Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue

(06-04-2022, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Viking are happy they traded a 2nd and a 4th for Yawn for less than a years of service?  Lmao, the Ravems and Raiders dumped him pretty quick as well.  Those teams could of kept him if they thought he was worth it. You are reaching for any comment you can to try to make your argument and you haven't came up with a good one yet lol.  That tweet from Tom P. is all we have, he's a NFL reporter, what do you have to back up your made up thoughts on the situation?  Nothing lol.  If those reports were false there isn't any doubt Yawn and his agent would of came out and said they were false.  Cmon man think!  They wanted teams tonknow what they were looking for it just didn't turn out the way they planned because he wasn't worth close to that.  The main reason Yawn fired his [BLEEP] lol

Again - inaccurate.

The vikes gave a 2nd and a 5th. They received a 3rd and a 5th for him when they moved on.
While there he recorded a sack in each of his 5 starts plus 12 pressures, 4 QB knockdowns, and 2 forced fumbles. (5 starts, one partial game) Not bad.

The vikings (as referenced earlier in thread multiple times) didn't have the necessary rotational pieces to utilize him as a situational rusher only so they went a different way. 
Sure they may not feel "happy" about it, but he was producing as a pass rusher for them. They just didn't have the luxury of using their DE that way exclusively. 

Baltimore thought they did, so they gave it a shot as well. A team on it's way to the playoffs saw an opportunity to pair Calais Campbell with his former teammate and try to recapture some of the magic they had together in Jax. 
Different scheme, different usage, didn't work out as well as they hoped, but it got them into the postseason. 
I doubt they shed any tears one way or the other. It wasn't a crazy investment. 

The Raiders got what they paid for in Ngakoue in year one and then some, but it was a Mayock/Gruden regime then. New coach, new GM, new defensive scheme and a DC who prioritizes size on his DL. 
More 3-4 in a multiple system makes Ngakoue a bad fit for the scheme and clearly not a philosophical fit for the traits Patrick Graham wants on his DLs. 

This stuff is all very benign. There was no abject failure at any of his stops that resulted in disgruntled employers shipping him off in a cloud of drama or disappointment. Just football business decisions. 

If the colts get from him what the '21 raiders did, they'll be happy indeed.
So all those teams are content or happy with what they got out of him and moved on rather quickly?  What about us?  I think we did the best as to what we got out of him on his rookie deal, even offered way more than his market on am extension and he didn't like it so we got good value out of him and he has been passed around since lol.  But we messed up?  Comical lol.  You and Bullseye would of been happy if we made him the highest paid DE I'm just thankfully we didn't and his last few teams has showed his value with what he is making.  We have made enough mistakes and I'm glad we didn't make that one

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 06:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-04-2022, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Viking are happy they traded a 2nd and a 4th for Yawn for less than a years of service?  Lmao, the Ravems and Raiders dumped him pretty quick as well.  Those teams could of kept him if they thought he was worth it. You are reaching for any comment you can to try to make your argument and you haven't came up with a good one yet lol.  That tweet from Tom P. is all we have, he's a NFL reporter, what do you have to back up your made up thoughts on the situation?  Nothing lol.  If those reports were false there isn't any doubt Yawn and his agent would of came out and said they were false.  Cmon man think!  They wanted teams tonknow what they were looking for it just didn't turn out the way they planned because he wasn't worth close to that.  The main reason Yawn fired his [BLEEP] lol

Again - inaccurate.

The vikes gave a 2nd and a 5th. They received a 3rd and a 5th for him when they moved on.
While there he recorded a sack in each of his 5 starts plus 12 pressures, 4 QB knockdowns, and 2 forced fumbles. (5 starts, one partial game) Not bad.

The vikings (as referenced earlier in thread multiple times) didn't have the necessary rotational pieces to utilize him as a situational rusher only so they went a different way. 
Sure they may not feel "happy" about it, but he was producing as a pass rusher for them. They just didn't have the luxury of using their DE that way exclusively. 

Baltimore thought they did, so they gave it a shot as well. A team on it's way to the playoffs saw an opportunity to pair Calais Campbell with his former teammate and try to recapture some of the magic they had together in Jax. 
Different scheme, different usage, didn't work out as well as they hoped, but it got them into the postseason. 

The Raiders got what they paid for in Ngakoue in year one and then some, but it was a Mayock/Gruden regime then. New coach, new GM, new defensive scheme and a DC who prioritizes size on his DL. 
More 3-4 in a multiple system makes Ngakoue a bad fit for the scheme and clearly not a philosophical fit for the traits Patrick Graham wants on his DLs. 

