Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts potentially interested in Minshew

Gardner could potentially be coming back to our division.  https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-potentia...r-minshew/

QB-needy teams could do worse.  I think he's as good as many of the retread names being floated and maybe better.  Of course, I think the Eagles should keep him.  I'm in no way sold on Hurts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he's the best of the Mariota and Trubisky level QBs in all honesty. Pittsburgh would be interesting spot for him as well.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 01:44 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Colts would only be interested if they couldn't land the primary QB(s) on their wish list. He's not on their primary listing.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I truly hope Minshew becomes the starting QB for the Colts.

I hope the Colts don't sign Minshew. I hope he goes to the Steelers

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 01:58 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-13-2022, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I truly hope Minshew becomes the starting QB for the Colts.
Why?

(03-13-2022, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hope the Colts don't sign Minshew. I hope he goes to the Steelers

The Steelers?

Behind that o-line?

What did Minshew ever do to you?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I truly hope Minshew becomes the starting QB for the Colts.
Why?

(03-13-2022, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hope the Colts don't sign Minshew. I hope he goes to the Steelers

The Steelers?

Behind that o-line?

Because I don't think Minshew is any better than Wentz.

(03-13-2022, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why?

The Steelers?

Behind that o-line?

I think he has a better feel for the game and better intangibles.  There have been whispers in Philly and Indy that Wentz lacks leadership qualities.  Wentz is physically more talented, but Minshew might be better.

The Colts need the worst QB possible.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Minshew might make sense for New Orleans.  Jameis Winston is a free agent, and the Saints are in salary cap hell.  Minshew has a very low salary.  I have trouble seeing another team making him a starter.

(03-12-2022, 07:09 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Gardner could potentially be coming back to our division.  https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-potentia...r-minshew/

QB-needy teams could do worse.  I think he's as good as many of the retread names being floated and maybe better.  Of course, I think the Eagles should keep him.  I'm in no way sold on Hurts.

He'd be a good fit for a West Coast offense, where he can complete a ton of high-percentage passes like he did in the Air Raid system. He should avoid cold weather teams like Pittsburgh.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

The Steelers?

Behind that o-line?

No, of course he's not.  The Colts didn't get rid of Wentz because he was terrible.  Even though he does shrink in big moments, he has real skill.  They got rid of him because Irsay was throwing a fit that they lost to the Jags to miss the playoffs!  So they didn't move off Wentz in order to get Minshew.  But in a market where they may not be able to make a trade for a good qb, Minshew is as good an option as these other free agents.  And he has that charisma...
Fix the O-Line!

Another trade target off the market for qb-needy teams.  KirK Cousins signs a 1 year extention.   https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...thwOwfnd5Q
Fix the O-Line!

The Steelers?

Behind that o-line?

The problem with Wentz is you never know what version of him you are going to get. When he's at his best he's better the Minshew but when he's his worst he's Blane Gabbert levels of bad. In my opinion he plays close to the bad side more often then not.

Minshew is more consistent.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I see a lot of Joe Montana in Minshew.

Not the strongest, not the best arm, kinda small... but he was an athlete that could win.

No way he would have laid the stinker Wentz did in that last game.

(03-14-2022, 10:59 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I see a lot of Joe Montana in Minshew.

Not the strongest, not the best arm, kinda small... but he was an athlete that could win.

No way he would have laid the stinker Wentz did in that last game.

I'd say I see a lot of Frank Reich in him. Good mind, decent arm, will get you a win or two in a pinch, but you still want a Jim Kelly to be taking the bulk of your snaps.

I think Montana is far and away a better QB than the shew has been thusfar. That said, he's not had a Bill Walsh catering an offense to his skillset, either.

because they are so similar, though, I do fear that Reich would be able to connect with him and get way more production out of him than most other vacancies.

Maybe we can hope Philly trades Hurts instead? heheheheheeh

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2022, 02:57 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Minshew looks really accurate a lot of the time. Remember when he came in week 1 vrs the chiefs that first year as a rookie and lit it up. He didnt look good in the jags preseason games BEFORE he got traded, but that's probably because of the pressure of knowing he would not win the job no matter what because of tlaw. I dont think he will get a starting job unless someone gets hurt and then he will have to light it up and never give the job back.

(03-16-2022, 02:56 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Minshew looks really accurate a lot of the time. Remember when he came in week 1 vrs the chiefs that first year as a rookie and lit it up.  He didnt look good in the jags preseason games BEFORE he got traded, but that's probably because of the pressure of knowing he would not win the job no matter what because of tlaw. I dont think he will get a starting job unless someone gets hurt and then he will have to light it up and never give the job back.

What are the Colts options really?  Mariota.  Dalton.  Winston. Cam.  Maybe trade for Baker, but I'm not sure how.  Out of all those guys who would you rather have?  Winston may be the only one I'd take over Gardner.  And if the Saints don't get Watson, they'll scoop up Winston.
Fix the O-Line!

(03-16-2022, 09:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 02:56 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Minshew looks really accurate a lot of the time. Remember when he came in week 1 vrs the chiefs that first year as a rookie and lit it up.  He didnt look good in the jags preseason games BEFORE he got traded, but that's probably because of the pressure of knowing he would not win the job no matter what because of tlaw. I dont think he will get a starting job unless someone gets hurt and then he will have to light it up and never give the job back.

What are the Colts options really?  Mariota.  Dalton.  Winston. Cam.  Maybe trade for Baker, but I'm not sure how.  Out of all those guys who would you rather have?  Winston may be the only one I'd take over Gardner.  And if the Saints don't get Watson, they'll scoop up Winston.

Jimmy G might be in that mix, too.

Personally, I think they should give Curtis Painter another go.

I don't really care where he goes, as long he gets out of Philly. Those horrible fans don't deserve a guy like Minshew.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 10:36 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-22-2022, 11:51 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: I don't really care where he goes, as long he gets out of Philly.  Those horrible fans don't deserve a guy like Minshew.

WELP. It looks like he may be staying in Philly because he's definately not going to play for the Colts.

NH3...
"AZANE"