Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice Breyer to Retire

Just read about it on Reddit.

Will it be enough time for McConnell to make up some fake rule to get what he wants for his party because he doesn't care about Democracy?   

Go find your own link.  You've probably scene it already anyway.
s
;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They will confirm.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 12:53 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 09:51 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Just read about it on Reddit.

Will it be enough time for McConnell to make up some fake rule to get what he wants for his party because he doesn't care about Democracy?   

Aww. Do you need a hug?

I think it’s safe to say Biden will pick this candidate using the same stringent criteria for competency and ability he used to pick his Vice President; skin color and gender. His first selection is an utter embarrassment. Let’s hope the label method works better for his SCOTUS pick.

(01-27-2022, 12:01 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: They will confirm.
Could be interesting because they may not have a tiebreaker.

Also news that he wasn't happy with the leak, so who knows if he is even retiring or when.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(01-27-2022, 12:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:51 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Just read about it on Reddit.

Aww. Do you need a hug?

I think it’s safe to say Biden will pick this candidate using the same stringent criteria for competency and ability he used to pick his Vice President; skin color and gender. His first selection is an utter embarrassment. Let’s hope the label method works better for his SCOTUS pick.

Likely the pick will be the same person.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-27-2022, 06:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 12:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Aww. Do you need a hug?

“We’re giving the opinions we need to be giving.”

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 09:21 AM by mikesez.)

(01-27-2022, 06:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 12:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Aww. Do you need a hug?

No way.  Mitch would go easy on putting Harris on the bench, but then he would make it impossible to confirm a new VP.  That way they have a chance for Kevin McCarthy to take over before Biden's term ends. Biden wouldn't play into his hands like that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

On paper, Harris looked like a good choice for VP. Too bad it turns out she has very little charisma or collegiality. On paper it looks like Biden has a couple of solid choices to replace Breyer. Judges rarely speak in public so someone who looks good on paper is probably good.

If they use the same criteria for SC justice as they did for VP we are in trouble.

(01-26-2022, 09:51 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Go find your own link.  You've probably scene it already anyway.

I didn't sea it.

(01-27-2022, 10:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they use the same criteria for SC justice as they did for VP we are in trouble.

Brandon already said that his nomination is going to go to a black female.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-27-2022, 10:12 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they use the same criteria for SC justice as they did for VP we are in trouble.

Brandon already said that his nomination is going to go to a black female.

Wallbash

(01-27-2022, 09:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: On paper, Harris looked like a good choice for VP.  Too bad it turns out she has very little charisma or collegiality.  On paper it looks like Biden has a couple of solid choices to replace Breyer.  Judges rarely speak in public so someone who looks good on paper is probably good.

You forgot to add she’s a stone cold idiot who worked her way up by throwing her heels in the air. She’s never been challenged by the fawning media and was absolutely gutted in the debates by a real thinking woman. She didn’t look good on paper or real life. Her only qualifying attributes, as per Joe Biden, is her dark skin and [BLEEP].

I don't think Harris could be the pick because she can't break the tie right? Doesn't she have to step down?

Then no VP would be confirmed unless the Rinos give in.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-27-2022, 10:19 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I don't think Harris could be the pick because she can't break the tie right? Doesn't she have to step down?

Then no VP would be confirmed unless the Rinos give in.

Exactly.

This one should be a slam dunk for biden and the Democrats.

(01-28-2022, 02:11 AM)Jag88 Wrote: This one should be a slam dunk for biden and the Democrats.

No doubt. This was an intentional gift from Breyer.

Dems will attempt to nominate the most radical activist minority candidate they can offer. That's the way they roll now.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-28-2022, 11:05 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Dems will attempt to nominate the most radical activist minority candidate they can offer. That's the way they roll now.
Stacy Abrams has a sister