Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

There should be absolutely zero "know for a fact" comments in this thread.

I think most of these beat writers including Dilla are just throwing stuff at the wall and see if something sticks. This whole coaching fiasco could be a work of fiction.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2022, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: We know for a fact Pederson wasn’t the first choice because they didn’t offer him the job.

They offered it to Leftwich. And it wasn’t until a full month after Pedersons first interview and Leftwich telling them he didn’t want Baalke either did they circle back.

This is a disaster and no one is acting like we lost a SB winning coach. People are acting like the Jags have been incompetent the whole time and they let a good coach slip away. Regardless if you think Leftwich will be a good HC or not, they let a good coach who wanted to be here walk away because they can’t do anything right.

"Know for a fact"  lmao. Pederson didn't want the job because he didn't want to work with Baalke.  Just another reason they are going after Spielman and demoting Baalke imo.   I think Pederson was their first choice all along but he didn't want to work with Baalke.   The good coach did walk away but it looks like they can get him back with Spielman

(02-03-2022, 07:34 PM)Sibelius Wrote: This could have been because Pederson was an early interviewee who didn't want to work with Baalke, so they pursued other options - which led to Leftwich. And at what point did Leftwich say he wanted Baalke out and his preferred candidate in? From what I understand he was noncommittal about working with Baalke during the interview, so he didn't raise the concern about Baalke until later - perhaps after the initial offer was made.  

I don't think you can say for certain that Pederson wasn't a more desirable option than Leftwich. We just don't know that for certain.

Exactly, I think Pederson was their top guy all along, Spielman is the only thing that is saving their [BLEEP]

(02-03-2022, 07:40 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The Senior bowl is the most over-hyped mess I keep reading about.  How many times have Jaguars coaches coached there and had scouts there?  Still didn't help us pick the right players most of the time.

Because we had the wrong guy.  We coached Carr and drafted Bortles.  Caldwell still might have his job today if we took Carr

If pederson was the top choice all along and all
It took was getting Spielmen in why on Earth did it take them 40 days to find a solution

(02-03-2022, 08:01 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Know for a fact"  lmao. Pederson didn't want the job because he didn't want to work with Baalke.  Just another reason they are going after Spielman and demoting Baalke imo.   I think Pederson was their first choice all along but he didn't want to work with Baalke.   The good coach did walk away but it looks like they can get him back with Spielman

Exactly, I think Pederson was their top guy all along, Spielman is the only thing that is saving their [BLEEP]

Because we had the wrong guy.  We coached Carr and drafted Bortles.  Caldwell still might have his job today if we took Carr

It took was getting Spielmen in why on Earth did it take them 40 days to find a solution
Well we still haven't hired Spielman yet, not sure what the hold up is there.  Probably making sure he has all control and money, so hopefully it comes to an end soon.I don't think there is a chance in hell we get Pederson without Spielman

(02-03-2022, 08:01 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Know for a fact"  lmao. Pederson didn't want the job because he didn't want to work with Baalke.  Just another reason they are going after Spielman and demoting Baalke imo.   I think Pederson was their first choice all along but he didn't want to work with Baalke.   The good coach did walk away but it looks like they can get him back with Spielman

Because he was one of the first interviews. Pederson didn't want to work with Baalke. Khan didn't want to get rid of Baalke so he looked at other candidates. It sounds like, over time, they all told Khan the same thing - no Baalke. The reasons this whole fiasco took so long are apparently the near-universal dislike for Baalke and Khan's mule-headedness. That's how it seems at least.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

It seriously feels like the Jags are grasping at straws looking for anyone to actually take the job since they’re required to have a head coach. Anyone to take the job while Baalke is still employed, that is

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 08:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-03-2022, 08:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: There should be absolutely zero "know for a fact" comments in this thread.

I think most of these beat writers including Dilla are just throwing stuff at the wall and see if something sticks.  This whole coaching fiasco could be a work of fiction.