This stuff is all very benign. There was no abject failure at any of his stops that resulted in disgruntled employers shipping him off in a cloud of drama or disappointment. Just football business decisions. 

Some of this could be right but you left out the most important parts.  These teams were bringing in a good young pass rusher and thought he was part of the future until they seen the liability he brings and realizedhe wasnt worth it and they cleaned their hands of him pretty quickly.  The same reason he wasn't a hot FA.  He is a huge liability in one aspect of the game.  With that said he could be a issue in the locker room, I'm not sure about that.  A lot think pass rusher is the 2nd most important position an football and most teams haven't even really looked his way or tried to bring him in.

Again - inaccurate.

Some of this could be right but you left out the most important parts.  These teams were bringing in a good young pass rusher and thought he was part of the future until they seen the liability he brings and realizedhe wasnt worth it and they cleaned their hands of him pretty quickly.  The same reason he wasn't a hot FA.  He is a huge liability in one aspect of the game.  With that said he could be a issue in the locker room, I'm not sure about that.  A lot think pass rusher is the 2nd most important position an football and most teams haven't even really looked his way or tried to bring him in.

(06-04-2022, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Again - inaccurate.

So all those teams are content or happy with what they got out of him and moved on rather quickly?  What about us?  I think we did the best as to what we got out of him on his rookie deal, even offered way more than his market on am extension and he didn't like it so we got good value out of him and he has been passed around since lol.  But we messed up?  Comical lol.  You and Bullseye would of been happy if we made him the highest paid DE I'm just thankfully we didn't and his last few teams has showed his value with what he is making.  We have made enough mistakes and I'm glad we didn't make that one

You have got to be the worst person here to TRY to make a point.

Carry on...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-04-2022, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Again - inaccurate.

All of it is right. 

Clearly you either didn't read my posts, or you don't understand what you read. 

I addressed this overblown run defense thing thoroughly. 

His run defense is not an issue when he's used situationally in the right scheme. (It wasn't a big deal in Jax when they finally had the pieces around him to take him off the field more often in obvious run situations)
One team did not have the luxury of using him that way (vikings) - another team found he wasn't a scheme fit (Baltimore) and he was a great fit at the third team until they changed their entire regime and defensive scheme. (raiders)

You've attempted to make way too much out of his play vs the run in almost every post and I've repeatedly addressed it. Try to keep up.

(06-04-2022, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...

Putting words in my mouth isn't going to help you here. 
I've never said any such thing. 

And again, stop pretending you know what he was offered. 

We don't know any real numbers, we don't know any terms, we don't know contract length, we don't know out clause potential, we don't know guaranteed amounts. It's very possible that his one year on the tag after being traded + the 26 million guaranteed in his new contract far exceeds what the Jags were offering in guaranteed money. 

(it's a  total of 38 million BTW)

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 07:29 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-04-2022, 07:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So all those teams are content or happy with what they got out of him and moved on rather quickly?  What about us?  I think we did the best as to what we got out of him on his rookie deal, even offered way more than his market on am extension and he didn't like it so we got good value out of him and he has been passed around since lol.  But we messed up?  Comical lol.  You and Bullseye would of been happy if we made him the highest paid DE I'm just thankfully we didn't and his last few teams has showed his value with what he is making.  We have made enough mistakes and I'm glad we didn't make that one

Putting words in my mouth isn't going to help you here. 

We don't know any real numbers, we don't know any terms, we don't know contract length, we don't know out clause potential, we don't know guaranteed amounts. It's very possible that his one year on the tag after being traded + the 26 million guaranteed in his new contract far exceeds what the Jags were offering in guaranteed money. 

We do know what was offered. 
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...rqbtMlJHwA

Quit pretending like you have a clue when you don't.  I'll take Tom P. (NFL reporter for NFL Network) word when Yawn's camp didn't say it was false over your guesses anyday.   Hint:  it's because they wanted other teams to know what they were looking for.  He would of been top 4 highest paid DE and 50 mil+ over the first 2 years is pretty good.  If yall think we should of offered more at what point is to much? You didn't say you would make him the highest paid DE but top 4 wasn't enough and you would of gave more. So we should of went higher than top 4 money, you would of gave him top 2 or 3 but not of made home the highest paid DE?

(06-04-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 07:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Putting words in my mouth isn't going to help you here. 

We do know what was offered. 

Quit pretending like you have a clue when you don't.  I'll take Tom P. (NFL reporter for NFL Network) word when Yawn's camp didn't say it was false over your guesses anyday.   Hint:  it's because they wanted other teams to know what they were looking for.  He would of been top 4 highest paid DE and 50 mil+ over the first 2 years is pretty good.  If yall think we should of offered more at what point is to much?

