Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cullen out as DC

I wanted to retain Cullen but Ooooh Well. Good luck Sir on your new adventures.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fire the only good coach so Indy can pick him up and upgrade their defense

Would have hoped the new head coach would make the decision whether to retain Cullen and the other coaches.

Can't blame him for wanting out when the Jags are still looking for a coach this late. If they don't leave now most coaches won't have jobs next season.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 09:48 AM by Mikey.)

(02-02-2022, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 09:34 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Per multiple tweets…..

Indifferent about him.  The Defense was average.  We had a couple of good games but the entire body of work was lackluster.

The hits keep comin'.

To take miserable to average takes some effort. Had to completely retool his scheme to fit miscast picks, was stuck starting Wingard for 75% of the season, I mean come the heck on.

(02-03-2022, 08:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fire the only good coach so Indy can pick him up and upgrade their defense

hypothetical:

Would you prefer to retain Cullen if it means we keep the whole gang together (Baalke, Bevell, Schotty, Cullen, et al.) for another season or more?

(02-03-2022, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Indifferent about him.  The Defense was average.  We had a couple of good games but the entire body of work was lackluster.

The hits keep comin'.

To take miserable to average takes some effort. Had to completely retool his scheme to fit miscast picks, was stuck starting Wingard for 75% of the season, I mean come the heck on.

(02-03-2022, 08:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fire the only good coach so Indy can pick him up and upgrade their defense

hypothetical:

Would you prefer to retain Cullen if it means we keep the whole gang together (Baalke, Bevell, Schotty, Cullen, et al.) for another season or more?
No

(02-03-2022, 08:22 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Would have hoped the new head coach would make the decision whether to retain Cullen and the other coaches.

The new head coach might have done so, if Shad would get off his heiney and make a decision.
I don't fault any coach currently in limbo seeking out a more certain position elsewhere, even if it's a lateral move. You've been hanging in this balance for over a month, and in a week or so, all the other spots are also going to be full, and you either take a demotion, spend a year unemployed, or magically find an opening that appears out of the ether.

(02-03-2022, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Indifferent about him.  The Defense was average.  We had a couple of good games but the entire body of work was lackluster.

The hits keep comin'.

hypothetical:

Absolutelty!!!

(02-03-2022, 10:40 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote: The hits keep comin'.

hypothetical:

Absolutelty!!!

lol

Thought Cullen did the best a man can do under the circumstances. How far until we hit the bottom? My father used to say, “ It ain’t the fall that kills ya, it’s that sudden stop.”

I’m just waiting for that sudden stop.

Are the other defensive coaches under contract?  Given that we are so late it in finding a head coach, I would at least consider retaining some of them.  Our other options may be limited.

I can't think of an offensive coach that I would retain.

(02-03-2022, 11:35 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Are the other defensive coaches under contract?  Given that we are so late it in finding a head coach, I would at least consider retaining some of them.  Our other options may be limited.

I can't think of an offensive coach that I would retain.

Agreed. I don't see much from that offensive coaching staff worth keeping - maybe Schotty?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]