I've been following Dilla for a few years now, every since he called the Eifert signing.  Sometimes I think he does that as well.  I do think he knew someone in the building to get leaked info though because he's called a number of things before anyone else.   Not sure if he still does though

(02-03-2022, 08:06 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 08:01 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: If pederson was the top choice all along and all

Because he was one of the first interviews. Pederson didn't want to work with Baalke. Khan didn't want to get rid of Baalke so he looked at other candidates. It sounds like, over time, they all told Khan the same thing - no Baalke. The reasons this whole fiasco took so long are apparently the near-universal dislike for Baalke and Khan's mule-headedness. That's how it seems at least.

Pretty much

(02-03-2022, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:11 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Will Pederson get us to a super bowl how many coaches in history have took two different teams to the super bowl? Probably not many. I just have a bad feeling about him just like Urban.

Shula, Vermiel, Reid, Parcells, Holmgren are the ones that leap to mind.

I would also point out that 15 of the last 20 Super Bowls have been won by head coaches who were with their second team.  Only 5 times in the last two decades was a head coach able to win it while still in his first ever head coaching job.  Of those five coaches good enough to be exceptions, guess who is one of them?  Doug Pederson.

(02-03-2022, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/14893...73666?s=21

Some of you are really going to talk yourselves into Bisaccia or whatever his name is.

I'll laugh so hard if Pederson takes the Saints job, it'd fit in perfectly with how this entire coaching search has gone.

(02-03-2022, 08:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/14893...73666?s=21

Some of you are really going to talk yourselves into Bisaccia or whatever his name is.

I'll laugh so hard if Pederson takes the Saints job, it'd fit in perfectly with how this entire coaching search has gone.

It really would.

All we can hope is the Saints' salary cap issue is enough to keep him from taking that job. But the $$@$ show Khan has put on with this coach hunt really has to make anyone think about coming to Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 08:26 PM by Jagulars.)

Alright, Khan. You got us real good. What a clever near 50 day prank for publicity and fan drama. You can reveal the new HC now.

This whole process shows just how incompetent Khan is as an NFL owner. Total embarrassment. What free agents are going to want to come here knowing how dysfunctional the organization is from the top on down?

(02-03-2022, 06:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, some people are acting like we just lost a former SB winning HC, oh wait.
That’s not it at all but I’m not shocked you can’t understand that.

Pederson is a fine candidate but they literally offered the job to Leftwich which means he was their first choice…. Not Pederson. They botched this whole situation and if Pederson doesn’t come here, they are unbelievably screwed.

This is about an owner who can’t make up his mind about what he wants. An owner who went on vacation in the middle of a HC search. An owner who most likely kept Leftwich in limbo the entire time which limited Leftwichs other opportunities.

If the get Pederson and Spielman, I’ll be fine with it. But a lot of people are disappointed in how this entire search went down and rightfully so.

I agree with much of what you said, but the portion in bold is not necessarily true.  We don't know what is said behind closed doors.  Leftwich may not have been their first choice.  They clearly offered him the job on the belief that he would work with Trent Baalke as GM.  Leftwich didn't reveal his ultimatum until after being offered the job.  Pederson may have been the Jaguars first choice as head coach but wasn't offered the job because he made his ultimatum clear during his first interview.  It could be ditto for 3 other coaches as well.  For all we know, Leftwich could have been their fifth choice.  Everyone else just made their ultimatums clear up-front.

Then, after 30 days of interviewing and searching, Khan realized that no good head coaching candidate would accept the position with Baalke in sole control of personnel.  As such, he comes up with a compromise.  What if Baalke is still employed, but a VP of Football Operations (Spielman) would be put over him and would have final say over all personnel decisions?  They then go back to their first choice, Doug Pederson, to see if that is acceptable.  He agrees to a second interview and considers accepting a job.  

I fully admit this is speculation, but it is also speculation to assume that Leftwich was their first choice.  We don't know how many were not offered the job because they refused to work with Baalke.

(02-03-2022, 08:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s not it at all but I’m not shocked you can’t understand that.

