Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Because Democrats are void of any reasonable ideas......

Instead of Trying to Win Election Fair and Square, Democrats Moving to Kick GOP Candidates from Ballot Entirely

Instead of working to present electable candidates of their own, Democrats in Wisconsin are demanding in a lawsuit that three elected Republicans be removed from the ballot over false claims that they were part of the so-called “insurrection” of Jan. 6, 2021.

https://www.westernjournal.com/instead-t...agBfmTVyVg
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not going to say that Republicans wouldn't try these same shenanigans if they had control of most of the levers of government, but I will say only a fool can't see that Democrats are doing this kind of thing at every turn. You shouldn't have to rely on a right-wing website for this kind of stuff to be news. Our system is so broken.

The uninformed on here will say these Republicans shouldn't be repeating a Trump lie, to which I say the same problem is the root cause. Having a non-partisan, unbiased, non-profit media is desperately needed.

I've heard plenty about these efforts. I've tried to discuss them on other message boards.
Half of the country, including the author of this article, won't admit that Jan 6th was an insurrection. It was a disorganized and incoherent insurrection, but it was an insurrection. Because it was an insurrection, anyone who participated in it or encouraged it should be ineligible for office per the 14th amendment. This includes President Trump. Half the country doesn't want to hear that.
However, these three members from Wisconsin and the member from North Carolina didn't participate in the insurrection. They simply voted against certification. The constitution gives them the privilege of voting yes or no to any question. Voting no simply doesn't rise to the level of participating in or encouraging an insurrection. The other half of the country doesn't want to hear that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 12:02 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

January 6th was an insurrection in the same way that Lia Thomas is the best woman in freestyle swimming. You can argue the technicalities, but there's no meat there.

(03-20-2022, 11:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: January 6th was an insurrection in the same way that Lia Thomas is the best woman in freestyle swimming. You can argue the technicalities, but there's no meat there.

Au contraire, there's still meat there. For now anyway.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-20-2022, 08:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've heard plenty about these efforts.  I've tried to discuss them on other message boards.
Half of the country, including the author of this article, won't admit that Jan 6th was an insurrection.  It was a disorganized and incoherent insurrection, but it was an insurrection. Because it was an insurrection, anyone who participated in it or encouraged it should be ineligible for office per the 14th amendment.  This includes President Trump.  Half the country doesn't want to hear that.
However, these three members from Wisconsin and the member from North Carolina didn't participate in the insurrection.  They simply voted against certification.  The constitution gives them the privilege of voting yes or no to any question.  Voting no simply doesn't rise to the level of participating in or encouraging an insurrection. The other half of the country doesn't want to hear that.

You really are a broken record.  Police were assaulted and property was destroyed by BLM rioters in Minneapolis and Ferguson.  Should everyone who was present protesting be charged with those crimes?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 09:46 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2022, 08:08 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 08:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've heard plenty about these efforts.  I've tried to discuss them on other message boards.
Half of the country, including the author of this article, won't admit that Jan 6th was an insurrection.  It was a disorganized and incoherent insurrection, but it was an insurrection. Because it was an insurrection, anyone who participated in it or encouraged it should be ineligible for office per the 14th amendment.  This includes President Trump.  Half the country doesn't want to hear that.
However, these three members from Wisconsin and the member from North Carolina didn't participate in the insurrection.  They simply voted against certification.  The constitution gives them the privilege of voting yes or no to any question.  Voting no simply doesn't rise to the level of participating in or encouraging an insurrection. The other half of the country doesn't want to hear that.

You really are a broken record.  Police were assaulted and property was destroyed by BLM rioters in Minneapolis and Ferguson.  Should everyone who was present protesting be charged with those crimes?

Depends where they were and when.
Anyone who was violating a curfew should be charged with that.  If anyone broke through a police barricade, they should be charged with that.

Nobody was supposed to be in the Capitol building that day except for the people who work there.  Everyone else in the building was breaking the law in an attempt to change the government, i.e., an insurrection.  We could debate about people who were on the grounds (which were also closed to the public) but didn't enter the building.  But anyone who unlawfully entered the building at that time was an insurrectionist.

(03-21-2022, 09:13 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 08:08 AM)Sneakers Wrote: You really are a broken record.  Police were assaulted and property was destroyed by BLM rioters in Minneapolis and Ferguson.  Should everyone who was present protesting be charged with those crimes?

