Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TIAA Bank Field Survey

(04-02-2022, 04:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There are a lot of people heavily invested in revitalizing downtown. I think there's a real possibility we will see that area come to life in the next 20 years.

I can provide you plenty of quotes from gov and businesses that said this same thing.....30 years ago. We'll see.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2022, 06:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 04:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There are a lot of people heavily invested in revitalizing downtown. I think there's a real possibility we will see that area come to life in the next 20 years.

I can provide you plenty of quotes from gov and businesses that said this same thing.....30 years ago.  We'll see.

30 years ago it was a combination of speculation and wishful thinking.  Right now, there is something tangible to support it.  There are over $400 million in recently completed projects downtown with over $1 billion in projects currently under construction and many more in the process of being planned.

(03-31-2022, 03:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I want them to replace the pools with a lazy river. Now that's Florida. Charge people $10 bucks for a tube that does a lap around the entire stadium, and $50 bucks for a game tube.

Oh yes please!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-31-2022, 04:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 03:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I want them to replace the pools with a lazy river. Now that's Florida. Charge people $10 bucks for a tube that does a lap around the entire stadium, and $50 bucks for a game tube.

I'd buy a game tube but I think the lazy river would be yellow by the end of the game.  Just sayin'

(04-04-2022, 01:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Oh yes please!!

They could make it a ride or transportation. Have it go out of the stadium and to the parking lots (or lot J if they ever build it). Make it go to the river and setup a river taxi where you can tub to your car ... the possibilities are endless. Everything to waste money on instead of the actual football game.

I don't get all the other stuff, I never leave my seat during the game unless absolutely necessary. Provide shade, better bathrooms as they really need overhauls, and faster/better food options and service.

Ukraine will be rebuilt before downtown Jax is renovated.  I just look at it as we are preserving history by leaving it in the same manner as it was from back in the Civil War days.

(04-01-2022, 08:29 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 04:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd buy a game tube but I think the lazy river would be yellow by the end of the game.  Just sayin'

....you expect people to spill their overpriced Bud Light?

Big Grin

Oh, that yellow water and those yellow stains on our fanbase's jean shorts are from Bud Light spillage.  Of course it is ... what was I thinking !!

(04-04-2022, 04:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Ukraine will be rebuilt before downtown Jax is renovated.  I just look at it as we are preserving history by leaving it in the same manner as it was from back in the Civil War days.

Truth.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

This is a [BLEEP] amazing idea.

(04-07-2022, 09:38 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:

This is a [BLEEP] amazing idea.

The People Have the Power.  We need to have our voice heard.  Perhaps this is a good time to March On The Stadium with Pitchforks and let it be know that we are demanding a Lazy River !!!!

I like the river idea

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2022, 09:36 AM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2022, 08:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 07:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd much prefer finally making downtown what it should be with a new stadium and waterfront retail/dining/nightlife district than building a stadium in a boring, generic suburb. 

Suburban sprawl is what ruined downtown and sprawling a vital component of the city to a suburb is like giving up without a fight. 

Other cities have revitalized faded areas to their former glory with new stadiums and adjoining developments. I'd like to see Jacksonville do the same.

Other cities aren't structured like Jacksonville where the township proper is the entire county due to consolidation.  That's the reason for the suburban sprawl.

You could build it south of Butler along the Intercoastal.  Closer to the Beach and established nightlife. That could be developed from scratch and wouldn't have to end up as a 'boring, generic suburb'.  We always talk about 'blowing up the team and starting from scratch', and when they don't, people go ballistic.  Why is the stadium any different?  It's an extension of the team. Spending good money after bad. And by the way, as someone who worked downtown for 30 years, there's nothing particularly exciting about downtown.

Tampa, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, and pretty much every southern metro say hi. It’s not because of that (your stated reason), all the above cities have small city limits and populations in city proper, yet millions in their areas due to massive and ongoing suburban sprawl. Sprawl has affected a ton of cities, yet with actual funding and commitment their downtowns have been revitalized. Downtown Tampa is a great place to live and play, same with St Petersburg. And St Pete was as dead as downtown Jax for a long time as well. Tampa had issues when channelside went under. It can be done.

Actually the stadium is currently adjacent to the river and about in the middle of the county .....DuuuuVAL! It is co located with a really nice baseball field and coliseum. There is plenty of land around it. (yea needs a bit of reclamation from the shipyard pollution) I like it where it is now.
A new broom always sweeps clean.