Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

lets go!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2022, 01:26 AM)JagDelRio Wrote: lets go!!

https://twitter.com/pfn365/status/148613...55618?s=21

Now we just need confirmation he’s bringing his own GM. Baalke gotta go!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 02:41 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 02:16 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Now we just need confirmation he’s bringing his own GM. Baalke gotta go!

That is the most important thing. Without a new GM, nothing changes, no matter who the new head coach is. You gotta cut out all the cancer or else it will keep coming back.

The gm is important but sometimes I think people are taking the importance a bit too far. Coaches and players will ultimately decide mostly the culture and what happens on the field. We don't know how this is going to work. Maybe BL will be heavily involved in the draft and free agency. We just don't know enough to judge.

I think this is jumping the gun a bit

(01-26-2022, 03:09 AM)MojoKing Wrote: I think this is jumping the gun a bit

It's been widely reported as happening. You'll get the confirmation in the morning, but yes, Byron is the new coach.

Exactly. Pro football network? I need another reliable source.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-26-2022, 03:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Exactly. Pro football network? I need another reliable source.

Dilla doesn't take [BLEEP] in the dark. He said it's a done deal and the other local beats have cited multiple sources as well. It's a done deal fellas.

If this is true, it is my deepest hope that he is given much more of a chance to succeed by the GM and the fans than he was given as a player.

I have my doubts over both propositions.

I know Jimmy Smith would love this move.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-26-2022, 03:21 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 03:19 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Exactly. Pro football network? I need another reliable source.

Dilla doesn't take [BLEEP] in the dark. He said it's a done deal and the other local beats have cited multiple sources as well. It's a done deal fellas.

jaguarmvloser doesn't believe anything until it's made into a youtube video for him to watch. You're wasting your time even responding to him.

Honestly, he probably just put you on his ignore/block list (welcome, half of the forum is on it already) because you don't agree with him.

Leftwich ? Wow

Very very nice

Now hopefully he doesnt go to any bars or kick any players

Eh. I like Byron, but not excited about him being our head coach. Seems like another experiment that this team loves to explore and usually fail at. I hope he does well, I was just wanting an experienced head coach to get us back on track.
Here we go again

I feel like this is the only hire that makes absolutely no sense outside of "oh he was our QB in the past"

What has he really done as a coach? nothing. Hope it works out but it's giving me the same feel as Meyer did last year. Too unknown.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 07:51 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

He wasn't my top guy or even 2nd choice. Hopefully he learned a lot from Brady these last couple years. I do think there is some positives in his hiring though

(01-26-2022, 07:35 AM)Preach Wrote: Eh. I like Byron, but not excited about him being our head coach. Seems like another experiment that this team loves to explore and usually fail at. I hope he does well, I was just wanting an experienced head coach to get us back on track.

I never get the “experiment” argument, every one interviewing for a head coach is an experiment or they would already be in a job. Some work some don’t it’s the nature of the business

Risky move but there's a chance it could work. Leftwich knows the game well, has coordinator experience and is a guy that could really help tutor Lawrence. Unfortunately I think this signals that Baalke is staying as GM.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think the odds of us getting Chris Godwin just went up

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 08:21 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 03:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote: If this is true, it is my deepest hope that he is given much more of a chance to succeed by the GM and the fans than he was given as a player.

I have my doubts over both propositions.

I know Jimmy Smith would love this move.

He got beat out by Garrard, he had his chance as a player.  Even when he got hurt and Garrard came in and payed good, they let Byron play the playoff game over Garrard who played better. He was a top 10 ick that wasn't very good