Pederson is a fine candidate but they literally offered the job to Leftwich which means he was their first choice…. Not Pederson. They botched this whole situation and if Pederson doesn’t come here, they are unbelievably screwed.

This is about an owner who can’t make up his mind about what he wants. An owner who went on vacation in the middle of a HC search. An owner who most likely kept Leftwich in limbo the entire time which limited Leftwichs other opportunities.

If the get Pederson and Spielman, I’ll be fine with it. But a lot of people are disappointed in how this entire search went down and rightfully so.

I agree with much of what you said, but the portion in bold is not necessarily true.  We don't know what is said behind closed doors.  Leftwich may not have been their first choice.  They clearly offered him the job on the belief that he would work with Trent Baalke as GM.  Leftwich didn't reveal his ultimatum until after being offered the job.  Pederson may have been the Jaguars first choice as head coach but wasn't offered the job because he made his ultimatum clear during his first interview.  It could be ditto for 3 other coaches as well.  For all we know, Leftwich could have been their fifth choice.  Everyone else just made their ultimatums clear up-front.

Then, after 30 days of interviewing and searching, Khan realized that no good head coaching candidate would accept the position with Baalke in sole control of personnel.  As such, he comes up with a compromise.  What if Baalke is still employed, but a VP of Football Operations (Spielman) would be put over him and would have final say over all personnel decisions?  They then go back to their first choice, Doug Pederson, to see if that is acceptable.  He agrees to a second interview and considers accepting a job.  

I fully admit this is speculation, but it is also speculation to assume that Leftwich was their first choice.  We don't know how many were not offered the job because they refused to work with Baalke.
You could certainly be right.

What a [BLEEP] show.

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/14893...23878?s=21

(02-03-2022, 05:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:47 PM)Sibelius Wrote: He isn't alone in thinking this . . . several of the guys on 1010xl were saying the same thing, that they believed a good amount of Leftwich's following for the HC position came from him playing here.

Brady is from Jacksonville?

When the greatest QB ever endorses him, I tend to take it to heart.

Not many other NFL teams did.  Outside of Jacksonville, there are/were 8 NFL head coaching openings.  Only 1 interviewed him and 0 gave him a second interview.  I like Byron, but some on here act like he walked on water and was the greatest head coaching candidate of all time.  He got fairly minimal interest outside of Jacksonville.

(02-03-2022, 08:42 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Brady is from Jacksonville?

Not many other NFL teams did.  Outside of Jacksonville, there are/were 8 NFL head coaching openings.  Only 1 interviewed him and 0 gave him a second interview.  I like Byron, but some on here act like he walked on water and was the greatest head coaching candidate of all time.  He got fairly minimal interest outside of Jacksonville.

I wonder how many interviewed Bisaccia

(02-03-2022, 09:04 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 08:42 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Not many other NFL teams did.  Outside of Jacksonville, there are/were 8 NFL head coaching openings.  Only 1 interviewed him and 0 gave him a second interview.  I like Byron, but some on here act like he walked on water and was the greatest head coaching candidate of all time.  He got fairly minimal interest outside of Jacksonville.

I wonder how many interviewed Bisaccia

That would be a completely Baalke move . . . "See Shad? He's under the radar. No one else sees him. He's a VALUE PICK!!!!"

(02-03-2022, 09:06 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 09:04 PM)CSTblank Wrote: I wonder how many interviewed Bisaccia

That would be a completely Baalke move . . . "See Shad? He's under the radar. No one else sees him. He's a VALUE PICK!!!!"

Hes just the guy that's going to get canned next year.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Can't this thread be closed and posts sent to the HC candidate thread? This is painful.

(02-03-2022, 08:42 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Brady is from Jacksonville?

I agree, I do not understand the hype on Byron.  Many were saying hire him on Skin tone alone and that I find that extremely racist.  Yes he won a ring with the Goat and had a good year with Winston.  I do not believe OC to Head coach is an easy transition especially in this mess.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]