Oh yeah? 

We KNOW? 

What was the guaranteed number offered? 

How much was incentive based? 

What was the length of the contract? 

At what point in the contract could the Jags opt out? 

I'll wait.

(hint - you don't know any of this - you know what the jags leaked and it is very incomplete information)

(06-04-2022, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We do know what was offered. 

Quit pretending like you have a clue when you don't.  I'll take Tom P. (NFL reporter for NFL Network) word when Yawn's camp didn't say it was false over your guesses anyday.   Hint:  it's because they wanted other teams to know what they were looking for.  He would of been top 4 highest paid DE and 50 mil+ over the first 2 years is pretty good.  If yall think we should of offered more at what point is to much?

Oh yeah? 

We KNOW? 

I'll wait.

(hint - you don't know any of this - you know what the jags leaked and it is very incomplete information)

Can you show me where the Jags camp leaked this?  It could of very well been Yawns camp.  Maybe I'm wrong be I'm sure you can show me?

(06-04-2022, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh yeah? 

We KNOW? 

I'll wait.

Can you show me where the Jags camp leaked this?  It could of very well been Yawns camp.  Maybe I'm wrong be I'm sure you can show me?

I asked you 4 questions.

No answer, I take it. 

Here's another question for you:
Why in the world would the player's camp leak a contract detail that makes the player look stupid and his agent look incompetent?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 08:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-04-2022, 08:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Can you show me where the Jags camp leaked this?  It could of very well been Yawns camp.  Maybe I'm wrong be I'm sure you can show me?

I asked you 4 questions.

No answer, I take it. 

Why in the world would the player's camp leak a contract detail that makes the player look stupid and his agent look incompetent?
It was 50+ in the first 2 years, that means it was at least a 3 year deal.  Thats what we know

How does that make the player look stupid and his agent incompetent leaking out the type of contractthey are looking for?  So are you saying he wasnt worth that now lol? Some thought we should of gave him more than that.  If those numbers were false don't you think Yawn or his agent would of came out and said so?  They thought he was a 20+ mil per year player but he wasn't and they overvalued him, once again why he fired his agent.  He was getting horrible advice from his agent on what his value was.

(06-04-2022, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 08:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I asked you 4 questions.

No answer, I take it. 

It was 50+ in the first 2 years, that means it was at least a 3 year deal.  Thats what we know

How does that make the player look stupid and his agent incompetent leaking out the type of contractthey are looking for?  So are you saying he wasnt worth that now lol? Some thought we should of gave him more than that.  If those numbers were false don't you think Yawn or his agent would of came out and said so?  They thought he was a 20+ mil per year player but he wasn't and they overvalued him, once again why he fired his agent.  He was getting horrible advice from his agent on what his value was.

50 million guaranteed?  Again we don't know. 

19 per year guaranteed, or attainable through incentive?  Again we don't know. 

Three year deal means nothing if the team has an out clause after one or two years and a 3 year deal is insulting to a player with his production and age at the time.  Why do you keep ignoring all of this? 

Why are you so certain about leaked numbers that are unconfirmed? 

Turning down that money looks bad because it was more than a fair amount if accurate and if the deal wasn't lopsided with sketchy terms. 
They didn't refute the leak because they had already shut down negotiations 3 weeks before that leak was tweeted. They were done and awaiting a trade. If you want a team to trade for you, you'd want them to think you're worth 19 mil per year. You wouldn't say  "They never offered me that much money!"

(06-04-2022, 12:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 12:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: That's EXACTKY what they did!  They drafted the WORST they could find in Chaisson.  They got 2 sacks out of him in 2 seasons...nowhere CLOSE to Yan's productivity, even if you think Ngakoue is the absolute worst run defender in the league.  Then this year they spent the #1 overall pick on a guy who hasn't played edge rusher, and who had less than 10 career sacks on an absolutely loaded Georgia team.

But you're going to tell me getting rid of Yan had nothing to do with poor draft decisions and the team having the worst record in the league for two years running?!?

Seriously?!?

I'm talking about Walker, Dave drafted for need, that was his problem.  That will get one fired every time.  Dave was a bad drafter before he traded Yawn

So you know for certain that a guy who had all of what, 9 sacks in his college career, played relatively few snaps, more as a 5 tech,for an absolutely loaded Georgia defense is the opposite?!?  You know for certain he will be productive as a run stopper AND a pass rusher more productive than Yan?  You think he'll have at least 8 sacks his rookie year and more than 20 sacks after two seasons and be better against the run?  I hope like hell you are right, but you are going against 27 years of Jaguars history to be right.

