Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
They make the laws that regulate this industry, so why should she be able to do this.

Sounds a helluva lot like insider trading to me........

Pelosi Exercises Tesla Stock Options To Buy $2 Million In Shares

n a regulatory filing unveiled Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) disclosed her financier husband purchased more than $2 million in Tesla stock last week, marking one of the lawmaker's biggest equity investments this year as lawmakers tackle a wave of scrutiny targeting their trading activity.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanpon...0fe46050f1
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

how is this insider trading?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(03-25-2022, 01:48 AM)captivating Wrote: how is this insider trading?

Pelosi has a pretty good idea about various laws and regulations that are bubbling up in Congress.  She could conceivably tell her husband about some stimulus package or law that she knows will be coming up, that will affect Tesla's business.  

I think Senators and Congress people, and their spouses, should be prohibited from owning individual stocks.  It's too easy to profit on inside information.  Look at what happened with the two former senators from Georgia.  It looked like they were making stock trades based on information they had learned as Senators that the public didn't know about yet.

(03-25-2022, 05:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Pelosi has a pretty good idea about various laws and regulations that are bubbling up in Congress.  She could conceivably tell her husband about some stimulus package or law that she knows will be coming up, that will affect Tesla's business.  

I think Senators and Congress people, and their spouses, should be prohibited from owning individual stocks.  It's too easy to profit on inside information.  Look at what happened with the two former senators from Georgia.  It looked like they were making stock trades based on information they had learned as Senators that the public didn't know about yet.

They all go in rich and come out wealthy.   all of them.
s
;

;

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 01:38 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(03-25-2022, 05:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

As I recall, they were both Republicans and both got hammered for this during the runup to thier elections. Let's see what happens with Pelosi (most likely nothing).
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-28-2022, 01:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 05:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pelosi has a pretty good idea about various laws and regulations that are bubbling up in Congress.  She could conceivably tell her husband about some stimulus package or law that she knows will be coming up, that will affect Tesla's business.  

As I recall, they were both Republicans and both got hammered for this during the runup to thier elections.  Let's see what happens with Pelosi (most likely nothing).

Ossoff and Warnock hammered Loeffler and Perdue over the insider trading.
There's not going to be a Republican candidate in Pelosi's district that can hammer her.  I suppose she could get challenged by another democrat in the primary, but that's unlikely.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.