's only like two dudes. Most seem to be onboard.
Should be, Byron has really done well as an OC the last 3 years. I really think he will help Trevor a lot. Hes a complete 180 from Urban Myer, thats for sure.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 01:12 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 12:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 12:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You're better than this.
Don't act like there are not plenty of them around. Do you not remember the foul things said about him around these parts?

I remember this. I hope Jacksonville has moved past this kind of behaviour. This is exactly what we dont need if we are ever going to be taken seriously by the rest of the NFL.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-26-2022, 12:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 12:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You're better than this.

I don't directly recall any specific comments.  I have heard mention at times about it on local sports talk radio and on this board.  I do remember criticism of his play which was warranted.  I supported him as our QB until I didn't due to his mechanical flaws.  I just don't remember it as a large segment of the local population having a problem with him based on race or demeanor.  I mean, he was succeeded by Garrard.  Why does Garrard not get held up as an example in the same manner? 

Of course there are those that hold racial biases and even racial animus, however, the scale feels a bit of revisionist history to me.  I wasn't a season ticket holder and went to games sparingly until 2009 so if something was going on regarding this down at the stadium on game day, I wouldn't have been aware.

(01-26-2022, 01:16 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 12:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Don't act like there are not plenty of them around. Do you not remember the foul things said about him around these parts?

I don't directly recall any specific comments.  I have heard mention at times about it on local sports talk radio and on this board.  I do remember criticism of his play which was warranted.  I supported him as our QB until I didn't due to his mechanical flaws.  I just don't remember it as a large segment of the local population having a problem with him based on race or demeanor.  I mean, he was succeeded by Garrard.  Why does Garrard not get held up as an example in the same manner? 

Of course there are those that hold racial biases and even racial animus, however, the scale feels a bit of revisionist history to me.  I wasn't a season ticket holder and went to games sparingly until 2009 so if something was going on regarding this down at the stadium on game day, I wouldn't have been aware.

He didn't replace Brunell.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

And to add, I wasn't on this message board when Byron was QB so if this was a cesspool of racism back then, I missed it.