How do you quantify his play against the run, anyway?  In theory, as the strong side OLB, he will typically go up against TEs as opposed to tackles assuming both offense and defense are in base personnel...RTs as opposed to LTs.  How do you adjust for that?  A guy who gets 3-4 sacks and no forced fumbles and is stronger against the run doesn't count as being more balanced/better than Yan, because he's not making the impact.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 11:10 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-17-2022, 01:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 06:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: These quotes are from the article you cited.

(Emphasis added)

(Emphasis added)

Both of these quotes indicate he takes at least some responsibility in his departures.

What should be of greater concern is NOT his alleged lack of personal responsibility, but the fact that some three years after he was traded, we STILL haven't replaced the production of a guy most fans here stated overvalued himself.

What SHOULD be of greater concern is in the two seasons we didn't have him on the team at all after we traded him, we've won a total of FOUR (4) games.

What SHOULD be of greater concern is once again, the team has used two premium draft choice on reaches for guys the team hoped would replace his productivity (Chaisson and Walker).

What's interesting is that the people dismissing Ngakoue and Ramsey for asking for too much money have applauded paying Christian Kirk his contract. Probably because Kirk got offered good money vs demanding too much money that you are obviously not worth it (Ngakoue)

It seems the crime isn't being overpaid...but being outspoken.

what good would have been to win 1 more game in 2020 and 2021? (1 per year)

There is a reason why no one wants to keep the guy, he is garbage vs the run, has a big mouth and overvalues himself.
You don't think the Raiders, Vikings, Ravens would like to have a good pass rusher? he said it himself, other teams paid others instead of him. I guess everyone just hates poor saint Ngakoue, that's the only reason.

I love how no one says anything about these.

BTW if the Bengals had had a better O-line they would have won the SB as Chase (Higgins or some other WR) were torching Ramsey. Chase had Ramsey beaten but Burrow couldn't deliver the pass. If the Bengals win that game Ramsey would have been one of the biggest culprits.
Now you pretty much act like 2017 was thanks to only Ramsey and Ngakoue  Laughing

And before anyone says "no one said that" 

"The MOST you've said is that their presence would not have made any difference on a team this bad. Aside from our history showing that wasn't true...giving us our first and only winning season between 2008 amd the present" post #46 which also puts some words in my mouth I never said but whatever.

Don't mind me though, keep crying about a guy no one wants to keep and is one of the worst at his position vs the run and a guy who faked an injury to get out of this team, has a big mouth and in the biggest game of his life he was average at best... not to mention their big fragile egos.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-09-2022, 11:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 01:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:  what good would have been to win 1 more game in 2020 and 2021? (1 per year)

There is a reason why no one wants to keep the guy, he is garbage vs the run, has a big mouth and overvalues himself.
You don't think the Raiders, Vikings, Ravens would like to have a good pass rusher? he said it himself, other teams paid others instead of him. I guess everyone just hates poor saint Ngakoue, that's the only reason.

BTW if the Bengals had had a better O-line they would have won the SB as Chase (Higgins or some other WR) were torching Ramsey. Chase had Ramsey beaten but Burrow couldn't deliver the pass. If the Bengals win that game Ramsey would have been one of the biggest culprits.
Now you pretty much act like 2017 was thanks to only Ramsey and Ngakoue  Laughing

"The MOST you've said is that their presence would not have made any difference on a team this bad. Aside from our history showing that wasn't true...giving us our first and only winning season between 2008 amd the present" post #46 which also puts some words in my mouth I never said but whatever.

Don't mind me though, keep crying about a guy no one wants to keep and is one of the worst at his position vs the run and a guy who faked an injury to get out of this team, has a big mouth and in the biggest game of his life he was average at best... not to mention their big fragile egos.
Actually it was thoroughly discussed and the topic has progressed. 

But you're welcome to keep crying about it.

The argument that we shouldn't bother to retain talent because we probably wouldn't have won many games anyway is DOA. 
It's a plane that never got off the ground. 
Completely moot point.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 01:10 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-09-2022, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 11:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I love how no one says anything about these.

Actually it was thoroughly discussed and the topic has progressed. 

The argument that we shouldn't bother to retain talent because we probably wouldn't have won many games anyway is DOA. Show me exactly where I said this, this is another one of your dumb assumptions. This is what you do when you have nothing, put words in my mouth. 
Completely moot point.

All I see is you make assumptions/excuses bring a source.

