Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Arizona Will Require Voters to Prove Citizenship, Residency

Every State and the Feds should adopt this. It's a move in the right direction to ensure that only legal votes are cast...... I say YAY for Arizona!

Arizona Will Require Voters to Prove Citizenship, Residency

Arizona's Republican governor on Wednesday signed a bill requiring voters to prove their citizenship to vote in a presidential election, drawing fierce opposition from voting rights advocates who say it risks affecting some 200,000 people.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/arizon...kDapU1cJ4k
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the correct response after the investigation that took place last year. Lots of loose ends were brought to light.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 09:44 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

If this law is upheld, it will overturn court decisions going back 20 years.
The law would cancel the registration of about 30,000 voters in a state Biden won by about 10,000 voters.
These voters would have to re-register and offer proof of citizenship.
Personally I agree that it's better to make people prove they are citizens up front than it is to have them just affirm it once and live the rest of their lives with the threat of prosecution hanging over their heads.
Over the years people will adjust to the new law and there will be no impact along racial or partisan or age lines.
But in the short term, during the transition, there are unfair impacts along all of these lines. Especially along age, because anyone who was registered to vote in 2004 is grandfathered in.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-31-2022, 09:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: If this law is upheld, it will overturn court decisions going back 20 years.
The law would cancel the registration of about 30,000 voters in a state Biden won by about 10,000 voters.
These voters would have to re-register and offer proof of citizenship. 
Personally I agree that it's better to make people prove they are citizens up front than it is to have them just affirm it once and live the rest of their lives with the threat of prosecution hanging over their heads.
Over the years people will adjust to the new law and there will be no impact along racial or partisan or age lines.
But in the short term, during the transition, there are unfair impacts along all of these lines.  Especially along age, because anyone who was registered to vote in 2004 is grandfathered in.

If it's only going to affect 30,000 voters, I would think it would be fairly easy to get those people registered properly under the new rules.

Sucks that I can now only vote 49x in each election.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!