Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I couldnt be more happier

I'd respectfully disagree. I'm tried of measuring sticks, win a damn game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes we went toe to toe with a Super Caliber team, and only lost cuz refs with a bunch of bad calls, and maybe even having Ivory could have changed the game, we will be a winning team this year
I keep seeing these comments about GB being a 'super bowl caliber' team. They are certainly a playoff caliber team, and this game was an improvement, but they haven't been close to the bowl for years. They have made it to the NFC Championship once since their last SB like 5 years ago. I mean Aaron Rodgers is a HOF level talent, and GB is perennially good. But I think there's a reason they haven't been back to the bowl in recent years.

Either way tho, Jags hanging with a playoff team is always a good thing. I just don't want to overrate GB just to make us feel better about losing.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'm sorry but we still need new coaching. HC on down. This team is going to be better based on talent alone but I still get the feeling coaching is lacking. It's disappointing because this roster is talented.

That last offensive play call was disgraceful.

I'm unsure of my opinion on such a game. I'll drink the rest of my booze and I'll get back to you guys on the moro.

Quote:And where is everyone getting this Green Bay = powerhouse from?
Yeah they're a good team but the past two years they've had struggles on both sides of the ball that led to playoff exits. I actually like the packers tho. I root for them on any other Sunday
Looks like you made my comment before I did.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:If you guys cant see the enormous difference between this Week 1 compared to Week 1 against the Panthers last year, I dont know what to tell you. I know im in the minority on this, but to me its about building a quality team for the next 5-10 years, not about having 1 good season. Quality play like that has been missing for so long, maybe even since the 90's 
Yup a lot of our key players for the future were making their first starts and playing the their first game, and Jack I dont know if he got on the field, this team is gonna be good for a long time

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Instead of ending a getting blown out garbage time game....we were driving with the ball, had a chance for the win and lost by four.

Against the cheesers......now it will mean something when the team says....we made mistakes and need to clean some things up

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Not true at all. We've played very sloppy in Bradleys tenure. This was the most beautifully executed game we've seen in awhile
And we lost.

It's not about the gameplay anymore dude. It's about wins.

Quote:Not true at all. We've played very sloppy in Bradleys tenure. This was the most beautifully executed game we've seen in awhile

This is team lacks toughness and discipline. They are a reflection of the head coach.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'd respectfully disagree. I'm tried of measuring sticks, win a damn game.
Trust me I want us to win. But we Cannot strive to be a 11-5 team like Josh Freeman and the Buccs one year and totally tank the next, and be abysmal forever. Or we cannot be a Jags team in 2007 and look amazing, and then completely dip in 2008. We MUST strive for consistent high level playing each game. This was the first time in a long time we played at the highest level

Quote:No. It's not. Not anymore.

It's about wins now. Are you gonna say this same thing if we continue to lose games? Only a loser says that.

We played well but ultimately lost.... Which has been Bradley's MO his whole head coaching career.
so now we are supposed to win every game? Of course winning is always what the ultimate goal is, but the cold hard truth is we aren't good enough to do that and neither is any other team...

Quote:Yup a lot of our key players for the future were making their first starts and playing the their first game, and Jack I dont know if he got on the field, this team is gonna be good for a long time

Excuse the woe is me post, but the fans, especially the faithful season ticket holders who stick it out, deserve a winning record and I would say playoffs this year. This is year four of a rebuild with a stacked team. When does it stop? "Just wait until year 7 guys, that's when it will all come together".

Quote:This is team lacks toughness and discipline. They are a reflection of the head coach.
Did you even watch the game??? Im not going to argue with you, but I don't know how you possibly get that assumption watching this game

Quote:so now we are supposed to win every game? Of course winning is always what the ultimate goal is, but the cold hard truth is we aren't good enough to do that and neither is any other team...
the dude said he couldn't be happier. Which is wrong.

This team needs a win. Today was a perfect time to pull one out. Kind of like the Raiders and Del Rio did.

Quote:And we lost.

And based on today I feel like we will get a bunch of wins thks year.

Maybe I'll be wrong but today gave me a lot of hope. We play a lot of teams this year and not one of them have a QB like Aaron Rodgers.

They definitely look improved, but this game was winnable and we probably should have won it.

Quote:Did you even watch the game??? Im not going to argue with you, but I don't know how you possibly get that assumption watching this game

How many penalties, how much poor clock management, and how many rushing yards?

Yeah, case closed.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:And we lost.

right...if we don't win every single game for as long as Gus is HC he sux

Quote:Does everyone see how weak Gus is now and the lack of preparation that occurs during the week?

Did you forget to use the sarcasm font or are you really serious? 

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

And Gus holds on to his perfect 0-fer record vs playoff quality teams.