Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sign Greg Hardy NOW.. UPDATE - Arrested for cocaine possession.

Quote:Would you do it if he could get us 15?

I'd have to say yes to that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not gonna wring my hands and pray to whatever entity, but I wouldn't be opposed either
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I just sold lemonade to a Jaguars FO member, they're in talks with Hardy.

Quote:I just sold lemonade to a Jaguars FO member, they're in talks with Hardy.

Are you being serious?

Quote:Are you being serious?

Stop picking on me!!!

Quote:Just curious, because I didn't wake up this morning to read that Greg Hardy was visiting Jacksonville today:

Does anyone think that "pride" can get in the way of signing Hardy? Did not signing him earlier signify that we were built, and had done our homework, and made all of the signings that we thought we needed to make? If the Jags were attempting to sign him now, does that indicate that they were "wrong" and had not been as prepared as they should have been? If so, it leaves room for speculation that the coaches erred in their judgement. And no one's pride likes to admit that. In order to save face, the Jags might want to say that they are happy with what they have now, and are just trying to get guys to develop. Or, they could admit that they were off in their calculations, and sign Hardy, and try to win a championship now.

Hell yeah it does... I believe Caldwell is very prideful, one of the reason Joeckel still here..

Quote:Would you do it if he could get us 15?

Absolutely. That's not the case though and I think you would agree.

Quote:I hope Fowler becomes what he was drafted to be. The pass rush has sucked since 2006!

Even back then it wasn't anything great. The last time we had any type of defensive line was Paul Spicer, Reggie Heyward, and Jeremy Mincey... and I don't think any of those guys got double digit sacks.

Quote:Stop picking on me!!!
You can't tell him not to pick on you.

Quote:Just curious, because I didn't wake up this morning to read that Greg Hardy was visiting Jacksonville today:

Does anyone think that "pride" can get in the way of signing Hardy? Did not signing him earlier signify that we were built, and had done our homework, and made all of the signings that we thought we needed to make? If the Jags were attempting to sign him now, does that indicate that they were "wrong" and had not been as prepared as they should have been? If so, it leaves room for speculation that the coaches erred in their judgement. And no one's pride likes to admit that. In order to save face, the Jags might want to say that they are happy with what they have now, and are just trying to get guys to develop. Or, they could admit that they were off in their calculations, and sign Hardy, and try to win a championship now.

I don't think it has anything to do with pride, but everything to do with Greg Hardy being a bad person. Just look at eyes, no emotion, he comes off as a stone cold psychopath. 

Quote:I don't think it has anything to do with pride, but everything to do with Greg Hardy being a bad person. Just look at eyes, no emotion, he comes off as a stone cold psychopath.

Exactly...sign him now and unleash him on the Chargers this Sunday.

Quote:Exactly...sign him now and unleash him on the Chargers this Sunday.

The problem with that scenario is that he will spend about 5x as much time in the Jacksonville Locker Room / Practice Field than he will with any of the opposition. 

You're not turning him loose on the opponents, you're turning him loose on the Jaguars.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The problem with that scenario is that he will spend about 5x as much time in the Jacksonville Locker Room / Practice Field than he will with any of the opposition.

You're not turning him loose on the opponents, you're turning him loose on the Jaguars.

Great post Deacon

I think if the pass rush struggles against the Chargers, Ravens, and Colts, then bringing him in during the bye week makes the most sense. Let the media have their circus on a week where we don't play.

Quote:The problem with that scenario is that he will spend about 5x as much time in the Jacksonville Locker Room / Practice Field than he will with any of the opposition.

Idk, it's only been 1 game so far, but the pass rush looks a little...suspect. Obviously Hardy has been a problem in the past. Can't he be brought in, and be instructed on the terms/expectations of his personal behavior, and cut if fails to adhere? It's a gamble obviously, but his presence on the field could be the difference in a team that has a marginal record versus a team that goes to the playoffs and beyond.

Quote:Idk, it's only been 1 game so far, but the pass rush looks a little...suspect. Obviously Hardy has been a problem in the past. Can't he be brought in, and be instructed on the terms/expectations of his personal behavior, and cut if fails to adhere? It's a gamble obviously, but his presence on the field could be the difference in a team that has a marginal record versus a team that goes to the playoffs and beyond.

My rebuttal:

Didn't seem to help Dallas' record very much last season.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:My rebuttal:

Didn't seem to help Dallas' record very much last season.

Agreed. Sometimes the learning curve (behaviorly speaking) is a longer process. Maybe not being signed and the thought of no one taking him on creates a behavioral change. I dunno.

Good call for suggesting we race out and sign this piece of garbage.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17646...arge-texas

Yeah. He's not coming here...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Idiot
Have you seen my baseball?