Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue

(05-10-2022, 06:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 09:08 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Ngakoue still crying and blaming others for why he can't stick with a team.  Dude has some talent.  But neither he nor his agent recognize that he's a really good complementary piece, not an alpha dog.  https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-colt...titans-87/

These quotes are from the article you cited.

Quote:"When I felt like I was getting disrespected...I was vocal about it.  Which I fewlt like led to this situation. ...I guess I left a bad taste in people's mouth."
(Emphasis added)

Quote:Where I messed up, is I didn't do my research on what kind of scheme they ran."  
(Emphasis added)

Both of these quotes indicate he takes at least some responsibility in his departures.

What should be of greater concern is NOT his alleged lack of personal responsibility, but the fact that some three years after he was traded, we STILL haven't replaced the production of a guy most fans here stated overvalued himself.

What SHOULD be of greater concern is in the two seasons we didn't have him on the team at all after we traded him, we've won a total of FOUR (4) games.

What SHOULD be of greater concern is once again, the team has used two premium draft choice on reaches for guys the team hoped would replace his productivity (Chaisson and Walker).

What's interesting is that the people dismissing Ngakoue and Ramsey for asking for too much money have applauded paying Christian Kirk his contract.

It seems the crime isn't being overpaid...but being outspoken.

I'd say it's a little lenient to say those quotes are taking responsibility.

The first quote sounds like the old "I am sorry that people were offended" type of pseudo-apology. It's as dismissive as one can get without just owning their words irrespective of others' reaction to them. The second statement is seemingly laying part of the blame on scheme rather than the player in the scheme; it may be a player coming to terms with their own pursuit of maximum pay not yielding the best results, but it can also be that the player is not seen as vital enough for the team to either rework the scheme (as we have done with Josh Allen) or to avoid seeking other players who are either more affordable, better fits, or both (Myles Jack).

I'll admit his statements aren't brazen denial that he is in no way part of the equation that leads to his frequent change of teams, but I can't say I see this as a guy who is humbled and turning a corner into a more mature stance on his prospective career remaining.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue - by Mikey - 05-11-2022, 10:13 AM