Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did Jack even play?

Quote:Why aren't Jack and Smith the starting OLB's? I realize Jack was getting MLB reps in preseason but he's not going to be the starter over Poz until Poz is retired or off the team. 
Because for some reason we want Skuta to play this dumb thing called the "otto." Any system that has Skuta on the field over Jack is broken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dan Skuta did nothing today. All the more reasons why Jack should be playing. At the very least he can make the tackles that CYPRIEN CAN'T DO FOR SOME REASON.

Jack and Skuta don't play the same position.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Because for some reason we want Skuta to play this dumb thing called the "otto." Any system that has Skuta on the field over Jack is broken.

Agreed. This defensive system is junk if it can't put both Smith and Jack on the field at the same time.

Quote:Jack and Skuta don't play the same position.
No, they don't. Skuta shouldn't even have a position if it means sitting Jack in lieu of him. Even if it means getting rid of the stupid otto.

Quote:Jack and Skuta don't play the same position.
Everyone has been screaming about how this team needs more playmakers and better athletes. Jags finally get a talented LB and he sits the whole game behind Skuta?!

GTFO

Quote:Because for some reason we want Skuta to play this dumb thing called the "otto." Any system that has Skuta on the field over Jack is broken.

I'm fine with the Otto, but Skuta over Jack? Come on.

Ya'll ever think that, just maybe, Jack isn't ready? He's not that far removed from a knee injury and he's a rookie. I'm sure he'll be in the lineup eventually, but they were saying all week he wasn't likely to play much. This shouldn't be a surprise.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm fine with the Otto, but Skuta over Jack? Come on.
Jack would play it better than Skuta of that I have no doubts. I am curious though...did they just play 3 LBs the whole game? I don't remember any other LBs coming in either

Quote:Ya'll ever think that, just maybe, Jack isn't ready? He's not that far removed from a knee injury and he's a rookie. I'm sure he'll be in the lineup eventually, but they were saying all week he wasn't likely to play much. This shouldn't be a surprise.
Jack is ready to be put in over Skuta, yes

Did anyone see Sheldon Day out there?

Quote:Jack would play it better than Skuta of that I have no doubts. I am curious though...did they just play 3 LBs the whole game? I don't remember any other LBs coming in either

They played nickel most of the game. When Skuta was in it was mostly on the line in pass rush.

Quote:Did anyone see Sheldon Day out there?
Yes I saw him in the second half

Quote:Did anyone see Sheldon Day out there?
Yeah I noticed him a couple of times

Quote:Jack is ready to be put in over Skuta, yes

Jack isn't coming in for Skuta. Do you want him instead of Telvin? Because that's the only position he's ready to play right now.

Quote:They played nickel most of the game. When Skuta was in it was mostly on the line in pass rush.
You're right for sure but Skuta, to me anyways, isnt very good at that either. I know Jack is a rookie and not experienced but I still would've like to see him take the field. Maybe just once.

Quote:Jack isn't coming in for Skuta. Do you want him instead of Telvin? Because that's the only position he's ready to play right now.
I disagree about his readiness. I want to see him on the field with Telvin. How about seeing him on the field just once?

Quote:You're right for sure but Skuta, to me anyways, isnt very good at that either. I know Jack is a rookie and not experienced but I still would've like to see him take the field. Maybe just once.

I agree and want him in as well. I just wasn't expecting it today after all the talk this week.

Truthfully it was seeing Skuta get shook on a couple of plays that, to me, Jack makes the tackle. That made it stick out worse than it was perhaps

Quote:He was on special teams. I saw him.

We needed him on defense.