Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack to be released?

Reunited with Joe Shoebert.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He always played well against Pittsburgh so I guess their hoping he will play well for them.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

The guy does not suck. What ever the case, hes a steeler now.

Wish him all the best. He was the last great selection of Caldwell's from that class. Honestly, not his fault this coaching staff as well as the prior coaching staff paid him to play out of position. He'll probably end up having a solid season in Pittsburgh with Watt and Heyward.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 09:25 AM by Mikey.)

(03-16-2022, 06:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 12:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: When he was entering the draft, there was a lot of talk about Jack having a degenerative knee issue that would shorten his career.  That issue pushed him down into the 2nd round.  Last year, he had a knee issue that kept him out of a lot of practices.  I wonder if it was the same knee, and if so, if the Jags saw the handwriting on the wall, that that knee problem is only going to get worse.

I heard Sexton opine on Drive Time that cutting Jack and signing Oluokon might indicate a switch back to a base 43.  Oesher agreed.  I'm not sure that registers.  But I think they upgraded MLB/ILB either way.  Love Jack.  But he peaked.  And if that knee is becoming more of an issue, I think they made the logical move.

I don't know how either of those dinguses (dingi?) could come to that conclusion, since Jack is 1000% better suited to play in a 4-3. If we are converting, why the urgency to kick him to the curb?

But, no matter how dumb they may be, fans tune in, they sell their ads, and get to keep on doin what they do.

(03-16-2022, 06:18 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Myles to the steelers. Good luck to him.

bwahahaha JoScho and Jack are their LB

Duval North!

The Steelers cut Schobert.

(03-17-2022, 11:37 AM)Upper Wrote: The Steelers cut Schobert.

inb4 a new thread to re-sign him

He's signing with the Steelers just in time for them to disappear from contention for 20+ years and lose their heritage team status.

(03-19-2022, 10:01 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's signing with the Steelers just in time for them to disappear from contention for 20+ years and lose their heritage team status.

With all the moves in that division, the Steelers should be bottom dwellers for the immediate future. Cincinnati got better with the additions to the O-Line, Cleveland got better with a new QB and WR, Baltimore didn't get any worse and Pittsburgh is still looking for a franchise QB, o-line help and several upgrades on defense.

Said going all out signing Jack

I could see them rolling the dice with Trubisky this year and laying in the weeds to draft Bryce Young next year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Poor shubert

(03-19-2022, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Said going all out signing Jack

It was a dumb headline. Which is no shock from "fansided" sites as they will let anyone submit articles that can string together 5 coherent sentences and be OK with not getting paid.

(03-19-2022, 10:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 10:01 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's signing with the Steelers just in time for them to disappear from contention for 20+ years and lose their heritage team status.

With all the moves in that division, the Steelers should be bottom dwellers for the immediate future. Cincinnati got better with the additions to the O-Line, Cleveland got better with a new QB and WR, Baltimore didn't get any worse and Pittsburgh is still looking for a franchise QB, o-line help and several upgrades on defense.

Yep, browns and bengals going to run that division for the next 10-15 years. What's going to happen to all of the steelers "fans" when they go 10+ years without making the playoffs?