Anyone who was violating a curfew should be charged with that.  If anyone broke through a police barricade, they should be charged with that.

Nobody was supposed to be in the Capitol building that day except for the people who work there.  Everyone else in the building was breaking the law in an attempt to change the government, i.e., an insurrection.  We could debate about people who were on the grounds (which were also closed to the public) but didn't enter the building.  But anyone who unlawfully entered the building at that time was an insurrectionist.

Destruction of property, people were injured and killed, trespassing, breaking curfew, loitering, assault against law enforcement, etc. ALL OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENED in BLM riots.

Nobody was supposed to do any of that anymore than the people who breached the Capitol building yet no one is holding all of those people responsible. The fact that you can't see this is beyond comprehension. Crime is crime whether committed during riots or an 'insurrection'. Justice requires people being held responsible. The people left in the wake of all those riots aren't seeing any justice done on their behalf.

(03-21-2022, 11:24 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:13 AM)mikesez Wrote: Depends where they were and when.

Destruction of property, people were injured and killed, trespassing, breaking curfew, loitering, assault against law enforcement, etc. ALL OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENED in BLM riots.

Nobody was supposed to do any of that anymore than the people who breached the Capitol building yet no one is holding all of those people responsible. The fact that you can't see this is beyond comprehension. Crime is crime whether committed during riots or an 'insurrection'. Justice requires people being held responsible. The people left in the wake of all those riots aren't seeing any justice done on their behalf.

Federal prosecutors have indicted 17 people in connection with the riots in Minneapolis.
Local prosecutors have charged a further 91 individuals.
People are certainly being held responsible.
In all cases, it looks like most of the people who were there causing trouble are not getting charged, however.  I'd expect about 10 times the amount of charges in both cases.

Now compare those who are being charged in the Capitol riot, Mr. Google.

(03-21-2022, 03:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Now compare those who are being charged in the Capitol riot, Mr. Google.

First, you compare the seriousness of each crime in terms of the possible consequences.

(03-20-2022, 04:19 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Instead of Trying to Win Election Fair and Square like they did in the last General Election, Democrats Moving to Kick GOP Candidates from Ballot Entirely

just added clarification ....

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 05:08 PM by Sneakers. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2022, 04:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 04:19 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Instead of Trying to Win Election Fair and Square like they did in the last General Election, Democrats Moving to Kick GOP Candidates from Ballot Entirely

Just for clarification, "fair and square" would mean zero tampering, regardless of whether said tampering was or was not sufficient to change the outcome of the election.  Do you believe that absolutely no tampering occurred in any district throughout the country?

(03-21-2022, 09:13 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 08:08 AM)Sneakers Wrote: You really are a broken record.  Police were assaulted and property was destroyed by BLM rioters in Minneapolis and Ferguson.  Should everyone who was present protesting be charged with those crimes?

The first part in bold is arguably true, trespassing.   
The second part is just an assumption on your part, designed to fit your narrative.  How could you possibly know intent?
The third part is the equivalent of saying anyone who stayed at a BLM protest after curfew when the police were assaulted is also guilty of assault.

(03-21-2022, 05:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 04:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Just for clarification, "fair and square" would mean zero tampering, regardless of whether said tampering was or was not sufficient to change the outcome of the election.  Do you believe that absolutely no tampering occurred in any district throughout the country?

If that is the case, no election would be considered "fair and square" given the fact that somewhere along the lines of casting 150 million ballots nationwide, at least 1 person on each side tampered in some manner.  Perhaps it's simply casting you ill mother's ballot without her knowledge .... people do things.  Nothing is 100% legit on either side.

(03-21-2022, 04:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 03:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Now compare those who are being charged in the Capitol riot, Mr. Google.

First, you compare the seriousness of each crime in terms of the possible consequences.

Oh ffs.  Wallbash

You mean a dude facing 20 years in prison after the cops told him he could come in if he didn't break anything? A guy that walked around for 12 minutes and left without touching a single thing? After undercover FBI agents moved the barricades and tried to agitate the thousands of people into attacking the Capitol building? Maybe a 100 people committed any type of "insurrection" type activity. The rest were just protestors without the common sense to leave once the government opened its doors to them. 800 people have been charged for that [BLEEP]. If it weren't for double standards.... well, you know the rest.