Funny how he is such a good player but no one wants to keep him and other teams prefer to sign other guys and he still keeps crying about it.
How common thing to see good players being in 5 teams in 4 years? we all know ALL TEAMS want/love to have quality pass rushers and yet no one wants to keep this guy or give him a big and long contract.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-09-2022, 12:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Actually it was thoroughly discussed and the topic has progressed. 

The argument that we shouldn't bother to retain talent because we probably wouldn't have won many games anyway is DOA. Show me exactly where I said this, this is another one of your dumb assumptions. This is what you do when you have nothing, put words in my mouth. 
Completely moot point.

All I see is you make assumptions/excuses bring a source.

Funny how he is such a good player but no one wants to keep him and other teams prefer to sign other guys and he still keeps crying about it.
How common thing to see good players being in 5 teams in 4 years? we all know ALL TEAMS want/love to have quality pass rushers and yet no one wants to keep this guy
or give him a big and long contract.

OK - here's where you said that:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1468097

And here's the breakdown on the blue herp-derp above that was also already covered in this thread. 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1469953

(06-09-2022, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 12:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: All I see is you make assumptions/excuses bring a source.

How common thing to see good players being in 5 teams in 4 years? we all know ALL TEAMS want/love to have quality pass rushers and yet no one wants to keep this guy
or give him a big and long contract.

OK - here's where you said that:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1468097 and that is the same thing as saying "we shouldn't bother to retain talent"?   Laughing Laughing Laughing you are so smart

And here's the breakdown on the blue here-derp above that was also already covered in this thread. Like I said, all I see is assumptions and excuses from you 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-09-2022, 01:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: OK - here's where you said that:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1468097 and that is the same thing as saying "we shouldn't bother to retain talent"?   Laughing Laughing Laughing you are so smart

And here's the breakdown on the blue here-derp above that was also already covered in this thread. Like I said, all I see is assumptions and excuses from you 

Keep on trolling, pal. 

I'll continue to expose your horse [BLEEP] nonsense.

(06-09-2022, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 01:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Keep on trolling, pal. 

I'll continue to expose your horse [BLEEP] nonsense.

(06-09-2022, 11:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 01:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:  what good would have been to win 1 more game in 2020 and 2021? (1 per year)

What else is there to say about those statements that doesn't belabor the obvious?

Yes, Ngakpue has gone to a lot of teams in a short period of time.  Know who else has done that?  Brandin Cooks, who has been traded more than Ngakoue has.But as much as you want to make that a negative for Ngakoue (and by extension Brandin Cooks), the fact is, both players are better than anyone Jacksonville has at those positions-to say nothing of the fact teams were still interested in acquiring both players.  Both players have been on teams far better than the Jaguars have been since they traded Ngakoue.  You keep harping on Ngakoue being traded several times, but it doesn't change anything.  The Jaguars still haven't drafted or signed anyone that matches his production.

As for Ramsey having a bad Super Bowl...I can agree with that I can agree with the idea that if Burrow had better protection on that final play, Ramsey likely would have been beaten for the winning TD in the Super Bowl.  But the key phrase is "in the Super Bowl."  Despite all of the vilification those on your side like to heap on Ramsey, the fact is almost every team in the league was interested in trading for him, and the team that wound up trading for him was the team that won the Super Bowl.  They were in no way dissuaded from trading for him, nor were they in any way dissuaded from signing him to a long term contract.  After trading Ramsey and Ngakoue, the Jaguars were nowhere close to winning the Super Bowl.  In fact, the team was literally the furthest team away from winning the Super Bowl.  The last time the Jaguars were even close to the Super Bowl was in 2017, with a team featuring....wait for it....Jalen Ramsey and Yannick Ngakoue. 

I'm also not sure why you think their presence would have only made the difference in 1 game.  Out of what body cavity of yours did you pull that figure?!?

What kills me is you take some sort of victory in not paying for players who have performed at a high level for this team, only to celebrate a record breaking class of free agent signings of players totaling over $170 million in guaranteed money to guys who were nowhere near as productive for their teams as Ramsey and Ngakoue were for ours.  We signed a #3 WR at best in Kirk, a #4 WR at best in Zay Jones, who failed miserably in Buffahole, a guy who was deemed a disappointment in NY for Evan Engram.  Scherff was a good signing.  Oluakun and FO were good signings.  Williams was a good signing.  But our cap, at face value, isn't as good as it might otherwise have been before all of the signings.  So you burned through all of the cap room you created by not signing Ngakoue and Ramsey for players not as good.  The team hasn't won any more games since trading them away.  We didn't even maximize the return from the trades, absolutely botching the 2020 draft.  What is there to show for letting them get away?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!