Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-26-2022, 11:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 10:41 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I see we have some common sense complications.  Dilla, gene, Harvey, etc all said done deal with some even citing Dillas sources as correct/confirmed.  Now the trolls come out spewing garbage like they have some sort of inside information/sources that confirmed otherwise.  Be adults and smart ones.  Stop pretending to be slow so we can have a respectable convo.

Almost every jags related source agreed and any decent business mind knows you never finalize without leverage.  Now we hear of a second interview with a former retread Jags coach who had rodgers, and we have to sit thru this bs and wait. 

If any of u think this makes sense outside of contract leverage with byron, u either agree with khan ruining this franchise or see some gem in hackett to say otherwise....Byron had winston n  brady and put up stats with both.  Who has hackett had and what did he do.  cancel out brady for byron and rodgers for hackett to make it fair and ill wait

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Both of them did some pretty impressive things with two less than impressive QB's at this level. Winston and Bortles were decently touted coming out of college. Winston more so because of the national title win. I think it's fair to say Winston was and still is a better QB than Bortles. 

So, to be fair? Leftwich has honestly worked with better QB's. Brady > Rodgers. Winston > Bortles. With that said. Hackett was also the QB coach here prior to taking the OC position. Outside of 2017 with that ridiculously loaded defense stacked against a suspect schedule with questionable QB's at that time? 

He did alright with Bortles. Ultimately. Leftwich > Hackett. Just being honest. Leftwich has at least played on Superbowl winning teams, he's been a player on a team of that caliber and he's now coached alongside one in a very, very prominent role. 

I like his approach to the game. I shared an article about this already in a different thread. They took a deep dive into his tendencies, his adjustments, his ability to compliment certain players when/if needed. 

Again, my biggest concern. Level of talent. Jacksonville is not Tampa Bay. Nowhere near it roster wise. I wouldn't mind Leftwich. I just think the expectations need to be fair. If you think he's coming in here to be a trail blazer with Baalke still in this building? I have no hope for you. Even if you think he's coming in and Baalke is ultimately cut loose? Man, it's a lot to figure out. 

I think you have to firmly commit to Leftwich for at least three years. Year one. Fix Lawrence. Build around Lawrence via FA and the draft. Year two. Establish legitimate consistency. Hover around a play-off spot. Year three. You have to make the play-offs. That would be my approach for now on with any new hire.

Had Meyer not behaved like Caligula? He would still have his job.
i completely agree with your assessment and hackett did do wonders with blake. It may just be my distaste for retread jags personnel regarding hackett, but i have to admit cullen did a good job this year and skewed the odds a little.
I want an offensive mind, and wanted eric B last year; but with the player reports etc. around Byron, Im willing to see what he can do.

Ive always felt thats the way any new or tenured coach rebuilding a team should handle it as far as 3 year progress with a Good QB. Its hard to take any other perspective seriously, especially looking at this team and our history. Its like expectations are set with the hope, we can recreate another teams success with a different roster, players, coaching tree, and in a new league/new year. U take the good with the bad and assess to negate the losses and in turn gain more success. Whether thats faster than expected, yr 2 turnaround or not, u compare progress at years end with original expectations/goals.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
Jagsordie - by JagsorDie - 01-26-2022, 07:59 PM
Cstblank - by CSTblank - 01-26-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Cstblank - by Jag88 - 01-26-2022, 09:16 PM
RE: Cstblank - by CSTblank - 01-26-2022, 09:25 PM
RE: Cstblank - by Jag88 - 01-26-2022, 10:38 PM
RE: Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!! - by JagsFansince1995 - 01-27-2022, 01:32 AM
Jagsordie - by JagsorDie - 01-27-2022, 12:40 PM
RE: Jagsordie - by TrivialPursuit - 01-27-2022, 12:42 PM
RE: Jagsordie - by jaguarmvp - 01-27-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: Jagsordie - by Khan Artist - 01-27-2022, 01:57 PM
RE: Jagsordie - by RicoTx - 01-27-2022, 01:58 PM
RE: Jagsordie - by jagibelieve - 01-27-2022, 05:41 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-27-2022, 05:43 PM
Jagsordie - by JagsorDie - 01-29-2022, 03:31 AM
tomfin2022 - by tomfin2022 - 01-29-2022, 07:22 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 02-01-2022, 12:29 PM
tomfin2022 - by tomfin2022 - 02-03-2022, 12:56 PM
RE: tomfin2022 - by Sibelius - 02-03-2022, 01:03 PM