Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue

(06-11-2022, 07:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 07:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I already pointed out Ramsey and Ngakoue come to a defense that ranked 31st out of 32nd in scoring in 2015 and those two helped bring the defense up to 5th their rookie years. Yan STILL led the team in sacks without the talent of the 2017 team around him.  His rookie year without all of that surrounding talent, he put up more sacks than Josh Allen did in ANY season where HE didn't have all of that talent.

PFF?!?  Seriously?

This is the same group that gave Derek Cox a higher grade than Darelle Revis.  God.  How many Gene Smith acolytes ran with that one?!?

PFF?!?

Now you are talking out your [BLEEP] and trying to make [BLEEP] up.  Josh Allen has that rookie sack record.  Yes pff, the site that grades for a living.  They have improved a ton since Cox was on the Jags.  Cox was damn good that year though.  The one year Yawn and Allen played together Allen had more sacks. The 32 GMs don't think Yawn is worth what you think he is and that says it all.  You are probably the only one on this planet that thinks higher of Yawn than he does of himself lmao.  I'm just thankful we don't have that 20 mil liability like you wish we have.

Do I need sock puppets to explain this to you?

Let me try again.

Josh Allen's rookie year, he finished with 10.5 sacks.  Outstanding wor by Allen, no denying that.  However, he had talented players taking attention away from him, including Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue.

Are you with me so far?

In the two years he has played without Campbell, Ngakoue, et al taking attention away from him, his BEST sack total season was 7.5 sacks.

Still with me?

That 7.5 sack total is LESS than Ngakoue's 8 sacks he had as a rookie in 2016, which were amassed without Calais Campbell, Marcell Dareus, et al.

That 7.5 sack total is less than Ngakoue's 10 sacks he amassed for the Raiders last year without Calais Campbell, Dareus, etc.

That 7.5 sack total was less than Ngakoue's combined sack total when he played for the Vikings (without Calais Campbell and Marcell Dareus) and Baltimore (who had Campbell, but was clearly past his prime by that point).

What I am saying is Ngakoue's history without Campbell, Dareus, et al shows more productivity than Allen's numbers without Campbell, Ngakoue, et al.

Got it now?

Sadly, you are one of a few just on this board who think less productive defenders are better than more productive defenders...and teams are better off giving away key contributors than retaining them and building around them.

The numbers speak for themselves.  With Ramsey and Ngakoue, the Jaguars defense was top 5 for three straight years.  Without Ramsey and Ngakoue and with Allen, the defense was not CLOSE to that.  With Ramsey and Ngakoue, the Jaguars showed a dramatic upward trajectory at least one year.  Without Ngakoue and Ramsey and with Allen?  Not at all.  In fact, they finished with the league's worst record the last two seasons-which coincide with the two seasons the Jaguars have played without Ramsey and Ngakoue.

Refute ANYTHING I've said in that closing paragraph.  I DARE you.  Deny ANY of the facts I've laid out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue - by Bullseye - 06-11-2022, 09:38 PM